Your Army Compositions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Your Army Compositions

Naturally all kinds of People will have different Army Compositions. That being said i run a German Blitzkrieg Army Composition:
      Early Game: 1/4 Inf 2/4 Light Tanks 1/4 Tactical Bombers
      ------If you have played at all you will know Light Tanks are really strong early game. I use the Terrain Mechanics a lot and if you don't you need to it will save you troops and you will win more battles. I use my tanks to attack enemy provinces fast and hard. I use the Inf to take cities since Tanks have a -50% attack buff when in cities making them useless early game. I use Tactical Bombers to strike cites that are protected with inf.

Mid Game:1/5 Inf 2/5 Light Tanks 2/5 Medium Tanks
      -------I mainly use Rockets to strike important cities and unit group ups. I use the inf to still take cities and light tanks the same but with Medium tanks combined.

Late Game: I dont know since ive usually won at this point :P
      If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won’t follow.

Do you know why snow is white? Because it forgot what color it was.

Strength that knows no boundaries is merely violence.

• I have not reach the "late game" point yet but by army composition I follow a methodological approached to CoW.
      -Early game-
      I start off by making new infantry units in my cities and allocate them evenly to different fronts of expansion, each front will accommodate 5-10 infantry depending on how the enemy will resist them, supported by 2 AC and 1 LT to expand on day 2-3.

-Mid game-
      My mid game will be more defensive/offensive depending on how well the campaign is going. If resistence is light the offensive continue on, if the opposition is fighting back I would consolidate my gains and expand in that front slowly, at this point AC's are completely phase out for LT's and MT's.

-late game-
      I have not yet reach the "late game" aspect but if I do, I would favor lots of fast MT's and slow moving infantry.

I mostly replicate this on every game I play or tried to replicate it every game, some started moving on day 2 and most of my forces are out of place in this time, my army composition is what you would call a "slow moving juggernaut" in the defense or a "surgical scalpel" for offence.

The Air Force I use sparingly for defence, as well as the navy, I don't normally use the Air Force offensively, depending on the situation of course.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • I go for the good 'ol way of the biggest gun wins. In all of my games but one where I nearly lost but climbed back, I am usually around 5% ahead of the second most researched nation.

Early Game

I usually built some infantry, artillery and cruisers while I research medium tanks and tac bombers. As soon as I have those, I bulk build medium tanks and throw them around with tac bombers for support if they can keep up with the speed of invasions.

Mid Game

By this time I have heavily upgraded tac bombers, missiles, infantry, medium bombers and a rock solid navy of surface ships. I can build and build for days thanks to warmongering early game while everyone else was slowly building an army.

Late Game

I have nuclear bombers, heavily upgraded warships, heavily upgraded tac bombers and fighters, top level missiles and strong infantry with a lot of nuclear stuff researched for missiles and bombers. I am usually near done at this point.

You guys should give this a try, you steamroll your foes. Unless you're the US, it is very hard to reinforce troops. I had to bug out of Europe and build a huge navy to protect my shores.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• Early Game

Combination of light tanks, infantry and interceptors to patrol area before bombers strike.

Middle Game

Combination of heavily upgraded infantry, medium tanks, and heavily tactical bombers

Late Game:

Strongly bet for rockets and nuclear bombs
      The past is a foreign country.
    • When I am mopping up an AI, I like to use them just like S1914 to soften up the opposing army to reduce my casualties. They don't work all that well with a blitzkrieg attack as they fire too slow to match the speed of the tanks. They are definitely not a primary unit but an occasional support unit that is good for defense.
      "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
      GEN William Tecumseh Sherman
    • I've noticed that when I use artilleries I have more casualties than I have without using them; is that true? I use at least 10 artilleries per game, but for me 20 is the best to support atacks against cities with fortresses.
      O beijo, amigo, é a véspera do escarro,
      A mão que afaga é a mesma que apedreja.
    • V1nd1cat0r wrote:

I don't know Roos...20 artillery pieces is kinda pricey, if using MT or planes for the same result.
      I won't reveal all my strategy :P But these artilleries were priceless in my atacks against units behind protection of lvl 5 forts. First I tried to use rockets, but they are inneficient, and now I keep using arties even with nukes, used when needed.
      O beijo, amigo, é a véspera do escarro,
      A mão que afaga é a mesma que apedreja.
    • If it's againts high level forts then maybe artillery is the best choice, you need to constantly damage it, although the attack rating is weak it's sustainable, and don't use too much resource like rockets.

I want to think about using mass bombers, but if the fort have anti-air then artillery is really the best choice.
    • Butter Ball Bill wrote:

No,bombers are better. No one I have ever fought uses AA's.
      This is true and most games i don't even see much people build forts.

• Forts are not mostly build because of many factors, most prominently is where to build it. It's a nice upgrade for Italy and Spain to prevent a direct land route, for other countries not so important maybe good for RP but not in a normal game.
    • The only times i've had to build forts was as UK vs Italy. I built 2 one in Paris that i owned vs Italy's tanks and inf and in Egypt where the UK - Italian Border meets to defend off his attacks. Which both were only at lvl 2. If used effectively and placed perfectly they are extremely helpful. In Paris i had 8 inf and 3 Medium tanks defend against a 3 inf 15 tank army attacking it. In North Africa it was in the plains i used 3 Light Tanks 2 inf and the fort to defend against about 9 inf. The Terrain mechanics in this game are very important.

• I have reached a late game period and by now everyone hates everyone else and I lagged behind on the research front.

I would have heavy tanks and infantry supported by tactical bombers and my navy to push through the wall of troops

I would then use medium tanks and mechanised infantry to take the next shaky steps to clear and straggling resistance

Finally I use light tanks and motorised infs try to power the blow home and finish of the campaign.

Fire support would usually consist of artillery following closely behind, naval gunfire if terraina allows it,strategic and tactical bombers to soften them up preemptively and maybe a cheeky nuke or rocket.

Defensively I only had to do so twice but it was tough.

I now opt for antitank guns and maxed out Infantry.

I use interceptors for recon and some times lauch rockets where the recon said they were or bomb them with strategic bombers.
      British=best. Duh!

The post was edited 1 time, last by comrade dave ().

• Butter Ball Bill wrote:

I go for the good 'ol way of the biggest gun wins. In all of my games but one where I nearly lost but climbed back, I am usually around 5% ahead of the second most researched nation.

Early Game

I usually built some infantry, artillery and cruisers while I research medium tanks and tac bombers. As soon as I have those, I bulk build medium tanks and throw them around with tac bombers for support if they can keep up with the speed of invasions.

Mid Game

By this time I have heavily upgraded tac bombers, missiles, infantry, medium bombers and a rock solid navy of surface ships. I can build and build for days thanks to warmongering early game while everyone else was slowly building an army.

Late Game

I have nuclear bombers, heavily upgraded warships, heavily upgraded tac bombers and fighters, top level missiles and strong infantry with a lot of nuclear stuff researched for missiles and bombers. I am usually near done at this point.

You guys should give this a try, you steamroll your foes. Unless you're the US, it is very hard to reinforce troops. I had to bug out of Europe and build a huge navy to protect my shores.
      You didn't mention how you deal with an enemy navy but you didn't mention subs, normally I would have used destroyers to trick them into thinking they were easy prey and then guided them into a nest of maxed out subs, then I read the WH
      British=best. Duh!

The post was edited 1 time, last by comrade dave ().

• Why Subs and Destroyers? Cruisers are way powerful than Subs and Destroyers. I've stopped build Subs cause Cruisers are my main defense for BBs. No person would ever send destroyers to kill a BB period cause they out damage and range all ships. Subs yes but Cruisers maxed have 15 damage to Ships and 3 damage Against Stealth Ships. Meanwhile Subs maxed have 7 damage against Ships and 2 damage against stealth ships.... A Cruiser is way more beneficial overall than Subs and Destroyers at defending and Attacking.