Gold use is ruining this great game!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New

Marzohnne wrote:

OK folks, a couple of important points:

1 - You're right the game would probably be a lot more fun to a lot of people, if people didn't spend the gold.

The problem with this, If BYTRO didn't charge anything, the company would be out of business, and those of you not complaining will lose out on a FTP game, for those of you who seem to be too cheap out there.

BTW, denouncing gold usage is a bannable offence.

Go read the Terms of Service that you all AGREED to when you signed on to play this game.

2 - It's not going to change, until or unless, you folks present a better option for a game? What that might be, is up to you folks, but if your option is stop the people from spending $$$ on the game, then that's simply not going to work.

You would all be far better served to work out possible ways to allow BYTRO to make their money, with the limitations you wish to enforce on some of the players, that you think will make it a better game.

Some suggestions:

A - Ask BYTRO to make a game map available, with players needing to pay a $35 or equivalent buy in, that would allow no gold purchases on the game?

B - Ask BYTRO to create a club for those want to play only gold free games, but folks would have to pay $50 a month to get into the club.

These are just a couple of suggestions. Come up with some of your own. Complaining that BYTRO is money hungry is not going to get you anywhere.

BTW, one last thing, we Moderators don't want to necessarily shut down talk about gold spending, except that it's part of our job. Do you guys have jobs where you get to do whatever you want? Didn't think so.

-Marzohnne :tumbleweed:
      How is denouncing gold usage a bannable offence? What is this, 1984?
      "Imma play CoW to calm down" - Literally nobody ever

Talvisota of the Abrahamic Caliphate

The post was edited 1 time, last by Talvisota ().

• New

I tried reading the TOS and frankly tax law is easier to understand.

The basic problem is that many want to play the basic game for free. In most cases it's not because they are cheap but because they cannot afford these extras. Is no one seeing what's happened to the economy?

What is being asked for is a fair separation of the free and paying players. It's not impossible.
      Forcing free players to try and compete against the paying players is very difficult if not impossible for the freebirds to succeed. A way of trying to get some of the freebirds to finally open their wallets.

Many times when I was still playing, and found myself up against the "I have it and you don'ts", I was sorely tempted to buy stuff. A few times I did and instantly regretted spending what I couldn't afford to lose.
    • New

From a player's perspective it is totally understandable why you want this. From a business perspective: If free users and pay users get seperated, then revenue will for sure drop. Pay users only spend when there are free users around. It is the whole "fish in the pond" concept and how those terms like "whales" came to be (industry standard terms).

Btw you can discuss gold, the point was just that denouncing players who use gold is forbidden. Basically, no shaming! If you adhere to that and keep it civil, you are free to discuss the topic in the forums in my books, as it was done many times in the past (usually until someone went on a gold rant and ruined it).
    • New

The fundamental issue is one that almost all modern FTPs and the modern internet share: any individual on Earth with a mobile phone or PC can use it for free.
      Im sure I have that 90s vs 2010s internet demographics chart here somehow.
      My first Grand Strategy was Europa Universalis in 2001. I never played a FTP unless you count Darkest Hour.
      The players were a night and day difference from CoWs playerbase. Its an elephant in the room thing that needs no explanation, and a proper one wouldnt be allowed anyways.

"bruh i aint readin allat ayo i think did dude reads books :skulls: yapyapyap bro thinks hes the main character"

Thats about 3/4 of the individuals who use some English words when they attempt to communicate. All games and internet interactions will be like this and worse going forward, the trend is decades old and wont be getting any better. Imagine the son of the guy who writes what I quoted above ☠️☠️☠️
      This user has been removed by the message