Players can get medium tanks before the research is available

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Players can get medium tanks before the research is available

gameID=8529361
      We are on Day-3

On Day-3, the news reports showed players of strategy "allies" as conquering territory with "Medium Tank Division" despite the fact that this research is not supposed to be available until Day-4

Is this a bug... a cheat?

6TH INFANTRY REGIMENT (ARKANSAS) REPORTS CASUALTIES
      ARKANSAS - Official government communiqué, 12:43
      9:18 am The 23rd Medium Tank Brigade (ARKANSAS) lost: 1 Infantry
      9:48 am The 23rd Medium Tank Brigade (ARKANSAS) lost: 1 Infantry
      11:48 am The 23rd Medium Tank Brigade (ARKANSAS) lost: 1 Medium Tank
      1:07 pm The 18th Fighter Squadron (ARKANSAS) lost: 1 Interceptor
      1:37 pm The 19th Infantry Regiment (ARKANSAS) lost: 1 Infantry
      1:38 pm The 14th Infantry Regiment (ARKANSAS) lost: 1 Infantry
      2:45 pm The 4th Anti Air Regiment (ARKANSAS) lost: 2 Infantry
      2:58 pm The 4th Anti Air Regiment (ARKANSAS) lost: 1 Armored Car
      4:02 pm The 1st Medium Tank Brigade (ARKANSAS) lost: 3 Infantry
      4:31 pm The 1st Medium Tank Brigade (ARKANSAS) lost: 1 Armored Car
      5:17 pm The 1st Medium Tank Brigade (ARKANSAS) lost: 1 Medium Tank
      6:16 pm The 13th Infantry Regiment (ARKANSAS) lost: 1 Infantry
      6:38 pm The 13th Infantry Regiment (ARKANSAS) lost: 1 Infantry
      6:43 pm The 16th Infantry Regiment (ARKANSAS) lost: 1 Infantry

4TH ARMORED CAR BRIGADE (UTAH) REPORTS CASUALTIES
      UTAH - Official government communiqué, 11:19
      11:59 pm The 11th Infantry Regiment (UTAH) lost: 1 Light Tank
      6:51 am The 21st Medium Tank Brigade (UTAH) lost: 1 Infantry
      7:51 am The 21st Medium Tank Brigade (UTAH) lost: 1 Medium Tank
      8:50 am The 15th Infantry Regiment (UTAH) lost: 1 Infantry
      4:49 pm The 4th Armored Car Brigade (UTAH) lost: 1 Armored Car
      5:19 pm The 4th Armored Car Brigade (UTAH) lost: 1 Light Tank

LACON HAS FALLEN.
      MINNESOTA - Official government communiqué, 09:45

11:22 pm Joliet: The 17th Fighter Squadron (ILLINOIS) (X 17) has been destroyed.
      11:52 pm Joliet: The 6th Infantry Regiment (ILLINOIS) (X 6) has been destroyed.
      11:52 pm The 19th Medium Tank Division (MINNESOTA) has captured Joliet.
      4:09 am Kankakee: The 19th Infantry Regiment (ILLINOIS) (X 19) has been destroyed.
      4:09 am The 13th Armored Car Brigade (MINNESOTA) has captured Kankakee.
      4:28 am Rochelle (IL): The 9th Infantry Regiment (ILLINOIS) (X 9) has been destroyed by the 6th Tactical Bomber Wing (MINNESOTA).
      5:56 am Rockford (IL): The 4th Armored Car Brigade (ILLINOIS) (X 4) has been destroyed.
      5:56 am The 19th Medium Tank Division (MINNESOTA) has captured Rockford (IL).
      6:53 am The 19th Medium Tank Division (MINNESOTA) has captured Rochelle (IL).
      8:35 am The 11th Infantry Division (MINNESOTA) has captured Moline.
      1:30 pm Oglesby: The 7th Infantry Regiment (ILLINOIS) (X 7) has been destroyed.
      1:30 pm The 19th Medium Tank Division (MINNESOTA) has captured Oglesby.
      2:31 pm The 13th Armored Car Brigade (MINNESOTA) has captured Onarga.
      2:49 pm Lacon: The 12th Infantry Regiment (ILLINOIS) (X 12) has been destroyed by the 6th Tactical Bomber Wing (MINNESOTA).
      3:45 pm The 11th Infantry Division (MINNESOTA) has captured Lacon.

Casualties since the beginning of this war:
      MINNESOTA - 3,279
      ILLINOIS - 18,410
    • 2 Things:

1. Doctrines:
      Allies get tech at day 4
      Pan Asia get tech at day 3
      Axis and Comintern get tech at day 2.
      You can check information for various units here: wiki.callofwar.com/wiki/DOCTRINES

Yes, I realize you are talking about allies here, but the fact that other doctrines can get it, can allow allies to get it. Simply done by capturing a city from another nation of a different doctrine, and that city was producing a medium tank. That tank can now finish under the new nation, despite not having the research.

2. First game tutorial stuff:
      Long story short: First time players get 1 medium tank at game start, and the option of another medium tank or a mech infantry unit.
      This is possible due to how this game is Homefront, aka tutorial map.
      Considering how the most mediums lost here is 2, I suspect this is how they got them.
      Say hi on the discord <3.
    • It is because it is only maintained by Bytro (which actually doesn't make it a wiki at all). I'm pretty sure that if it was maintained by the community, it would be 900% better.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

It is because it is only maintained by Bytro (which actually doesn't make it a wiki at all). I'm pretty sure that if it was maintained by the community, it would be 900% better.
      Yeah, but you can never trust the community with anything, right?

OBTW - There’s a Call of War Fandom (basically Wikipedia for games) which is entirely community-sponsored and not affiliated with Bytro. I think if about 10 forum folks could help develop it, it would be VERY informative.
    • Meowy Mittens wrote:

Wiki for this game sucks lol. Just save the doctrine page and ignore everything else.
      Now I am sad cos I was writing it :/ :D

K.Rokossovski wrote:

It is because it is only maintained by Bytro (which actually doesn't make it a wiki at all). I'm pretty sure that if it was maintained by the community, it would be 900% better.
      Not maintained at all is the issue here, especially the outdated screenshots. I personally don't have time anymore for that but another solution hasn't been found yet. I think it would indeed be smart to involve volunteers, if they adhere to certain styleguides and regulations. It would be a job for the CMs to recruit and manage this.

Btw the Wiki still has some other very informative pages besides the DOCTRINES, for example the explanation of the combat system calculations:
      wiki.callofwar.com/wiki/COMBAT

Or the info which morale factors exist:
      wiki.callofwar.com/wiki/MORALE_%26_UPRISINGS

Or by what actions popularity is affected:
      wiki.callofwar.com/wiki/POPULARITY_AND_AI