Aircraft have same combat stats on ground as in air

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Aircraft have same combat stats on ground as in air

I have tried to destroy a stack of aircraft that have the same combat stats sitting on the ground. They have the same stats on ground as in air and they can't be destroyed. Is this a change? I used to ground enemy aircraft and then go in for the kill.
    • A few days ago in global chat there was a discussion regarding this.Also in the forum there's a thread where it was mentioned that interceptors can be on the ground(not airborne) and spot militia.
      I think the game mechanics register planes, grounded the same as when airborne.If it gives it some hitpoints while on the ground it's maybe ok but I ask myself, how can planes give the same damage while grounded as in the air?Planes fight in the air not on the ground.Yes in reality,planes can use the guns to fire while on the ground but given the fact that move space and maneuvering makes it difficult for planes to defend as if scrambling to get it in the air, also makes me...ok?...
      I haven't lost units in this way as it is mentioned above.The AI planes that I've attacked usually the moment the units hit the airfield they go airborne but dies off when airfield gets destroyed(happened in the past,most recently in my games planes are already airborne).However this is not the first time I've seen people complaining about this aspect of planes.
    • Planes that are not refueling or upgrading are considered to be ready for combat, so if, lets say, an Infantry regiment rolls up on the airfield, those planes could scramble up and fight them, most likely killing them, I think what should be done is if more than 1 round of combat takes place, they must refuel before being able to get their ground stats back again.
      "I have not failed, i have just found 10,000 ways that wont work." - Thomas Edison

Need Support? Send a Ticket here! - Support Form.
      Forum Rules - Forum Rules.
      Chat Rules - Chat Rules.
    • Planes sitting on the ground cannot fight, that's BS. They haven't moved for two days, level 5 fighters sitting on the ground beating rocket fighters, come on please!!! The game mechanics are all wrong, even artillery can spot militia!!!! They've killed this game, totally pointless playing it.
    • They look like they're on the ground, but actually they are covering their own air base from the air. As fox said, when there IS an air base and they're not refueling or upgrading, they count as fully functional air units.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Fox-Company wrote:

Planes that are not refueling or upgrading are considered to be ready for combat, so if, lets say, an Infantry regiment rolls up on the airfield, those planes could scramble up and fight them, most likely killing them, I think what should be done is if more than 1 round of combat takes place, they must refuel before being able to get their ground stats back again.

K.Rokossovski wrote:

They look like they're on the ground, but actually they are covering their own air base from the air. As fox said, when there IS an air base and they're not refueling or upgrading, they count as fully functional air units.
      If that's the way the cookie crumbles,it must be accepted as how the game feature works.
      Thank you for the replies.
    • SLimbad wrote:

Planes sitting on the ground cannot fight, that's BS. They haven't moved for two days, level 5 fighters sitting on the ground beating rocket fighters, come on please!!! The game mechanics are all wrong, even artillery can spot militia!!!! They've killed this game, totally pointless playing it.
      Nothing in regards to the airplane "issue" has been changed btw, the mechanic that they use their aircraft stats while sitting in an airport exists in the game since many years (since the beginning actually). Even if it is not ideal, it's just how the engine works atm and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

When a unit attacks the province in melee with only airplanes being present (no enemy ground troops) then the province gets conquered and the airplanes turn into transports, using their ground stats. That is the usual case players experience. However, if enemy ground troops prevent the conquering of the province, then the airplanes keep fighting as airplanes as long as the airport is not too damaged (and thus deal more damage and take less damage). This is the rarer case which might look inconsistent to players, but it is not. When airplanes in a province get bombarded by ranged attack or aircraft attack, they are also attacked as air armor class when the airport is intact.
    • SLimbad wrote:

Thanks for the replies, it's the way it is. When we first attacked the airfield, the aircraft were upgrading and we took heavy damage (two of us in the attack). That's why we attacked, they were grounded. It makes no sense to me if the aircraft aren't patrolling!
      All upgrading units are able to deal defensive damage, while that wouldn't make perfect sense for aircrafts ,thats how it is.

In other cases idling aircraft should be able to deal damage and defending damage is half of attacking. I think its well thought out.
      Фарис Синановић, Суна