making non core provinces able to be made into a core

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• making non core provinces able to be made into a core

the idea is that you could be able to make non-core provinces into core provinces
      it would have a 36 hour build time
      it could cost 50k money and 10k of each resource
      it would have to neighbour a core province so not only the cities would be made into cores
      cities would cost 2-3x as much
    • Why would you spend such an enormous amount of resources on getting the advantage of 4x income which wouldn't pay back until way past day 100?

The problem with this suggestion (you're not the first) is that it is EITHER too expensive and nobody does it so it doesn't matter if it is possible; OR too cheap which means everybody is doing it and conflicts with the design decisions which made the difference core/non-core make it into the game at all.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Why would you spend such an enormous amount of resources on getting the advantage of 4x income which wouldn't pay back until way past day 100?

The problem with this suggestion (you're not the first) is that it is EITHER too expensive and nobody does it so it doesn't matter if it is possible; OR too cheap which means everybody is doing it and conflicts with the design decisions which made the difference core/non-core make it into the game at all.
      i couldnt really come up with a good idea on what the price could be so i just went with my gut so im up for debate
      and i thought it would be more of a lategame option

The post was edited 1 time, last by marksman69 ().

• I have to agree with Roko on this. Certainly would be a difficult idea to implement with the proper balance. Also consider the bigger picture. This is a war game, not an empire building game like civilization.

If anything I would think expanding your core would have an impact on morale. How would the rest of your citizens feel about you giving the same privileges that come with citizenship to others? Expanding your core should hurt morale in the rest of your core. Just my opinion.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

I have to agree with Roko on this. Certainly would be a difficult idea to implement with the proper balance. Also consider the bigger picture. This is a war game, not an empire building game like civilization.

If anything I would think expanding your core would have an impact on morale. How would the rest of your citizens feel about you giving the same privileges that come with citizenship to others? Expanding your core should hurt morale in the rest of your core. Just my opinion.
      Well, not only is this a war game, it is also based on WW2

Consider historically what happened early in the conflict.
      Germany expanded into Czeckoslovakia using the german speaking natives as justification. Thus becoming "core" land
      Same when they took in Austria, though more peacefully.
      Effect on German people's morale? Very high.
      Czeckoslovakia became an important production area for the German army. Likewise Austria.

For game mechanics? yes, hard to do and probably not worth it.

But historically? It did happen.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

I have to agree with Roko on this. Certainly would be a difficult idea to implement with the proper balance. Also consider the bigger picture. This is a war game, not an empire building game like civilization.

On another note I’d love to see an empire/civilization building game in the style of COW one day. A slower style more focused on economic and social aspects of your country, while still retaining a complicated combat system like this game does. I suppose paradox games already do that thing, though.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

On another note I’d love to see an empire/civilization building game in the style of COW one day. A slower style more focused on economic and social aspects of your country, while still retaining a complicated combat system like this game does. I suppose paradox games already do that thing, though.
      was about to say paradox makes those
    • Paradox has the remarkable ability to design hyper-complicated combat mechanics (other mechanics as well, btw) and then leave the player without any power to use or influence them.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Nostroma wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

Well, not only is this a war game, it is also based on WW2
      Consider historically what happened early in the conflict.
      Germany expanded into Czeckoslovakia using the german speaking natives as justification. Thus becoming "core" land
      Same when they took in Austria, though more peacefully.
      Effect on German people's morale? Very high.
      Czeckoslovakia became an important production area for the German army. Likewise Austria.

For game mechanics? yes, hard to do and probably not worth it.

But historically? It did happen.
      You could argue that different ways and generally find historical precedent for most things if you look hard enough.

First, Austria and parts of Czech had German speaking populations, as you mentioned. That certainly helps with a common language which would make assimilating those areas easier for both sides. Second those situations are very specific and not common. Consider the war Greece and Turkey fought between WWI and WWII. When the war ended, the boarders changed. As part of the treaty that ended the war, both sides agreed to massive populations shifts as Turkey wanted all Greek speakers out of their territory. This resulted in massive amounts of refugees on both sides and assimilating those populations could not have improved productivity.

With the German example, you could make the argument those were already core provinces and the rules in the current game mechanics already apply. You could also make the argument that the morale increase was a result of the victories in war and the game already has these mechanics in place with the boosts from taking capitals.

Also why require a land boarder? After WWII, Alaska and Hawaii both became US states. You could make the argument that they became core provinces at that time. For those not geographically inclined, there is no land boarder between either and the US mainland.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but probably more trouble than it's worth to implement.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Paradox has the remarkable ability to design hyper-complicated combat mechanics (other mechanics as well, btw) and then leave the player without any power to use or influence them.
      I really wish that there was more than like 4 select strategies and unit builds in those games that actually work and win.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • I want to suggest smt, what if we made this option only available when you lost certain core provinces, let me rephrase, each player has x core provinces at the start, but if you lose them what if you could change secondary provinces to main, this way "runaway" players would have it easier to survive in faraway lands when you build a new core province, it would become your primary province but when you re-capture your mainland it will appear as a secondary province with no defense bonuses, etc... the price for building main provinces elsewhere would be random and only available when you have lost more than half of your main provinces, you can also re-assign the main province rol to a secondary province by "downgrading" an existing main province
    • To be honest, when you are in that situation, you are basically out of the game already. Sure you may be able to hold on to Iceland and get some gold for that, but you're no longer a contender for the win.
      - BIG DADDY.