AXIS vs ALLIES # 7 Game Invite

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Joining as Turkey. Interesting idea this game. I hope I do well and dont screw up as well:).

I have some ideas regarding getting strong anyway, without breaking the rules, so lets see how that will work out.

By the way, how will victory eventually be decided? Say the Axis win, there will be more then 3 countries most likely left. I guess Spain and I will then just archive I suppose?
    • Hey sir Henry, welcome back sir. :) I'm old... and I forget, what was your game/ player name? And yes, France is very open. You getting into the game should be a quicker, less painful process as you've played before. May I say to you sir, that there are about 5 other players that are trying to get in (but only 2 or so have said 'any country'), so be quick with your final 'check in.' - no offense. :saint:
      We've tweaked the rules just a bit on them now brotha' - the Vichy France option is more concreted now, and we know more about it. I do know that France is 'short' 3 artillery. 1 each in the 3 Maginot territories. You can purchase those (when you run outta manpower) with 'EXTRA' gold, and rush them to those territories. * note please tell the Kraut player (me) about this so they don't get bombed by the Luftwaffe, which an aggressive German will.

The post was edited 1 time, last by James Hartmund ().

• Sir 'miech,'
      Hey there. At the risk of blabbering on, I don't think you'll 'mess' up as Turkey. Just don't attack anyone, as Turkey would not have, and did NOT wish to engage in WW2. However they would have, if Germany would have been doing very good in Russia, AND Egypt (& Cyrpus) would have both fallen.

To answer: "...how will victory eventually be decided? Say the Axis win... ?
      Reply. You know either the AXIS or the ALLIES will 'win.' The other side will see the writing on the wall, and just give up. I would imagine that 95% of the time it would happen that way. In a horrible stalemate, the ALLIES will surely win because they have 3 atom bombs the 1st year, about 6 - 9 the 2nd year, etc. The axis will evaporate in mushroom clouds. So the AXIS have to push, eh? ;)

To get the minimal amount of CoW gold, when the game is over some of the greedy pigs will continue to play (a dead game) and get the silly gold. Ha.

The Turkish 1941 Army- Just for fun:
      X Corps (Kırklareli)
      Group X = to a motorized armored unit (2nd Cav, Independent Armored Brigade, 26th Infantry Brigade< Kırklareli Brigade.
      XX Infantry Corps
      IV Corps
      Militia ?? (Çatalca Fortified Area Command)
      III Infantry Corps (a militia)

Second Army (Balıkesir, Commander: Abdurrahman Nafiz Gürman)
      II Inf Corps (1 or 2 infantry- not sures??)
      Demirkapı Militia
      V Inf Corps
      XII Inf Corps (İzmir)
      İzmir Amtayla Bde (militia)

Third Army (Erzincan, Commander: Kâzım Orbay)
      IX Inf Corps (maybe 2 units??)
      XVIII Inf Corps
      VI Inf Corps (Kocaeli)
      XVII Inf Corps (Maraş)

I'm sure there were various (a few) artillery, AAA and speckled Armor units. From what I've read, there were VERY FEW tanks & such in Turkey's WW2 army- perhaps none in CoW Corps sized units.
    • Our sincerest apologies for any players that did not get to play what they requested. We use, take players for the most part pm a 1st come, 1st serve basis. We (I) do like to ask players if they're active, as many players on both sides are. Next we always ask if they've seen the 'Country Situation' rules in our Post here in the RP section. :nomail: Lastly if they're ok with this- to make sure they'll be happy here. And LASTLY we like to ask for a final check in for any rule clarifications, deeper country questions, clarifications, saying they don't like something, whateverrr.
      Several people checked in a time or 2, and there's nothing personal in the 'selections.' Most people seem like nothing but good peeps :D I certainly hope that any one that missed this game will honor us with your play in another game. You will be most welcome.

And... We need a player for France!
      Again, sorry we missed you. :ohnemich:
      Respectfully,
      The AXIS vs ALLIES weirdos :00010164:
    • 1st, HA! You are very correct sir gsg. Playing Russia is draaiinningg... .. . . to say the least. That is if you want to do well & get the edge your opponent :!:

2nd, sir Tilen yes there are technically 3 spots available. If you would be so kind, allow me to explain. There are 2 objectives with our games as far as players are concerned- to be fair (to who can come in) and if at all possible to get active, serious players, as your opponents and allies certainly will be :00010164: . We try and take players on a 1st come, 1st serve basis. There are several players that have checked in a time or 2, and a couple that have checked in more. We prefer to talk to players, to ensure that they're active & serious.
      So far, they are:
      Yonericus - severl times (slated for the U.K.)
      Vasco Macedo Will play any country.
      Albert_1
      Idamtus Requested U.K.
      dawdlepuss
      Scott Gourley1 (requested Spain)
      KingJoe (requested Yugo)
      panzerfaust (requested Spain)
      and now, but not least... MarshalTilien (the most cool :thumbup: )

Ok, that was the long version.
      The available countries are:
      - France
      - Spain
      - U.K.
      If sir Yonericus checks in soon, he'll get the U.K. spot. He's serious, has checked a few times, blah, blah.... A factor in here is that if the U.K. is not active, it's CURTAINS for the ALLIES. And the U.K. player really should gold purchase a lvl 3 naval yard then 4 (extra gold purchased) battleships. The U.K. starts with 10 [really 11]. The ALLIES will get schmooshed without them.
      The French player ought to know that he has a tough 'row to hoe.' Germany is much stronger than he is, and might suffer to be a Vichy French player if he loses the Battle of France.
      The Pro-AXIS Spanish player must realize that it's a lighter commitment, only playing 6 units (3 vs Russia & 3 vs the Africa Corps). and is very hamstrung with very low $ & resources, and rarely gets fully into WW2.

So... if we know a player is active, and is serious, they're in.
      We're trying to be fair here :trust_me: - just waiting for people to say what country they want, check out the particulars for it (using the forum's RP 'Country Situation' post), say they agree... and ... BAM we can start.
      Thank you guys for your interest and checking in multiple times.
      These games are tough, grueling and full of good players.
      :00010166: