German Homefront

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

Don't know if I should call this cope or if this is legit.
      Damn, TMC....

At this point, it's not easy to say whether it's true or not.
      For now, I'd rather not dive into this topic further unless there's some fact that can confirned this.

Copying someone else's writing style is generally very hard if that person has strong personality of their own... almost impossible.

Unless someone wants to go and investigate it further... for now, TMC can only create a brand new forum account... that's the only reasonable option he can get.
      I realized the power I held, Power! The power to rule! To make the world grovel at my feet!
      We will begin with a reign of terror. A few murders here and there, murders of great men, murders of little men, just to show we make no distinction.
      ꧋ꦔꦺꦴꦤꦺꦴꦪꦺꦴꦔꦺꦴꦤꦺꦴ꧈ꦤꦔꦶꦁꦎꦗꦺꦴꦔꦺꦴꦤꦺꦴ꧉

Carking's alt.
    • Kadeko wrote:

The thing with hacking is not easy.
      Not any people can do it, not Liberty....

If TMC was really HACKED for sure... why would he'd assumed someone who has grudged on him? If it was Liberty, why it didn't chase others that have the most beef with him? I mean, out of any possibilities... why TMC?
      That's not coincidence, and no.

I can't believe into his thing for a good reason.
      The way he argued is different, Liberty would just be throwing some racial slurs, stupid statements, and lots of dumb things...

No way that it's Liberty.
      Even if it's San... it's hard to say why San picked TMC, shouldn't he pick Car instead due to the amount of influence he has in the RP or any mods who were in the RP?

Kadeko wrote:

If I were to have a grudge on someone on RP, I would be picking the "Big guys" first to destroy their reputations for good, and will swap their email/password, and if I were to hate them sooo much... I'll get the account banned, alongside their CoW account.
      While I see where you're coming from, these specific arguments hinge on the assumption that the hacker was Liberty, Arta or someone else we already know about. It wasn't necessarily. If we have no idea who it was, we can't jump to conclusions about their motivations. Someone intelligent who really wanted to ruin someone's reputation could easily think to make a bunch of not-really-apologies to make it look more realistic. That doesn't make TMC's explanation believable necessarily, but it does mean we can't dismiss it entirely on those grounds.

Kadeko wrote:

This is unbelievably sketchy, and I've also encountered people from being banned because of using cheats... saying they were being hacked, and swear they didn't use cheats at all.

He'll need more proof... not just some stories like that.
      The fact that this has apparently been used as an excuse before to cover up shitty behaviour is very suspicious indeed, I gotta admit.

Kadeko wrote:

How? Just... tell me how he's able to get hacked???

I know a little some brute force hacking or little stuffs about that, but...
      I have no idea how someone would hack his account - or any account in general, really - not being tech-savvy enough to know that sort of thing, but it's certainly not impossible. Might be that he had a password that's really easy to guess. Maybe he gave that information to someone he trusted but shouldn't have.

Kadeko wrote:

I mean, because Car also pointed that TMC said about telling him about he would rather speak German than Arabic/other things before he goes insane with this BS few hours ago? Is he trying to cover that up?

I might sound harsh, but if you think about it... it would be logical that he wasn't hacked.
      Concerning comments of that nature he has made in the past... well, when talking to Carking he did admit he was a Wehrmaboo or whatever. Which could mean a) he still has some unsavoury opinions, but nothing like as awful as what got posted in this thread by someone pretending to be him, or b) his cover story is falling to bits.

Kadeko wrote:

If TMC was really HACKED for sure... why would he'd assumed someone who has grudged on him?
      It wouldn't be necessarily, there are arseholes out there who'd do this kind of rubbish for shits and giggles, but I can see why he would jump to the conclusion that whoever it was had it in for him, specifically. It's hard to make rational decisions when you're upset about something like that. Besides the kind of troll who would do the fake-apology thing I speculated about hardly seems like the one to pick a random victim for the fun of it. If it is indeed a hacker it does seem logical that there's some sort of underlying reason for the attack.

Kadeko wrote:

Also, saying that he'll go out from alliance in Car's wall means that... he has access to CoW account? If it was a hacker who'd say that... is it logical if the hacker is hacking TMC's CoW account? But, Aragosta, and Car is talking to the real TMC, right?
      Assuming for a moment that there was a hacker, there's no way they're the same person as Car and I were talking to, so yes, that would have been the real TMC.
      Now Carking says he's still in the alliance. So it could be that the hacker, if there was one, was bluffing about this. If their goal is to alienate TMC from everyone here, that would make sense.

Kadeko wrote:

I wrote this not because I hate TMC, but I know him for some time.... I'll accept his apology whole if he would just let go of this lies about being hacked.
      I mentioned in the OBC a while ago that my gut-feeling is that it actually was a hacker because, when I contacted TMC yesterday, I was expecting an inbox full of the same crap he was dishing out on the forums, claiming you were overreacting and he didn't mean what he definitely did mean if you actually read what he said. Nope. On a certain level he was acknowledging that none of what got said was appropriate. Now it is possible that - as you said and I also did in that post - he's come to his senses and is now trying to deny responsibility. That is not OK. His first step to reconciliation should be to admit what he did, not cover it up with some elaborate excuse. But it's also possible that he really is a victim here.

I think one could argue either way. I am as I said leaning towards believing him, but that could be me choosing what I want to be true rather than what probably is, and I don't want to make a judgement until we have more information.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • But what I don't understand is why a troll would go through all the effort of invading somebody's account and making them appear horrible, rather than just starting rumours about them and the like.
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Talvisota wrote:

But what I don't understand is why a troll would go through all the effort of invading somebody's account and making them appear horrible, rather than just starting rumours about them and the like.
      I mean they are a 'troll'. They don't have anything useful to do so of course they enjoy ruining the lives of other people.
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • Liberty actually trolls more in CoW global chat? Plus, if he'd ever get banned... he'll usually just create a new account.

He's not the type of guy who would apologize, or even going for hacking... which is very sketchy.
      I have no idea if it was him... but the chance being him are too little due to the amount of trolls he's focusing on is in global chat, not forum...
      I realized the power I held, Power! The power to rule! To make the world grovel at my feet!
      We will begin with a reign of terror. A few murders here and there, murders of great men, murders of little men, just to show we make no distinction.

Carking's alt.
    • Kadeko wrote:

Liberty actually trolls more in CoW global chat? Plus, if he'd ever get banned... he'll usually just create a new account.

He's not the type of guy who would apologize, or even going for hacking... which is very sketchy.
      I have no idea if it was him... but the chance being him are too little due to the amount of trolls he's focusing on is in global chat, not forum...
      Yeah liberty is more of a global chat troll, not really a forum troll (though he had attempted to hijack RPs)
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • We'd be a lot more dismissive of a random person talking shit about a trusted forum member than we were of the forum member himself being an appalling human being. As things stand we're probably never going to conclusively prove who was at fault.
      Leaving aside the fact that trolls don't do stuff because it's efficient, they knew full well that doing it this way would cause more havoc and do more lasting damage.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

We'd be a lot more dismissive of a random person talking shit about a trusted forum member than we were of the forum member himself being an appalling human being. As things stand we're probably never going to conclusively prove who was at fault.
      Leaving aside the fact that trolls don't do stuff because it's efficient, they knew full well that doing it this way would cause more havoc and do more lasting damage.
      That is a great point. The trolls did their homework before doing what they did.

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • Hmmh... but, again... it's just almost not possible that a troll can go that far considering most of them prefer a more cheaper and fast way.

What's the purpose anyway of hacking TMC? Especially talking about German and WW2 arguments in which liberty most likely won't do it in a way that quoting from sources....

Unless it's a person other than liberty.
      We can't be fully sure whether TMC is hacked or not.
      No trolls would ever try to defend themselves that they're not Neo-nazi or telling us to stop calling them that...

It's just sounds quite off...

Carking's alt.
    • I'd like to add, some people asked the question "Why would they hack TMC and not someone else"... A hacker doesn't have a choice WHICH account he hacks, it is more about getting a chance to hack a particular account, usually because the user is careless. For example, I didn't enter my password for this forum for a long time, because my devices "know" it. A hacker who had access to my computer could sign in as me, but not as someone else.

If I were to guess and there was indeed a hacker, I'd presume it was something along those lines: someone in TMC's personal environment, not a fellow forum user. TMC should maybe figure out who had access to his computer in the time frame the posts were made, check if the account password was changed, if any other stuff on that computer was compromised, or if he has any personal enemies outside the game who would want to discredit him in this way.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.