Trial game for new roleplaying alliance: The Shadow Command (SHCOM)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Trial game for new roleplaying alliance: The Shadow Command (SHCOM)

Hi there,

I'm looking forward to creating a trial game in order to choose members for my new alliance (description of the alliance below). I'm pretty excited to put this together and meet like-minded players, so if you're interested in participating in the trials, let me know and present yourself in this thread!

NOTE: I also submitted this thread in the Recruitment Centre, but I thought some people here might be interested in this as well.

Decription of the Shadow Command:
      "The Shadow Command in an alliance for highly active advanced players with an interest for roleplaying. We mainly focus on 100 players games, but accept challenges from similarly minded rival alliances. There will also be friendly internal games for constant practice and camaraderie.

Players who join this alliance need not to be interested in recreating historical events, but more into acting like a realistic, credible political and military entity, through press statements, detailed military & intelligence reports, etc etc... This alliance is for players looking for immersion, so please do not ask to join if this kind of stuff doesn't interest you.

You will need to play one internal practice game with other alliance members, in order to show that you display the following characteristics as a player:
      - Respect & communication
      - Communication: redacted press releases, intelligence and military reports, use of secret codes, etc
      - Strategic & managerial skill
      - Commitment
      - Logs in at least one or twice a day
      - Gets into its role

There is no limit to the number of active players in the Shadow Command, but we act like a general staff, so there is a hierarchy to be respected. Grades in the alliance are not determined by your level, but earned through merit and seniority."
      "My flanks are something for the enemy to worry about, not me. Before he finds out where my flanks are, I'll be cutting the bastard's throat."
      - George S. Patton

The post was edited 1 time, last by moonswimmer ().

• Great, great. I'm waiting to get a few more players and I'll message you guys with the game info. In the meantime, if you have questions on the alliance or whatever, let me know!
      "My flanks are something for the enemy to worry about, not me. Before he finds out where my flanks are, I'll be cutting the bastard's throat."
      - George S. Patton
    • Excellent, I'm starting to have a few people ready it seems! I'm gonna be really busy at the beginning of this week (well tomorrow at least) but if everything goes according to plan, I should create the first trial game this week! Really looking forward to this.
      - George S. Patton
    • Okay so I'll be starting the game this Friday. I'll send the name of the game and the password to each of you via private messages once it's created. I'll also send you a message begoreheand just to confirm your participation.

Map: Europe - Clash of Nations (22 players)
      Free selection (first arrived, first served)

Initial conditions:
      We will set no special initial conditions. I usually find those boring and un-immersive. However, it would be cool if each player started the game by presenting, through the newspaper, the initial situation of his country, thus giving us hints at the political system in place, some major characters and so on.

Rules:
      - There will be a total max amount of gold spending, fixed at 2500 gold for the whole game. Spend wisely.
      - The in-game chat will be for casual discussion between players. All formal communication between countries has to be done within the game messaging system, in order to give a chance to enemy spies to intercept your communications. No whispering. Realism, people!
      - You need to roleplay all the time, with every player. Non-RP messages have to be sent through the in-game chat.
      - Daily article posting in the newspaper would be nice.
      - Other than that, there will be no rules, other than the ones set in-game through treaties, international law, etc etc. Those in-game rules may of course be broken, if that's the way you want to RP your nation! Just do it in a geopolitically coherent way.

This should be fun 8o
      - George S. Patton
    • Yeah well I've received warning from mods for discouraging players from using gold, so there's that. Also you do win gold when you finish a game, I think it's unfair if you can't use a bit of that for yourself.

I know being able to buy victory is not realistic. This is why I have put a limit though. 2500 gold for a whole game is enough to give you an edge, but not enough to give you total supremacy over other armies. Personnally, I doubt I'll be using gold at all anyway. I also encourage other players to use (or not use!) gold as fairly and realistically as possible. Like, spending 2500 gold on the first day would be something I'd consider unrealistic.
      - George S. Patton
    • Will do! Let me just finish them chores, enjoy a quick end-of-day beer and smoke and I'll create the game and send the name and password to all the participants. Should take an hour or so.
      - George S. Patton
    • moons, and anyone else

if you are willing to, i have my own RP which I was looking for players for as well

if you got time to play 2 RPs, your free to join
      How many regert electing the current US president, and if not, please, tell me why you havent yet, id love to here you, hopefully smart answer.
    • I'd be interested in trying out as well, been playing Supremacy for quite awhile now and started CoW in November. I think I've gotten pretty good, or at least okay at the game. I know I'm a bit late, but are you still accepting people?

Well I feel stupid, I'm in the roleplay thread... Sorry about that, I'm not big on roleplaying, please disregard!
      "It is a fact that under equal conditions, large-scale battles and whole wars are won by troops which have a strong will for victory, clear goals before them, high moral standards, and devotion to the banner under which they go into battle."
      - Georgy Zhukov
    • Okay so the game has been created 12 hours ago, everyone should have received a message by now! If you didn't please message me.
      - George S. Patton