Tool for measuring distances on the map

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Lady Aragosta wrote:

I spend more of it than I would otherwise precisely because I have to fill gaps with inefficiently spaced airstrips. Ideally I'd have a sample aircraft sent to each airstrip as it's completed so I can check the next is within range before building it, but who has that kind of time during a full-scale invasion?
      When you're in the desktop app (as opposed to mobile), and you already have the sample aircraft available, you can do that by clicking the sample, click move, and then hold the mouse over the place where you're considering an air strip. The interspaced circle at the destination will show you the range from a (potential, not-yet-existing) air base in that province.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Zaktty wrote:

As well as this, @cycle9 you claim this has been suggested many times but I can't find anything like it, could you give me some examples?
      Yes the feature was suggested many times, but it has been a few years indeed. I'm really too lazy to go look for the particular threads, using alternative phrasing in your searches might help.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Lady Aragosta wrote:

I spend more of it than I would otherwise precisely because I have to fill gaps with inefficiently spaced airstrips. Ideally I'd have a sample aircraft sent to each airstrip as it's completed so I can check the next is within range before building it, but who has that kind of time during a full-scale invasion?
      When you're in the desktop app (as opposed to mobile), and you already have the sample aircraft available, you can do that by clicking the sample, click move, and then hold the mouse over the place where you're considering an air strip. The interspaced circle at the destination will show you the range from a (potential, not-yet-existing) air base in that province.
      I wasn't aware you could do that. Thanks!
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Ditto, but I've been neglecting the game-related threads lately. I don't give much weight to that Cycle guy as I don't know him, but if Roko and Python both say it's been mentioned before I'm happy to take their words for it.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

This is literally the first time I’ve seen this…
      Bro what-
      I'm pretty sure either Donk or someone else mentioned it, maybe you weren't active back then.

Lady Aragosta wrote:

Ditto, but I've been neglecting the game-related threads lately. I don't give much weight to that Cycle guy as I don't know him, but if Roko and Python both say it's been mentioned before I'm happy to take their words for it.
      Cycle's been there for a while, at least as long as me I think. And yea, this topic has been mentioned before, but not as much as hospitals tho ^^
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • You can calculate distances. Just multiply speed of the unit with time and see if their is any consistency. If there is any, you would get a good approximate for distances in this game.

Lets say a unit takes 2 hour to travel from austin to dallas, and its speed is 40, then you get 80 unit distance.
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • I mean, I guess that would work, but I can't be the only person too lazy to want to do that.

Yes, I am well aware that Bytro adding this would be more effort than my doing the maths. Although even that depends on how many people need to do this in how many of their games.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
    • Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

You can calculate distances. Just multiply speed of the unit with time and see if their is any consistency. If there is any, you would get a good approximate for distances in this game.

Lets say a unit takes 2 hour to travel from austin to dallas, and its speed is 40, then you get 80 unit distance.
      But this doesn't allow you to measure remote areas, plus, the distances don't appear to be too consistent.
      President of The Forum.

(As elected October 2023).

Can be found on Call of War itself as "Zaktty".