Haïti playthrough

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Phillip Bosley wrote:

How much gold and cards have you used so far?
      I'm very principled on those, I don't use them unless there are major whales around and I'm in the mood to teach one a lesson. There weren't any in this round.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Phillip Bosley wrote:

I'm very principled on those, I don't use them unless there are major whales around and I'm in the mood to teach one a lesson. There weren't any in this round.
      No need to respond to him. He’s been insulting nearly everyone across the forums for the past few weeks.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Phillip Bosley wrote:

No need to respond to him. He’s been insulting nearly everyone across the forums for the past few weeks.
      I’m not insulting anyone. Just curious.
    • Leave him be. He asked a question, and I answered it. No harm done.

On the battlefield, everything is OK:

Yet politics are not. There's a coalition of fout, Denmark, Africa, Japan, and Manchukuo. They have the game in hand, just about everyone else in the old world is inactive. Yet they move terribly slow. They want me in, but they have to kick somebody to do it. Denmark (their leader) says he will, but doesn't. I am not really in a position to fight all four of them, so I just have to wait till someone wakes from this lethargy. I could kill Bolivia while I'm at it, but I'm not really in the mood, he's OK and he didn't really do anything bad while I expanded all around him. I'll just wait and see for a bit.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I'm a member of the great Allies coalition with Denmark, Japan, and S.Africa now. Unfortunately the Allies are terribly slow and they specialize in standing around. Meanwhile Germany, now finally AI, declared on me. I was more or less prepared for that, and I had a sizable army near Spain which immediately counter-attacked. After a day of battles, mostly in space, local resistance was overcome:

The guy was active for a few days, and he has really awful unit counts standing around everywhere. For example, there was a 3,000 HP stack in Northern Brazil which has started splitting and a tough fight going on there:

Still it is an AI of course:
      Casualties since the beginning of this war:
      HAITI - 38,927
      GERMAN EMPIRE - 183,356

Global situation:We were short about 500 points at day change, it seems I need to do them almost alone, guess that means killing most of the German units.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Inactivity definitely helped, but as someone who has seen Rokossovski at it in a couple other threads this does not surprise me. I think the biggest thing to learn from him is to never stay put. A lot of the time, and I’m guilty of this right now in the Germany game, players will grow weary of how large they are and slow down on the final stretch, not really wanting to fight he AI. They will just stick to their conquered area, even at first place and slowly take over small ai countries with way too many units at a far too slow pace.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Forgot to mention, I'm also invading the Dutch Indies:

Its really a shame, all I needed to do to take that was kill 6x L1 infantry and a sole cruiser, and take 60 points for that. Why don't people take these out before me??
      - BIG DADDY.
    • This was my most beloved stack this game. These guys are just evil. I can't remember using blueprint tacs before, it has been years, but this game took as long as it needs to get these guys to work. I built them at L1, and waited all the way to upgrade them straight to L7. Now they do 200 damage to unarmored...

Also built L2 RRG's. I still feel they're too slow. Sure 5x of them moving through France zap what they see, but it takes an awful long time before seeing someone, and the fast screen already figured how to destroy things before they come into play. Sure that may be different against an active opponent.

I'm happy about early blueprint battleships. I ended up building 2 fleets of three until recently, and they did as advertized: kill anything that dared coming to the coasts. Enemy fleets were zapped easily, though again, not much competition. Only subs proved a bit of a problem.

I also use blueprint militia and AC, and both were reliable as ever.

Fighters proved redundant and a huge investment for no gain at all, but hey, you never know.

Also went all the way up to blueprint artillery, and yeah, the firepower they provide is really something for a relatively small investment.
      - BIG DADDY.