Guide To Egypt (CoN 22 Players)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Guide To Egypt (CoN 22 Players)

Day 1:

As far as my knowledge goes, the Clash of Nations Map consists of 22 players, all of whom start with the exact same resources, techs and troops, making the game about skill and not what nation you get.

I was the first into the server; being incredibly lucky coming across this. I chose Egypt as I have played it before and I honestly think its the best start.

Start:
      I started off with 3 A-A, 18 Infantry, 3 Armoured Cars and 1 Interceptor.

First I researched Lvl 1 Inf and Lvl 1 Arm. Cars. I also built a ordance foundary in Alexandria, a tank plant in Cairo, in Luxor an aircraft factory and a Dockyard in Gaza. I left Amman free so I could build a barracks there at a later date. I also built a port on both sides of the suez canal, making transporting units across much easier.

Then while all of this was processing, I organised my armies into three main groups.
      1. Gaza: This group will be mainly used for offensives into Syria, Iraq and Saudi Arabia. Most reinforcements will go to this group in the early game.
      2. Libya: All infantry and other troops near the Libyan border will be stacked into a defensive arrangement to stop possible suprise attacks and also prepare for a near invasion.
      3. Cairo: Just incase both army groups fail, a small, reserve group will be held in Cairo.

After the intial research was done, I researched artillery and anti-tank. After the A-T had researched I began researching Anti-Air. At this point, the original buildings had finished building so I constructed Industries in all of my 5 cities to maximise the amount of resources I get from day 1. I also started building my first unit in Cairo, an armoured car.

After the A-A had finished researching, I researched submarines as imo they are the best naval unit apart from naval bombers.

Diplomacy:
      Tbh there wasn't much going on in the lobby, mainly Turkey begging people to join his coalition, eventually I accepted the invite, even though I wasn't originally going to join a coalition.

Earlier before this, to increase my popularity with the ai, I gave all AI that I wasn't planning on invading 'Sharemap'. However I didn't give anything to Greece or Tunisia, just incase players don't take them out and I embargoed Iraq, Syria and Saudi Arabia, preparing to invade them on Day 2, approximately 24 hours after the embargo.

I also had a look at people's service records, but nothing impressed me with most players either being lvl 10-20 or 30-50. However Morroco is lvl 120+ but his k/d is 0.89 and in my experience that is nothing to fear. (especially since I have a 5+ k/d)

Future Plans:
      I'm not exactly sure what build I should go for. I usually go for a heavy tank + naval supremacy build with a little bit of air but I'm thinking this round I should spice it up. Please give your suggestions for a build.

Possibly I will go for an armoured car, artillery, tact bomber build as I have star armoured cars, and I'm using a similar build in a game as the US on 1939 historical.

I have to wait a while for any other developments but I'll try to update this page as frequently as possible.
      Images
      • Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 2.30.52 pm.png

651.5 kB, 2,100×310, viewed 9 times
      "If you know yourself and you know your enemy, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles" or smt...
      - Sun Tzu
    • Day 1 Continued:

Small updates worth sharing. Have finished researching artillery and subs, starting to research tact. bombers.

Anti-tank in Alexandria and Armoured Car in Cairo have finished being produced. I'm producing another armoured car, an artillery and also a submarine.

Also Spain joined my coalition, though it sadly seems that he is inactive, not having moved any troops.

I also am running low on resources and want to save for lvl 2 industry so I'll have to wait a few hours before producing any other armies. Decided to cancel production of artillery, arm. car and sub because even saving for a few hours if I produce them will not allow me to build lvl 2 industry immediately.
      Images
      • Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 4.27.57 pm.png

221.43 kB, 2,544×82, viewed 7 times
      "If you know yourself and you know your enemy, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles" or smt...
      - Sun Tzu
    • The screenshot above was before I cancelled production, this is after; mb. Also traded a lil bit because I saw a good price
      Images
      • Screenshot 2024-04-28 at 4.46.04 pm.png

263.46 kB, 2,394×94, viewed 8 times
      - Sun Tzu
    • Day 1 Continued II:

Last update for today. Level 1 Industry finished a while ago whilst I was asleep and I have now started constructing level 2 industry. I think this is quite an impressive pace. However I didn't have enough oil to build all of them, causing me to have to trade some (900) at a moderately high price (10-12 per unit).

I scouted the Libyan border with my single inteceptor, finding nothing in Tobruk and only one armoured car and inf in the border province. Tobruk, unfortunately it is also my supply drop province. There was nothing in Tobruk which made me suspicious that he is active and had moved troops away from my border to invade a country (primarily Tunisia). I sent him a message asking to "be friends" but it was a test to see whether he was active.

I also built an artillery piece to invade Libya easier. Perhaps most importantly, I have sent the majority of my army inside of Saudi Arabia to ensure a quick invasion (NOTE: Do NOT send them to attack the middle section, sit them NEXT to the middle section). The AI is stupid and will not attack these troops.

I also sent some reinforcements to the Tobruk Offensive Group (TOG) consisting of; 2 armoured cars from Gaza, 1 A-T, 1 inf, both from Cairo/ Alexandria.

Not much happening on the world stage, except for Germany invading Austria, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Lithuania, Denmark and Luxembourg all at the same time and winning (for now). Also Communist Russia is pushing deep into the Baltics.
      Images
      • Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 7.52.17 am.png

516.23 kB, 1,036×668, viewed 6 times
      • Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 7.55.55 am.png

201.81 kB, 374×308, viewed 6 times
      • Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 8.02.51 am.png

328.47 kB, 516×366, viewed 6 times
      • Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 8.05.36 am.png

695.1 kB, 762×628, viewed 6 times
      - Sun Tzu
    • Day 2:

Unfortunately lvl 2 industry hasn't been completed and I don't have the resources for lvl 3 anyway. Started researching lvl 2 inf and lvl 1 battleship. I have a ten stack of troops on the Libyan border and the majority of my troops are in position to invade Saudi Arabia. I will attack Saudi Arabia soon, as well as Libya who I strongly suspect is inactive
      Images
      • Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 8.25.53 pm.png

81.24 kB, 208×198, viewed 15 times
      • Screenshot 2024-04-29 at 8.26.06 pm.png

523.36 kB, 548×572, viewed 5 times
      - Sun Tzu