Strategic bomb patrol - bug or game mechanic?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Strategic bomb patrol - bug or game mechanic?

apologies for double post for anyone who saw that, forums is acting up again -.-

Please read all before commenting! I’d love to have a discussion about this as long as everyone realises what I mean by it so any questions for clarification are welcome x

So, a useful game mechanic which I love to use for planes, is patrolling. When I patrol over provinces with strategic bombers, their buildings will be quickly damaged and destroyed, and their morale depleted.

This mechanic is available for strategic bombers only if the centre of the patrol circle is within the city/province you’re patrolling over (i.e. even if the edge of the patrol circle is over another province centre, the other province will not deplete in morale or have its buildings damaged).

However, it seems that if the range of the strategic bomber does not reach to the province centre, this doesn’t work. In this case, it’s possible to patrol my strategic bombers within the province, but the province morale doesn’t deplete following the completion of one patrol.

Pictured below to illustrate:

The province morale is not depleting despite multiple iterations of the patrol being completed. As you can see, in most cases the morale would be depleting, because the patrol centre of the strategic bombers (the red dot showing exactly where the units are) is within the borders of the city of Bahia Blanca.

I believe this is the case because, as shown above, the range of the strategic bombers does not stretch to the city centre (the dot in the middle of the city).

So my question is: Is this an intentional game mechanic or a bug?
      Have a blessed day <3

The post was edited 2 times, last by SamPGS_17 ().

• I'm pretty sure I've damaged cities like this. Something else must be in play.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • So basically the bombers usually only need to touch the border of the province to damage it, however if they are not in range of the province center they will not damage it? And it does not damage if flying over the center with the patrol circle? Like Roko, I’ve damaged cities barely out of range using patrol circles before, including that recent RP. I think he’s right in this case.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

So basically the bombers usually only need to touch the border of the province to damage it, however if they are not in range of the province center they will not damage it? And it does not damage if flying over the center with the patrol circle? Like Roko, I’ve damaged cities barely out of range using patrol circles before, including that recent RP. I think he’s right in this case.
      I’m sure he’s right, but I don’t know what other factor is involved.
      Have a blessed day <3