Strategic Bombers have too much range

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• When you’re referring historically accuracy, which doctrine are you comparing? I have a map open as commies. When I look up the range of their lvl 3 interceptors against the lvl 1 strats, it’s 350 to 600. And looking up their models in Wikipedia it’s 700km to 2,000. I mean, it’s not that far off. But with that said, game balance is always a factor.
    • Deutschen Volke wrote:

How is it that a Level 1 strategic bomber outranges a Level 3 interceptor? That's not even historically accurate!
      Interceptors were Never build with the gas range of bombers and that was a huge problem in ww2 until the P51 came and even that was not made to take long distance. Wings span holds lots of gas. Most fighters had less then 100 gallons of petro where bombers held thousand.

I know I was in the Air Force and worked on the ones from 1977 until 2008. The F-15 had drop fuel tanks that gave 500 miles more and dropped them when it came time for action along with other fighters as well.

Also remember Gas was a huge fire problem that does not apply today of the jp3 and jp4 fuel

The post was edited 1 time, last by A Eastman ().