Stats Improvements - New System Implemented

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Stats Improvements - New System Implemented

Attention Generals!

Exciting news from our busy engineers! We've completed the migration to a new system for handling statistics in real-time. This means much improved reliability and up-to-date info on your player profile, rank, rewards as well as the potential for challenging new tasks in the Operations system!

As the stats system was taken offline for a short duration during the upgrade, some statistics may not have been recorded. This means that, although we worked hard to keep this period brief, some minor deviations may be noticed.

We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.

Get ready for a sharper, more responsive battlefield!
      Your Bytro Team

Discord: Call of War
      Facebook: Call of War
      Twitter: Call of War
    • OH FINALLY THEY'VE FIXED THE BLOODY STATS
      Hip hip! Hooray! Hip hip! Hooray! Hip hip! Hooray!
      :00000441: :00000443: :00002047: :00008698: :00008643: :00002462: :00002485: :00000461: :00008359: :00008356: :00008185: :00008235: :00008172: :00002517:

Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

For the amount of time this update took, its quite underwhelming ngl.
      I don't write software so I have no idea how hard it is to do this change tbh. Especially as they don't shut the whole game down for a few weeks in 1.5, which means keeping it running the whole time. From what I've heard they're chronically understaffed.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

For the amount of time this update took, its quite underwhelming ngl.
      I mean, it's just stats, and stats are inherently boring :P There was also no way to avoid a small data deviation sadly due to the temporary recording gap.

The good part is that finally there are no more level resets and the realtime recording became more robust. And that this long dragged out task is finally complete.
    • freezy wrote:

I mean, it's just stats, and stats are inherently boring :P There was also no way to avoid a small data deviation sadly due to the temporary recording gap.
      The good part is that finally there are no more level resets and the realtime recording became more robust. And that this long dragged out task is finally complete.
      I'm glad it's finally been implemented. I'm sure you're aware how frustrating it was.
      By the way WDYM by "realtime recording"?

freezy wrote:

There was also no way to avoid a small data deviation sadly due to the temporary recording gap.
      Does this mean achievement progress accumulated during the last few weeks won't be logged? It's not the end of the world but I have a few heavy tank kills.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

freezy wrote:

I'm glad it's finally been implemented. I'm sure you're aware how frustrating it was.By the way WDYM by "realtime recording"?

freezy wrote:

There was also no way to avoid a small data deviation sadly due to the temporary recording gap.
      Does this mean achievement progress accumulated during the last few weeks won't be logged? It's not the end of the world but I have a few heavy tank kills.
      Real time recording = stats are updated more or less instantly. You won't notice a massive difference compared to the old system, but it's quite a bit faster.

It shouldn't have lost weeks of data, but there was a window of a few hours to half a day (varies between users) where data was "lost"(more accurately: it was recorded but not migrated to the new system).
      If there is a bigger discrepancy that occured over a longer timeframe please submit a ticket with support to see if they can help.
    • OneNutSquirrel wrote:

On the 'PVP Statistics" page (PC view), the units 'Score' displays with to the 11 decimal. That doesn't need to be that specific.... and would display better without running into other stats.

Thanks for the Fix gents.
      WOAH WOAH WOAH ONENUTSQUIRREL? You just came back out of nowhere!

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Finally fixed! @freezy - Thanks a lot for your communication regarding the whole matter. It's much appreciated.

@Geden - So apparently there's a new "bug" that stops achievement progress from updating. Is this already on your radar and if so, do you guys have a fix in the pipe coming soon? Will the progress that's achieved during this time be kept or lost?

Bessy Smith wrote:

"Wenn Sie mein Mann wären, würde ich Gift in Ihren Kaffee tun."

Winston Churchill wrote:

"Wenn Sie meine Frau wären, würde ich den Kaffee trinken."
      :thumbsup:
    • Talvisota wrote:

So have there been any actual changes to the system?
      The architecture itself has changed yes.

Also one change is that the system now can handle ranking points per Doctrine and unit level. Previously a unit gave the same points across all Doctrines and levels, even tho this was not intended (in the balancing we had given them varying points). The new system now correctly attributes the points depending on Doctrine and level of the unit, with weaker Doctrine units giving less points than stronger Doctrine units, and lower levels giving less points than higher levels.

This might also be another reason for the slight stats discrepancies btw, since the scores in the old system were calculated without this being possible, and were now recalculated with this issue being fixed.
    • xOrleans wrote:

@Geden - So apparently there's a new "bug" that stops achievement progress from updating. Is this already on your radar and if so, do you guys have a fix in the pipe coming soon? Will the progress that's achieved during this time be kept or lost?
      Can you give me some more details? Especially if you have some affected usernames it'd be a big help to diagnose the issue. You can send them to me via DM so as to not spam those players here.