Gold use is ruining this great game!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• All the apps and games we download from playstores ask/need real money, surely by now if a person understands and accepts it,it would make it easier to live with.
      These games have been designed to give entertainment,create jobs and placing food on the table... Surely the people who created this and that's maintaining it must provide for their families.
      We and I myself as a free player thinks that all of this is evolving around us individually,it doesn't...
      If Bytro stops the gold how will they be able make an income to be able to give us the game and maintaining it?If they don't have the gold that people spends real money on it there won't be a COW game.The fact that we free players can be able to play the game and make demands on the forum,is due to people spending real money on gold...not us free grazers :)
      Yes it's annoying playing against people with no skill that's only depending on using gold to be good but what else can we do?No one is holding a gun against our heads and forcing us to play this game or against gold users.The best and only way to deal with a gold user is to ignore them.
      Bytro will surely not collapse if us free grazers boycott and stop playing, they'll laugh at us, it's not us free grazers keeping the Bytro campaign afloat... it's gold buyers...
      Sorry that I'm going to be that guy but that's the story...if this gaming app is not going to fulfill our needs we are more than happy to seek another birth...
    • Nostroma wrote:

Suna232 wrote:

Gold use has been a topic of dispute for a long time. Gold is ,least to say, overpriced and is generating revenue for the game to be functioning soo pleas don't blame your lack of skills to gold.
      Don't blame your lack of skills to gold????
      Would you like to rephrase that?
      not necessarily pointing fingers to you but i don't think that my statement was unclear to require elaboration.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • Suna232 wrote:

Gold use has been a topic of dispute for a long time. Gold is ,least to say, overpriced and is generating revenue for the game to be functioning soo pleas don't blame your lack of skills to gold.
      Overpriced? When there are no other whales around, you can buy a victory (and disrupt yet another round) with like 10 Euro.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Suna232 wrote:

Overpriced? When there are no other whales around, you can buy a victory (and disrupt yet another round) with like 10 Euro.
      You want ti say that 17k gold can determine outcome of the game,that is comical.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Suna232 wrote:

More concerning fact for me is that in my bag I have 125hp to boost my units with,28 hours worth of production speed ups,80k cash and tone of different resources.
      Resources that if I have to use in a single game at once would make ginormous difference that I did not deserve nor payed for.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • Suna232 wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Suna232 wrote:

You want ti say that 17k gold can determine outcome of the game,that is comical.
      17k is the normal price; no one pays that because there'all these great offers and % discounts and bonuses from operations all the time. It is probably closer to 30k, that's 60k of extra resources. When you drop those on day one, yeah, you can probably take out two extra neighbors on day 1, and if you don't know how to win from there, it is probably YOU who lack the skills.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Suna232 wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Suna232 wrote:

17k is the normal price; no one pays that because there'all these great offers and % discounts and bonuses from operations all the time. It is probably closer to 30k, that's 60k of extra resources. When you drop those on day one, yeah, you can probably take out two extra neighbors on day 1, and if you don't know how to win from there, it is probably YOU who lack the
      definition of crybaby
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • thomas8474 wrote:

found the gold user ^^^^
      I do watch ads.If that counts then yes,you founded a gold user.
      If you ever heard of other free to play games and their issues with premium in game currencies you wouldn't complain .
      Especially considering you cannot do anything about it.
      Same thing from almost same people I've been reading on forum for past 3 years,what other attribute to give to those then "crybaby"
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • Suna232 wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Suna232 wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

Suna232 wrote:

17k is the normal price; no one pays that because there'all these great offers and % discounts and bonuses from operations all the time. It is probably closer to 30k, that's 60k of extra resources. When you drop those on day one, yeah, you can probably take out two extra neighbors on day 1, and if you don't know how to win from there, it is probably YOU who lack the
      definition of crybaby
      I'm not crying at all. You just made a statement that gold was overpriced, and when I tell you that is is actually rather cheap and you can win a game for $10, what exactly am I crying about?
      - BIG DADDY.
    • New

OK folks, a couple of important points:

1 - You're right the game would probably be a lot more fun to a lot of people, if people didn't spend the gold.

The problem with this, If BYTRO didn't charge anything, the company would be out of business, and those of you not complaining will lose out on a FTP game, for those of you who seem to be too cheap out there.

BTW, denouncing gold usage is a bannable offence.

Go read the Terms of Service that you all AGREED to when you signed on to play this game.

2 - It's not going to change, until or unless, you folks present a better option for a game? What that might be, is up to you folks, but if your option is stop the people from spending $$$ on the game, then that's simply not going to work.

You would all be far better served to work out possible ways to allow BYTRO to make their money, with the limitations you wish to enforce on some of the players, that you think will make it a better game.

Some suggestions:

A - Ask BYTRO to make a game map available, with players needing to pay a $35 or equivalent buy in, that would allow no gold purchases on the game?

B - Ask BYTRO to create a club for those want to play only gold free games, but folks would have to pay $50 a month to get into the club.

These are just a couple of suggestions. Come up with some of your own. Complaining that BYTRO is money hungry is not going to get you anywhere.

BTW, one last thing, we Moderators don't want to necessarily shut down talk about gold spending, except that it's part of our job. Do you guys have jobs where you get to do whatever you want? Didn't think so.

-Marzohnne :tumbleweed:
    • New

The alternative has been suggested many times: making people pay to get into games. The costs for that you mentioned are somehow coming from some misty alchemy kettle, it really wouldn't have to cost those amounts to make it viable for Bytro. It is just, they don't want to take any chance at all, and scare any of their whales away... which is basically a very primitive way of thinking. You can't rely on whales who just want to have the feeling of out-buying others, they will be gone whenever their whim changes. Dedicated players who want nothing but a level playing field for everyone are FAR more valuable in the long run.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • New

K.Rokossovski wrote:

The alternative has been suggested many times: making people pay to get into games. The costs for that you mentioned are somehow coming from some misty alchemy kettle, it really wouldn't have to cost those amounts to make it viable for Bytro. It is just, they don't want to take any chance at all, and scare any of their whales away... which is basically a very primitive way of thinking. You can't rely on whales who just want to have the feeling of out-buying others, they will be gone whenever their whim changes. Dedicated players who want nothing but a level playing field for everyone are FAR more valuable in the long run.
      you are clearly delusional and there's no point in reasoning with you.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна
    • New

K.Rokossovski wrote:

In my experience, RRG/AA stacks aren't the meta for vanilla WaW maps at all. I play them quite often, and win most of them (if I don't quit them because there are massive golders around), and I hardly ever build any of those stacks. When I meet enemies who do, I leave them standing around and evade them, taking all their land except the provinces where those one or two big stacks are. Usually that is enough to make them quit, and when the AI takes over they break it up and send out the units piecemeal which are destroyed easily.
      What stacks do you tend to build (apart from air)? Armoured cars to rush around and huge airforces are good, but sometime you might need some heavy slugging power on land surely?
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • New

Rocket Artillery is also a favorite unit of mine, sometimes with a bit of artillery. They follow the rush screen to take out defenders who have too much AA to be viable targets for bombers.
      - BIG DADDY.