How on earth do people choose a country so fast?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How on earth do people choose a country so fast?

I think it's a bit suspicious how people can join a game so fast, I was joining a game that had 0 players (A speed map) and was about to play as Japan for the first time, then as I pressed the play button, it was taken. When I checked on how many people were on it, their were 11 people on. Like, bro, how is this possible?! The round was just barely made!
      "Nuts!"
      Brig. Gen. Anthony McAuliffe
    • NEPTUNE the great wrote:

I think it's a bit suspicious how people can join a game so fast, I was joining a game that had 0 players (A speed map) and was about to play as Japan for the first time, then as I pressed the play button, it was taken. When I checked on how many people were on it, their were 11 people on. Like, bro, how is this possible?! The round was just barely made!
      Sometimes it doesn't update that fast, and other times people just join the second it opens.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

NEPTUNE the great wrote:

Sometimes it doesn't update that fast, and other times people just join the second it opens.
      Alright, thanks!
      "Nuts!"
      Brig. Gen. Anthony McAuliffe
    • For HWW maps especially, new games opening are being watched like sheep by a pack of hungry wolves, pressing refresh-refresh-refresh for hours I think. I have been playing CoW for eight years now, and I never managed to play Germany in a HWW... always gone within seconds. Usually taken by a player who goes on a rampage through Europe for 1-2 days and then goes inactive)))
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

For HWW maps especially, new games opening are being watched like sheep by a pack of hungry wolves, pressing refresh-refresh-refresh for hours I think. I have been playing CoW for eight years now, and I never managed to play Germany in a HWW... always gone within seconds. Usually taken by a player who goes on a rampage through Europe for 1-2 days and then goes inactive)))
      Alas, in the past I have gotten Germany, but ever since 2.0, with the new influx of players, I have yet to be able to play it...
      Have an amazing rest of your day ^^

"Everything is impermanent. The only thing that is permanent it impermanence itself."

Need support? ---> Send a ticket here!

dxter's CoW Battle Calculator ---> Use it here!

:tumbleweed:

o7
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

Usually taken by a player who goes on a rampage through Europe for 1-2 days and then goes inactive
      Regrettably. Best or second-best map, second-worst players.

NEPTUNE the great wrote:

I've been waiting for a chance to Play as Japan in 1939 World At War for a long time
      I was lucky enough to get it twice by logging in at just the right time. But sometimes it helps to lobby camp for yourself, isn't it? ;)

Rooklet wrote:

Somtimes spend all day watching for new game to get country would like start fresh map also get a good start time before any sleep etc. just got to be fast when its at 99/100 start refreshing
      Only thing is in World at War it don't matter so much. In fact I'd try to avoid popular countries to avoid attention.

Taffyta Muttonfudge wrote:

I feel like this is a problem that needs to be addressed. I think there should be a 10-15 min cooldown period between joining games, maybe a longer cooldown for each type of round, for example you would have to wait 2-3 hours before joining another hww.
      It's already a thing, I don't think you can join more than five within an hour. Perhaps it needs to be reinforced but the idea is in place.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • NEPTUNE the great wrote:

Claudio NVKP wrote:

Am I lucky though.... Every time I want Germany I've gotten it, other countries not so the case.
      I've been waiting for a chance to Play as Japan in 1939 World At War for a long time
      Only time I ever played HWW, I joined as Japan. I knew to wait and look for a new map to drop, but usually do that when joining with alliance mates anyway.

In my experience, as I fully expected, all the major powers were taken rather quickly.
    • 6thDragon wrote:

Only time I ever played HWW, I joined as Japan. I knew to wait and look for a new map to drop, but usually do that when joining with alliance mates anyway.
      In my experience, as I fully expected, all the major powers were taken rather quickly.
      It's hard enough (and game breaking enough, on par with heavy gold use) to coordinate joining a WaW together as an alliance. I can't imagine the organisational charlie foxtrot of getting everybody to join the right HWW and pick the right countries before they're taken.
      Aeroplanes are interesting toys but of no military value.
      — Marshal Foch

A pretty mechanical toy [...] the war will never be won by such machines.
      — Lord Kitchener, on tanks
    • Lord Crayfish wrote:

6thDragon wrote:

It's hard enough (and game breaking enough, on par with heavy gold use) to coordinate joining a WaW together as an alliance. I can't imagine the organisational charlie foxtrot of getting everybody to join the right HWW and pick the right countries before they're taken.
      My alliance does that all my time with the WaW map. Just wait until you have five that want to start. Most golders don’t stand a chance, but we take a pretty strict no first use approach with gold and cards. Never tried it with HWW, but I imagine it wouldn’t be too hard.