Release Notes - 2024-04-09

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Release Notes - 2024-04-09

Big shop re-design, changes to the stealth balance of Militia, Paratroopers and Commandos, and a new gameplay role for the Tank Destroyer. Details inside!

Attention, General!

Great news for our Mobile Generals! Call of War's Mobile Shop has been overhauled to provide a more convenient and user-friendly experience.
      As always, for the best deals head to our Web Shop for unique offers, exclusive deals and daily gifts!

We are bringing more variety to stealth gameplay. Today’s update includes a nerf to Militia, impacting their ability to operate deep behind enemy lines. At the same time, we buffed the Stealth levels of Commandos and Paratroopers, making them more resistant to the Level 3 Scout units already available when they are unlocked.
      Further we changed Tank Destroyers. We gave them stealth and a strength bonus on Plains. This lets them meet tanks head on where they are strongest, making for exciting showdowns on the battlefield!
      Please head to the detailed Release Notes for the complete list of changes. And as always, these changes only apply to newly created game rounds.

When setting up a delayed march on speed maps, inputs are now using real-time values rather than in-game time. This makes setting up a delayed march much more convenient.

For a closer look at all the changes please check out the detailed Release Notes and share your feedback with us right here on the Forums and on our Discord Server.

Best of luck General!
      Your Bytro Team

Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • 6thDragon wrote:

Yes, the stealth imbalance between militia and commandos has been my primary reason for never building commandos. Now they might be worth trying.
      Not to mention the huge nerf to militias regardless! Even if commandos aren't worth it, neither are militia.

And don't forget the TD stealth buff in plains...mot inf might finally be able to rival ACs...
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • I like the rebalancing overall - its a step in the right direction. The stealth nerf on the TD's is too harsh in my opinion tho. 25% more power on plains is not enough. Why don't you grant them a 50% powerup (like all the other tanks) to be a good counter on this terrain?

Lets see how the commando/paratrooper buff works out. I somehow have a feeling that this isn't enough.

PS: There might be a mistake in the patch notes regarding tank destroyers.
      Files
      • td update.jpg

(16.47 kB, downloaded 77 times, last: )

The post was edited 1 time, last by OutOfIdeasX ().

• I understand that list is for AT, and TD stealth is unaffected...?
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • I think I speak for most people that the commando buff we've been asking for is a good move.

Geden wrote:

Today’s update includes a nerf to Militia, impacting their ability to operate deep behind enemy lines.

When setting up a delayed march on speed maps, inputs are now using real-time values rather than in-game time.
      Well there go my beloved guerilla wars. Nationalist China is even more f*cked in HWW than before now. Actually it might not even be because compared to the lvl.3 Japanese fighters it barely affected their stealth.

Although what exactly does the stealth nerf on militia entail? It's just stealth right, no changes to stealth on any territory? Or is something else affected.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks

The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Crayfish ().

• Glad you guys like it.

K.Rokossovski wrote:

I understand that list is for AT, and TD stealth is unaffected...?
      It's for Tank Destroyers, cos its just harder to hide a big bulky tank :D ATs were not touched in this update.

Lord Crayfish wrote:

Although what exactly does the stealth nerf on militia entail? It's just stealth right, no changes to stealth on any territory? Or is something else affected.
      Stealth on Mountain terrain was removed, and stealth levels for Militia lvl2-4 got reduced.
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

I think I agree with most people that the commando buff we've been asking for is a good move.

Geden wrote:

Today’s update includes a nerf to Militia, impacting their ability to operate deep behind enemy lines.

When setting up a delayed march on speed maps, inputs are now using real-time values rather than in-game time.
      Well there go my beloved guerilla wars. Nationalist China is even more f*cked in HWW than before now. Actually it might not even be because compared to the lvl.3 Japanese fighters it barely affected their stealth.
      to be fair the ground where japan and china fought there are not mountains but yeah lose stealth gonna hurt, hopefully devs add more militias & infantry around to compensate
      "Si crees que esto tendrá un final feliz, es que no has estado prestando atención"
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

Good point. They've decisively handed the advantage to Japan over China. Guerilla wars in general are somewhat ruined. I like the commando and para buff, but the nerf to militias was probably too far (level 2 stealth for maxed-out militia is wild). And even with the lvl 3 fighters, Japan only had a slight edge over China in that war, not the crazy advantage they have now.

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

o7
    • FYI: We realized there is an issue with the supposed terrain change of the Tank Destroyer. It was supposed to get a 25% strength buff in plains, and have their 25% strength buff in Urbans removed, but sadly this change did not make it to the game yet. So it will be included in a later update then.
    • freezy wrote:

FYI: We realized there is an issue with the supposed terrain change of the Tank Destroyer. It was supposed to get a 25% strength buff in plains, and have their 25% strength buff in Urbans removed, but sadly this change did not make it to the game yet. So it will be included in a later update then.
      Yeah I saw that and was pretty confused. Just buff my beloved tank destroyers to 50% buff in plains - no one will notice, and I won't tell anyone :whistling:
    • freezy wrote:

FYI: We realized there is an issue with the supposed terrain change of the Tank Destroyer. It was supposed to get a 25% strength buff in plains, and have their 25% strength buff in Urbans removed, but sadly this change did not make it to the game yet. So it will be included in a later update then.
      How much later ;(

o7
    • I agree that militia was OP and needed to be nerfed... but BOTH removing overall stealth AND mountain stealth seems a bit much?? They always did a great job in the Himalaya's in WaW... do we REALLY need them debuffed twice in the same update??

Commando: Good job, way overdue
      Airborne: did you know that I didn't even realize that airborne troops HAD any stealth lol? Seems a bit over-the-top cause they fall from the sky carrying big parachute signs saying "here I am"... I think airborne troops would be served better by reducing the cooldown.

TD: a matter of choice, of course. It seems a bit of a buff, and surely in competitive games, they were sufficiently effective (and popular) already. I hope it won't kill any tank efforts in those, pretty soon. On the vanilla maps, no idea yet. It sounds like a great will to kill your standard noob tank rusher.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.

The post was edited 1 time, last by K.Rokossovski ().