Haïti playthrough

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quick question: what’s the best way to balance and grow manpower as a minor? I know milita and ranged units are where it is at, but what is the trick to manage it enough to actually get a good number of units? Should I put 90% focus into RCs everywhere?

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • I think RC's in non-core are simply too expensive. You pay something over 10k of resources to gain 300 daily MP in a non-core city; that's simply too much. So the trick about MP is (a) get lots of land; even if it is undeveloped and non-core it adds up in the end; and (b) make units count for as much as they possibly can pr MP spent. In the early game that means militia because it easy to level them up; later on you pick just like 3-4 core units, research them all the way to as high a level as you can and build them there. My current research is L2 RRG's; that's because they're one of the best units in terms of battlefield efficiency per MP spent. Other key units remain militia (though fewer builds from here on), AC's who will hit L5 soon, and artillery for which I just started blueprint research. Resources aren't a problem at all anymore; after the deluge of AI's on day 3, the price drops were huge (I also managed to sell 50k of iron, the resource of my only core city, @8, and capitals were a main money income as well) and this is what my resource bar looks like now:

So yeah, I have to keep an eye on that low oil income and rares aren't great long-term either, but the only real bottleneck is MP.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Remember that this is a speed game. In a normal speed game, it would be only 350/h
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Holiday is almost over. Brazil will be in a bit of a surprise tomorrow:

In Central America, AI state El Salvador attacked me, who had previously took over most of Nicaragua, which was human-controlled for a few days. He shouldn't have done that:
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Brazilian offensive underway. Cities have stacks in them and have to wait for the artillery to catch u[.

Central America gradually getting cleaned up:
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Finally, the massed US offensive is starting!

Central America is clear, Brazil still has a few provs, including one with 22 Luxemburgian units in it! )))

- BIG DADDY.
    • Heavy tanks!! L3's!! I especially enjoy killing those)))
      - BIG DADDY.
    • He left several holes in his line, and my AC's got through and are running rampant in his lands now. A coastal stack was destroyed by my BB's, the others are standing still in N.Mexico. I'm bringing up artillery to take them out. My Brazilian army was rerouted to land on his East coast. Juicy detail, Canada used a Tac wing to bring down one of my AC's, so I'm at war with him now as well.

Casualties since the beginning of this war:
      HAITI - 4,310
      USA - 18,458
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Canada taking back a lot of land I took from the USA, and keeping it for himself... he is sending big armor stacks, and he has taken out two of my AC's from the air. He's sure a lot more dangerous than USA.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I left some advancers rushing overnight, here's the morning briefing:
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Tacs have upgraded to blueprint and joined the artillery in taking out the various heaps of steel spread across North America:

6:35 am The 13th Battle Group (USA) lost: 1 Battleship
      8:19 am The 3rd Destroyer Squadron (USA) lost: 1 Destroyer
      8:34 am The 57th Infantry Regiment (USA) lost: 1 Infantry
      8:42 am The 57th Infantry Regiment (USA) lost: 1 Infantry
      9:24 am The 51st Infantry Regiment (USA) lost: 1 Infantry
      9:31 am The 51st Infantry Regiment (USA) lost: 1 Infantry
      10:11 am The 2nd Destroyer Squadron (USA) lost: 1 Destroyer
      10:11 am The 52nd Infantry Regiment (USA) lost: 1 Anti Tank
      10:19 am The 52nd Infantry Regiment (USA) lost: 1 Infantry
      10:26 am The 52nd Infantry Regiment (USA) lost: 1 Infantry
      10:40 am The 26th Heavy Tank Brigade (USA) lost: 1 Heavy Tank
      10:47 am The 26th Heavy Tank Brigade (USA) lost: 1 Heavy Tank
      10:55 am The 28th Artillery Division (USA) lost: 1 Artillery
      11:02 am The 15th Submarine Squadron (USA) lost: 1 Submarine
      11:06 am The 4th Heavy Tank Brigade (USA) lost: 1 Heavy Tank
      11:25 am The 28th Artillery Division (USA) lost: 1 Infantry
      11:33 am The 28th Artillery Division (USA) lost: 1 Infantry
      11:39 am The 11th Destroyer Squadron (USA) lost: 1 Destroyer
      11:40 am The 28th Artillery Division (USA) lost: 1 Infantry
      11:45 am The 21st Heavy Tank Brigade (USA) lost: 1 Heavy Tank
      11:46 am The 11th Destroyer Squadron (USA) lost: 2 Destroyer
      11:47 am The 19th Infantry Regiment (USA) lost: 1 Infantry
      11:48 am The 28th Artillery Division (USA) lost: 1 Infantry
      11:49 am The 21st Heavy Tank Brigade (USA) lost: 1 Heavy Tank

10:33 am The 48th Battle Group (CANADA) lost: 1 Battleship
      10:34 am The 36th Commando Regiment (CANADA) lost: 1 Medium Tank
      10:42 am The 36th Commando Battalion (CANADA) lost: 1 Medium Tank
      10:49 am The 36th Commando Battalion (CANADA) lost: 1 Medium Tank
      11:09 am The 44th Railroad Gun Regiment (CANADA) lost: 1 Anti Tank
      11:13 am The 15th Tactical Bomber Wing (CANADA) lost: 1 Attack Bomber
      11:16 am The 44th Railroad Gun Regiment (CANADA) lost: 1 Light Tank
      11:20 am The 15th Tactical Bomber Wing (CANADA) lost: 1 Attack Bomber
      11:22 am The 6th Infantry Regiment (CANADA) lost: 1 Infantry
      11:24 am The 44th Railroad Gun Battalion (CANADA) lost: 1 Railroad Gun
      11:31 am The 44th Railroad Gun Battalion (CANADA) lost: 1 Railroad Gun
      11:35 am The 15th Tactical Bomber Wing (CANADA) lost: 1 Attack Bomber
      11:43 am The 15th Tactical Bomber Squadron (CANADA) lost: 1 Attack Bomber
      11:50 am The 15th Tactical Bomber Squadron (CANADA) lost: 1 Attack Bomber

9:05 am The 42nd Heavy Tank Brigade (CANADA) lost: 1 Heavy Tank
      9:22 am The 21st Infantry Regiment (CANADA) lost: 1 Motorized Infantry
      9:40 am The 43rd Commando Battalion (CANADA) lost: 1 Commandos
      10:12 am The 36th Commando Regiment (CANADA) lost: 1 Commandos
      10:17 am The 47th Commando Battalion (CANADA) lost: 1 Commandos
      10:19 am The 36th Commando Regiment (CANADA) lost: 1 Commandos
      10:27 am The 36th Commando Regiment (CANADA) lost: 1 Light Tank
      10:28 am The 17th Tactical Bomber Squadron (CANADA) lost: 2 Tactical Bomber

HAITI - 16,003
      CANADA - 83,060

HAITI - 13,011
      USA - 109,546

- BIG DADDY.