How to report cheaters?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How to report cheaters?

Many games have cheaters who join a team and then move all their troops to the sea and become inactive or who spy on allies for the enemy.

Player AYADDG user ID: 27936257 throws the game. Moved all their units to the sea in 24 hours and lets the enemy invade them.

In multiple other games i also have suspicion of player on my team collaborating with the enemy as enemy seems to know what i am doing within a few minutes of my actions.
    • While a dirty trick and bordering the limits of what even I would consider acceptable behaviour* I'm not sure it would qualify as cheating (unless I'm misunderstanding something here to do with exploiting game mechanics or alt accounts or something, which I didn't get an indication from in your description).
      I would deal with it by demanding to know where they're moving all those troops to and how they expect their core to survive, and if in 24 hours you don't have a response or they clearly aren't doing what they said they're doing, boot them out of the coalition and talk with remaining teammates about how to counter enemies knowing whatever information they'll already have gotten off you.

*The backstabbing bit's fine, for a given value of fine, it's generally expected people are going to do that and it makes diplomacy fun. The dirty bit is throwing the game to facilitate that (which again would be one thing if they did so by refusing to help their allies, but giving up their own territory is quite another). If they're not going to preserve their own country, what exactly are they in the game for? Messing with people? Yeah, not cool.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

While a dirty trick and bordering the limits of what even I would consider acceptable behaviour* I'm not sure it would qualify as cheating (unless I'm misunderstanding something here to do with exploiting game mechanics or alt accounts or something, which I didn't get an indication from in your description).
      I would deal with it by demanding to know where they're moving all those troops to and how they expect their core to survive, and if in 24 hours you don't have a response or they clearly aren't doing what they said they're doing, boot them out of the coalition and talk with remaining teammates about how to counter enemies knowing whatever information they'll already have gotten off you.

*The backstabbing bit's fine, for a given value of fine, it's generally expected people are going to do that and it makes diplomacy fun. The dirty bit is throwing the game to facilitate that (which again would be one thing if they did so by refusing to help their allies, but giving up their own territory is quite another). If they're not going to preserve their own country, what exactly are they in the game for? Messing with people? Yeah, not cool.
      If he is joining with a person or alt and doing this on purpose, I believe that is cheating.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • As others have said, this game can be full of players who backstab. They'll have one member join coalitions of new players and report their troops composition and movement to the players they joined the game with. It's underhanded, but it isn't really cheating.

Multi accounting or wolfpacking is cheating as it's against the ToS.

Using massive amounts of gold isn't cheating either. Those players are Bytro's paying customers. I'll drop thousands of dollars on once in a lifetime vacations...no problem. There are lots of players willing to drop that kind of money to win a game that markets itself as a strategy game. They struggle to compete on a level playing field, in strategy games, and Bytro makes a game where they don't have to.
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

Lady Aragosta wrote:

While a dirty trick and bordering the limits of what even I would consider acceptable behaviour* I'm not sure it would qualify as cheating (unless I'm misunderstanding something here to do with exploiting game mechanics or alt accounts or something, which I didn't get an indication from in your description).

If he is joining with a person or alt and doing this on purpose, I believe that is cheating.
      Yes, but the original post made no mention of using an alt. It's possible, but by no means certain.
      As far as 'person' goes... if they negotiated that with the people they're giving information to within the actual game, surely that would be technically legal. If they decided to do this outside of the game that becomes a bit sketchier.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
    • Lady Aragosta wrote:

Yes, but the original post made no mention of using an alt. It's possible, but by no means certain.
      While he may have made no mention of an alt, his description describes how some players use alts. They often put their troops to sea and that’s it, sometimes they send them into a different neighbor and even give all their resources to the main account too. Depends on what they think they can get away with.

Although I’ve had alliance mates get accused of using alt accounts too and one was even kicked from a game by a mod who didn’t know what they were doing. He had to appeal to a more senior mode for figure out that he wasn’t.

I had another alliance mate report a team for wolfpacking. There were seven on the WaW map from the same alliance. They reported it and only one of them got kicked still leaving six. I always understood it to be anything over the coalition limit on a map is wolfpacking. Rules are very unevenly enforced, unfortunately.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

Lady Aragosta wrote:

While he may have made no mention of an alt, his description describes how some players use alts. They often put their troops to sea and that’s it, sometimes they send them into a different neighbor and even give all their resources to the main account too. Depends on what they think they can get away with.
      Although I’ve had alliance mates get accused of using alt accounts too and one was even kicked from a game by a mod who didn’t know what they were doing. He had to appeal to a more senior mode for figure out that he wasn’t.

I had another alliance mate report a team for wolfpacking. There were seven on the WaW map from the same alliance. They reported it and only one of them got kicked still leaving six. I always understood it to be anything over the coalition limit on a map is wolfpacking. Rules are very unevenly enforced, unfortunately.
      I see. Most of the maps I like playing go inactive pretty fast so there's not as much incentive for cheating, so I'm unfamiliar with the patterns of behaviour alts usually display. That makes sense.

On the other hand, I don't like it when people jump to the conclusion that people are alts or cheaters without investigating or asking other people for advice on the situation. (Which I am aware is quite possibly what the OP has done.)
      Her Ladyship Aragosta

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
    • 6thDragon wrote:

This is a tough one...If I join a big map and see by chance that there are 5 others of my alliance already in the game (without having prior knowledge of this). What am I to do? Just quit? Would still show 6 members of the same alliance in game even if I'm inactive.
    • Nostroma wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

This is a tough one...If I join a big map and see by chance that there are 5 others of my alliance already in the game (without having prior knowledge of this). What am I to do? Just quit? Would still show 6 members of the same alliance in game even if I'm inactive.
      If you find yourself in that situation, quitting is an option. Whatever you do, don’t give your resources to one of your alliance mates before going inactive. That’s another kind of cheating called account pushing.

Something similar as you described happened to us a while back. 5 of us coordinated to join a map together and a 6th player was on vacation and not paying attention to our alliance’s discord and joined solo. It helped that one or two of the five were friends of the alliance so wasn’t as visible. I messaged our 6th member and asked him to go inactive, but he must not have noticed. By the time we realized he was still active, he was already under attack so we just asked him to not get in our way. We didn’t share maps with him or trade resources, but at some point a few golders started attacking him so we jumped in to save him. He was in Africa by himself when the rest of us were in Asia.
    • I have question. In speed map, I have two players from same alliance with high stats. They joined together and they killed all their `allies`. They share map for some time with other players, latter they prepare and kill them. They played with Iraq and B. Odisha, killed allied Persia, Turkey, Indochina, some African countries, Then South America and lastly me. I was warned from Turkey player but I did not believed him. After they killed Indochina I realized what is going on. I continued to play to see what will happen next. They gone trough Africa, but it was obvious they have share map and latter they killed them. Then they left coalition with Indochina and South Argentina, killing them too. Now they attacked me, I knew they will, so I pulled out my troops, but they attacked me while we had share map.

Question is, is it against the rules?

If it is, we should have information about these players, anyone can play like that and have good stats.
      Stats then are pointless.
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • It's not against the the rules to backstab someone or take them for a ride, it's unethical but not a crime.What should be a crime is to be stupid enough to believe them haha but I myself have learned the hard way so I understand the frustration.
      You can only report them if you have strong evidence that they're violating Bytro regulations.And being unethical clever to fool someone is not a game violation, I believe.
      However you more than welcome to file a support ticket if you want to take it further.
    • Well, they did fool me. I am not frustrated by that, I been fooled earlier too. But here I am talking about style of playing, sharing map and killing ally multiple times. In speed game it is hard to notice. If you notice and check it than it is too late. I think all they kills were similar. There is two players from same alliance, getting bigger and bigger by slaughtering their allies. I am not sure if there is 2 or one guy on 2 accounts. If there is no rules against that kind of play, than it should be made. Or some kind of change of game mechanics. If you share map with someone, and his troops are crossing your territory if you change to peace game will consider like other player attacked you. They use that too. So they claim others attacked and betrayed them :)
      And there is to of them, so if you post something about one of them, second one will defend and you are over voted on start.
      I played maps where many players, 4 or 5 from same alliance join same game of 100 and win. It is also bad for a game. Premade diplomacy. They know who to trust, no need to worry..
      These two players have good stats, and by them you can not see how did they get it. maybe to include something like counter how many times did someone attacked ally or someone who has right of a way, that other players can see in their stats
      "Then, when you run out of ammunition and the enemy continues to advance - to the bayonet, when they break your knife - to your hands, when they break both of your hands - to your teeth, when you get the last tooth knocked out, as long as you move, as long you are there - attack! When they mortally wound you, see to it that you fall in their way, so they have to go around you, jump over you or move you - bother them even in death!" speech of lieutenant Tasic before battle of Cer 1914.
    • Noted.The only crime would be 1 person with multiple accounts on one map or maybe 2 people in one location/IP addresses one location playing one map.Bytro officials can confirm if I'm right or wrong. @Arcorian
      The alliance members joining one map should not be penalized,yes it's premade diplomacy but so can a few different players decide in global chat to join a map and form a coalition.
    • OK, thanks for answer. I play this game for 8 years, till now best tactic I saw was to call friend to join, share maps with everyone, see periods when players are active, when they are not, then kill them one by one. You do not need intel or anything, you will see their troops. You will get gold for win, and high stats. When you enter new map nobody will know what to expect.
      You can do that by yourself, for example one profile uses mobile data, and second one desktop internet and your IP will be different.
      If you want good stats there is a recipe