D-Day: We Shall Never Forget

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

Saying that east europe went from 'bad' to worse after Soviets defeating Nazis is one of the most insane statements I've ever heard. This statement proves the power of propaganda.
      Ok let's go through the timeline of the Soviet Takeover of Eastern Europe.It will be the country,the year and methods used:

-Albania 1945-Communist government took power end of WW2.

-Bulgaria 1946-Bulgarian monarchy was abolished and later that year a communist government was elected and GRADUALLY ERADICATED opponents.

-East Germany 1945-East Germany was part of the Soviet Zone of occupation as agreed at the Yalta Conference and in 1945 the Soviets set up a communist regime.

-Romania 1945-In the 1945 elections a Communist led coalition (made up of more than one political party) government was elected.The Communists GRADUALLY REMOVED their coalition partners and abolished the Romanian monarchy.

-Poland 1947-Fearing that a non-communist government would be elected in 1947, Stalin invited 16 non-communist politicians to Moscow, where they were ARRESTED.With their political opponents removed, the Polish Communists won the elections.

-Hungary 1948-Although non-communists won the 1945 elections,a communist politician,Rakosi,took control of the secret police and used it to arrest and EXECUTE his political opponents.By 1948 the Communist party was in complete control of the country.

-Czechoslovakia 1948-Czechoslovakia was the last country in Eastern Europe to fully fall to communism in 1948.At the elections that year only communists were allowed to stand and a communist government was dully elected.

Saying that Eastern Europe did not go from bad to worse after the Soviets defeated the Nazis is one of the most insane statements I have ever heard... Nazis were the demons and the Soviets the devil...
      There's endless research material of war crimes, massacres,rape and atrocities committed by Communists/Soviets,under Lenin's rule and Stalin's rule(before and after WW2).
      If Eastern Europe was doing so good after WW2 why did communism eventually came to a downfall years later?
      Images
      • Screenshot_20240606-192420.jpg

76.52 kB, 480×727, viewed 19 times
      • Screenshot_20240606-192527.jpg

88.23 kB, 480×846, viewed 23 times
    • Vanrendo wrote:

Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

Saying that east europe went from 'bad' to worse after Soviets defeating Nazis is one of the most insane statements I've ever heard. This statement proves the power of propaganda.
      Ok let's go through the timeline of the Soviet Takeover of Eastern Europe.It will be the country,the year and methods used:
      -Albania 1945-Communist government took power end of WW2.

-Bulgaria 1946-Bulgarian monarchy was abolished and later that year a communist government was elected and GRADUALLY ERADICATED opponents.

-East Germany 1945-East Germany was part of the Soviet Zone of occupation as agreed at the Yalta Conference and in 1945 the Soviets set up a communist regime.

-Romania 1945-In the 1945 elections a Communist led coalition (made up of more than one political party) government was elected.The Communists GRADUALLY REMOVED their coalition partners and abolished the Romanian monarchy.

-Poland 1947-Fearing that a non-communist government would be elected in 1947, Stalin invited 16 non-communist politicians to Moscow, where they were ARRESTED.With their political opponents removed, the Polish Communists won the elections.

-Hungary 1948-Although non-communists won the 1945 elections,a communist politician,Rakosi,took control of the secret police and used it to arrest and EXECUTE his political opponents.By 1948 the Communist party was in complete control of the country.

-Czechoslovakia 1948-Czechoslovakia was the last country in Eastern Europe to fully fall to communism in 1948.At the elections that year only communists were allowed to stand and a communist government was dully elected.

Saying that Eastern Europe did not go from bad to worse after the Soviets defeated the Nazis is one of the most insane statements I have ever heard... Nazis were the demons and the Soviets the devil...
      There's endless research material of war crimes, massacres,rape and atrocities committed by Communists/Soviets,under Lenin's rule and Stalin's rule(before and after WW2).
      If Eastern Europe was doing so good after WW2 why did communism eventually came to a downfall years later?
      Sure, did Stalin's rule continued till 1990? He died in 1953 and so did Stalinism and the Soviet Union became soft on the Warsaw bloc. Eastern Europe was obviously not doing too good after ww2.

I will publish a similar list like yours mentioning the things which Nazis did(Though it will be more detailed).

However, answer this question, did the East European people fear the extermination of their race, culture and the literal end of their nation in Soviet rule? Did they felt like they would be forced to live in Ghettos and then die in extermination camps? Did they felt that they would be asked to dig their own grave and get shot, falling into it? Did they fear genocide every now and then? Were they supposed to wear a star of David all time?

The Soviet atrocities were mainly suffered by people in Politics and Military, but the Nazi atrocities were suffered by EVERYONE?
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • Vanrendo wrote:

That's like saying Augustus was a bad emperor because the Roman Empire eventually fell...

As for "badness" and "worseness", the Soviets never massacred entire villages because one of those villagers committed a "terrorist" crime. Sure Communist rule may have been very bad, but it can't compare to Nazi rule.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

I will publish a similar list like yours mentioning the things which Nazis did(Though it will be more detailed).

However, answer this question, did the East European people fear the extermination of their race, culture and the literal end of their nation in Soviet rule? Did they felt like they would be forced to live in Ghettos and then die in extermination camps? Did they felt that they would be asked to dig their own grave and get shot, falling into it? Did they fear genocide every now and then? Were they supposed to wear a star of David all time?

The Soviet atrocities were mainly suffered by people in Politics and Military, but the Nazi atrocities were suffered by EVERYONE?
      @Joe Bartolozzi keep your list of Nazi atrocities,I don't need you to remind me of that.Our debate evolves around the statement I made regarding Communism was just as bad as Nazism,if not worse.You did not like that.This is not about saying Nazism was better so your list will be irrelevant.
      All those questions you asked is exactly what people under Stalin/Communist rule had to endure.Maybe not in a fashion you would like to have but very similar, except people did not have to wear a star but civilians of the Soviet Communist empire that was not communist was treated like sub humans and gunned down like dogs on the crop fields(I will have to go and dig for those videos of what Communist rule did to civilians,not political or military people but ordinary people) Otherwise to save space on this thread both you and me can go and search Nazi and Communist atrocities,each on their own and then make own conclusions.

I had my say and I'm done with my 5 cents,I don't need to proof anything else anymore and I will not entertain it further.
      Should it make you feel better I will say that you won this argument... but I stand by my statement...
      Images
      • Screenshot_20240607-123228.jpg

56.52 kB, 480×684, viewed 24 times
    • Vanrendo wrote:

Joe Bartolozzi wrote:

@Joe Bartolozzi keep your list of Nazi atrocities,I don't need you to remind me of that.Our debate evolves around the statement I made regarding Communism was just as bad as Nazism,if not worse.You did not like that.This is not about saying Nazism was better so your list will be irrelevant.All those questions you asked is exactly what people under Stalin/Communist rule had to endure.Maybe not in a fashion you would like to have but very similar, except people did not have to wear a star but civilians of the Soviet Communist empire that was not communist was treated like sub humans and gunned down like dogs on the crop fields(I will have to go and dig for those videos of what Communist rule did to civilians,not political or military people but ordinary people) Otherwise to save space on this thread both you and me can go and search Nazi and Communist atrocities,each on their own and then make own conclusions.

I had my say and I'm done with my 5 cents,I don't need to proof anything else anymore and I will not entertain it further.
      Should it make you feel better I will say that you won this argument... but I stand by my statement...
      Well of course, those civilians who weren't communists faced extreme hardships. However, under Nazism, literally everyone places extreme hardships. I do not remember the soviets burning down entire villages because of one 'politically unwanted' person. Even homelessness decreased after 1945. Living standards rose from what they were under Nazi rule.

At the end, if you wish to end the argument, then feel free to do so. I wasn't here to 'win' the argument however.
      It was good talking to you.
      "We can be wrong, or we can know it, but we can't do both at the same time." ~ Heisenberg

SENIOR ELECTION MANAGER
      HEAD OF THE FPD
    • Constant debates… but to be honest it’s rather simple; one groups wanted to slaughter every native member of Eastern Europe, one did not end up doing that. Things like Commie Blocs and public healthcare were even positives! I bet you can’t name even one slight positive from the Nazi occupation (there is none except for the occasional assassination of a Wehrmacht soldier). This isn’t a debate, it’s comparing apples to oranges. I’ll take less political freedom and the possibility of being sent to gulag or shot over being sent to a concentration camp and my culture being exterminated no matter what I do.

Also why did no one make a thread on May 8th… ;(

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • In the Netherlands it is 5th of May, and other countries differ as well.
      When the fake daddies are curtailed, we have failed. When their roller coaster tolerance is obliterated, their education funds are taken by Kazakhstani phishers, and their candy bars distributed between the Botswana youth gangs, we have succeeded.
      - BIG DADDY.
    • interesting reading about d-day on here. but not sure about how much people here really know. soviets got much help from u.s. when getting invaded. germans ,what disd to civilian women n children,,soviets when got upperhand started repaying. soviet union lost by far the most. kind of curiuos why why from what i read that soo many think was just u.s. n u.k. on d-day. far from it. canada stormed 2 beaches themselves for instance. but nice to read other's views as d-day was certainly more involved than many around me think
    • K.Rokossovski wrote:

In the Netherlands it is 5th of May, and other countries differ as well.
      Why…? I know Nazi Germany surrendered to the West on May 7th and East on the 9th and such but VE Day is rather universally regarded as May 8th… Russia and the former USSR celebrate on the 9th due to some time zone differences, though.

CarKing the 6th of the Abrahamic Caliphate
    • Carking the 6th wrote:

K.Rokossovski wrote:

In the Netherlands it is 5th of May, and other countries differ as well.
      Why…? I know Nazi Germany surrendered to the West on May 7th and East on the 9th and such but VE Day is rather universally regarded as May 8th… Russia and the former USSR celebrate on the 9th due to some time zone differences, though.
      Because the German troops IN THE NETHERLANDS surrendered on may 5th. We may have an "official" VE day, but no one knows about that.
      - BIG DADDY.