Gold Use Suggestion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gold Use Suggestion

Situation; I realize that this game will not exist without Gold use. However I like to play using skill and have found that up aganst serious Gold Users, skill can only take you so far. For example 30 minutes after Tactical Bombers appear in the Tech Tree; 20 enemy tac bombers are inbound.

Suggestion; Pay to Play. An up front cost of Gold for all players to enter the map like is done in the 1939 Historic World War Maps. Then remove the Gold Use ability during the game.

I do not know the amount that would have to be charged for BYTRO to maintain its profit margin nor how many others would be interested in the concept. So just putting it out there. I just feel that I am sitting down for a good game of Chess wherein my opponent has just set up a King and 15 Queens on his side of the board.

Another benefit might be that players will not quit the game on Day 4 because they just invested a lot of Gold in the first place.
    • Whenever this suggestion comes around again, I really can't do anything but give it a thorough thumbs up. Alas, it is off the table at the development company.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I completely agree with you, its a great suggestion. However, its very unlikely that we will see this feature in the future.
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • I’d much prefer to pay to play on a level playing field. It’s getting harder and harder to play this as a strategy game anymore.

For all the gold checked maps, consider all time and effort that goes into gold checks and appropriate sanctions for both accidental and intentional use. The admins running those maps are volunteers. If Bytro doesn’t value their volunteers time enough to make maps where gold use isn’t an option, nothing will change this.