Recent Bytro Stealth Update

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Recent Bytro Stealth Update

What will you change from your playstyle? 16
        Stop using Tank Destroyers (1) 6%
        Start using Tank Destroyers (7) 44%
        Stop using Militia (6) 38%
        Start using Paratroopers (2) 13%
        Start using Commandos (11) 69%
      For those who do not know:
      Tank Destroyers:
      - 25% Urban Bonus -> 25% Plains Bonus
      - Now has Plains stealth.
      - Stealth Nerf:
      - Lvl 2 -> 1
      - Lvl 3 -> 2
      - Lvl 4 -> 2
      - Lvl 5 -> 3
      - Lvl 6 -> 3
      * Unit lvl -> stealth lvl
      Militia:
      - Lost mountain stealth.
      - Stealth nerfed:
      - Lvl 2 -> 1
      - Lvl 3 -> 2
      - Lvl 4 -> 2
      Paratroopers and Commandos:
      - Lvl 1 -> 3
      - Lvl 2 -> 4
      - Lvl 3 -> 5
      - Lvl 4 -> 6

Source: bytro.helpshift.com/hc/en/4-ca…lease-notes---2024-04-09/

For those oblivious how stealth used to be, stealth level was equivalent to the unit level.

Question of the day: How many of you will change how you play because of this?
      Say hi on the discord <3.
    • I'll definitely try commando's shortly.

As for militia, they were SO good that I won't throw them down the drain immediately, but I will sure keep an eye open on their performance over the next few games.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • NEPTUNE the great wrote:

Tank destroyers are actually useful for once!
      I'm just going to point out that the Tank Destroyer change is more of a nerf than a buff. In the patchnotes, bytro stated that they wanted Tank Destroyers to perform better in stealth ambushing, but they butchered their stealth ability. All revealing ground units, prefer plains, and will auto route plains thanks to speed buffs. Additionally, just like the old commando problem, their stealth is now completely useless in combat settings, as they're pretty much always revealed. No more can a research advantage allow you to pull of sneaky ambushes.

Before, TDs would like be in cities as that was an excellent fight for them when against tanks, but now they get the plains buff, and tanks get *more* of a plains buff. Compared to the 50% tank buff on plains, the TD 25% is not very useful. If you were to set up 10 TDs vs 10 HTs in a urban setting before the buff, the TDs win with the majority of their health gone. But currently in plains, it's a one-sided beatdown on the TDs, where HT win with half health remaining.

You could argue same-cost settings, which is understandable. In that setting, TDs win in both situations, but it was much, much better for that fight to happen in urban before, ultimately still leading it to be a nerf in my opinion.
      Say hi on the discord <3.

Tank destroyers are actually useful for once!
      I suppose that depends on doctrine preference. I don’t think this definitely makes TDs any better than they were before. Their stealth ability was never that great and adding plains shouldn’t change much. For the terrain bonuses, they lost their urban bonus in exchange for plains. Probably not worth starting to use them just for that.

The commandos stealth ability was always a joke before and militia was always OP. Paratroopers, like TDs, weren’t best used for their stealth so this shouldn’t change much there either.
    • I don't use tank destroyers or commandos anything like often enough to have an opinion on either of those changes, but I'm indignant about militia. The fact that they're easy af to defeat once you've found them, unless they're in a huge stack, is I think an acceptable price for something that's really easy to hide. Granted they're more overpowered than one would expect from something that I've always understood to be the cheapskate quantity-over-quality unit, but not enough to warrant this change.
      I'm going to need something else to make the backbone of my Comintern Massive Armies now.
      Her Ladyship Aragosta
      A.K.A. "The Backstab Person"

Pan-Asian is a better doctrine than Axis when played correctly and you cannot change my mind.

You just lost The Game.

Join the Madness here:
      CoW Forum Players! Unite!
    • I think the militia nerf is disappointing from a (veteran) player's view, but necessary to maintain the realism aspect that makes CoW what it is. In real life, militia could only operate close to their city/town and (usually) had practically zero defense against tanks and planes. They shouldn't be a dominant unit.
    • I'm sad that militias has been nerfed, anyways, like how the above statements have stated, I will still try militia once and then decide whether I should kick them or not.
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD

Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

I'm sad that militias has been nerfed, anyways, like how the above statements have stated, I will still try militia once and then decide whether I should kick them or not.
      Agreed, though I've never used Militia before, thought they were useless.
      There’s nothing like learning a unit is overpowered after it’s nerfed.

Militia was never an unstoppable front line unit, actually the opposite. It was best used along lightly defended fronts to cause chaos. And was cheap, not the best if you care about your KD, but good for your win rate.