AXIS vs ALLIES # 7 Game Invite

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AXIS vs ALLIES # 7 Game Invite

AXIS vs ALLIES # 7

PLAYER LIST UPDATED 10:00 PM (CST)FEB. 11
      THE GAME IS FULL

Realistic WW2 play.
      Full explanation & rules in our RP post.

GAME START INFO:

Start Time:
      Estimated time- Friday Feb.10 at 4:00 PM, CST (10:00 GMT)

Game Number:
      Will send upon creation of the game.

Game Name:
      AXIS vs ALLIES 7

Password:
      Will send upon creation of the game.

AXIS vs ALLIES # 7 Game Player Update:
      ALLIES:
      *U.S.A. – rogodeterSnowl * Isolationist until late turn 7 (Dec 11, 1941).
      *France – gabegard * Probably Vichy.
      Soviet – spiker373
      U.K.- Idamtus (including Canada) 10 [11] starting BBs.

AXIS:
      Italy- SergeantRock. Low $, resources & tech.
      Germany – James Hartmund
      Yugoslavia – Overlord_KC Activated when Germany attacks Russia. Very low $, resources & tech. 2 industry build limit.
      Hungary/Slovakia - floki2 Activated when Germany attacks Russia. [played by Sweden]. 2 industry build limit.

Pro-AXIS:
      Spain – Marshal Tilen Pro-AXIS. May be activated later Spain plays only 3 units total against the USSR and a few Spanish filled Free French units. Very Low $, resources & tech.
      Turkey- ‘miech' Pro-AXIS. Activated upon the fall of all of Egypt & Cyprus AND the AXIS doing very well in Russia. Very Low $, resources & tech.

Neutral:
      Sweden – floki2 *Note that the Swedish player plays 3 volunteer units in Finland, without officially being at war.

Interested Players: Yonericus, Albert_I., Scott Gourley1, Lt.Henry, Vasco Macedo, Mat_tio, Dawdlepuss, panzerfaust, KingJoe, etc...

Gold Usage:
      5K Gold (to be spent how the player wants)

AND

Appropriate/ Extra/ Unlimited Gold for:
      -lvl 3 Naval Yards, for Brit/Germ/U.S.A./Italian/Russian Battleship production.
      -Missing 4x U.K. battleships.
      -U.S.A. or U.K. actions to help create an ALLIED Canada to include repair of barracks, industry, units.
      -3x fast built French regular arty for Maginot line.
      -Missing German BB Scharhorst.
      -Canadian manpower (a few Canadian units throughout the game).
      -‘Siberian’ troop transfer. 3 infantry corps transferred in summer 1941 & 4 in Fall 1941, after peace w Japan.
      -U.K. infantry reinforcements from India. India had 2.5 million soldiers in 1945.
      -Excellent German vehicle recovery. Limited amount only for 1/2 damage armor repair.
      -American 'red ball express' transports (force march & free repair).
      -Limited Russian Partisans. 90,000 were in action by 1941, 142,000 by 1943.
      -Limited ALLIED Romania Partisans (simulated Yugoslavian partisans). Eventually numbering over 800,000 strong.
      -Limited Communist (Russian supplied) Romania Partisans.
      -1 starting Canadian destroyer.
      -German Rockets (only to be used against empty cities)
      -etc. Post your 'missing WW2 elements' as a reply to the main AXIS vs ALLIES #7 Role Play forum post.
      -MANY American units available Turn 15 (Fall/Winter 1945)- Japan surrenders.

The post was edited 14 times, last by James Hartmund ().

• hey Mateo - UK is tricky and you need to be quite active - James and the Rock will take no prisoners and you have the huge responsibility of keeping Egypt and Palestine otherwise Turkey and Spain will join the war - I am happy to advise if you need it having played UK the last two times

James: I will play USA
    • Sir Snowl & Mat_tio,
      Snowl, you're in as the U.S. :coolman:
      Sir Mat_tio, we kind of do this on a 1st come, 1st serve basis. I pretty much take the 1st time a player checks in (when they seriously check in) and use that as the '1st' come-time. So, 1 or 2 other players checked in at 5:17, and you at 5:30'ish- I believe. Still checking. So if that other guy want's the U.K., assuming he's active an agrees to the rules & all, he'll get it. No offense; just trying to be fair as I can about all this. :unfair:
      SO, care to play France? Caution, France is a real challenge, usually facing Germany soon. France starts with about 1/2 the troops that Germany does, although they have the lvl 4 & 5 fortifications of the Maginot line. Worst come to worst, they'll be a half-hearted German Protectorate, but in the end an ALLIED force once again. Kind of weird 8| , but true. So unless you're suicidal, you'll be in the game till the bloody end.
      Let me know, we'd love to have you as France. Please check out the 'Country Situation' notes for at least the 1st part of playing France.
    • Hiya Kingjoe,
      I remember you from before. Hey, the Yugoslavia guy checked in an hour & 1/2 ago or so (I forgot to type that in). It would seem that there is just France left to play, which is a real challenge to say the least. Check out at least the basics of France on our 'Country Situation' if you would my good man :) The first person to ok those rules, and say they're an active player is in as France. There's also the very light commitments of Spain & Turkey for players.
      Respectfully, thanks for your interest. :thumbsup:

The post was edited 1 time, last by James Hartmund ().

• Herr spiker, allow me to say this. We've played about 4 full games now, and in about 1/2 of them the Russian wilts because... because... he completely forward deploys. I've seen it in many other WW2 games as well. I almost tire of seeing this, and I KNOW that the other ALLIES hate it, because when the forward lines have been breached it's curtains. There are many Soviet 'defensive' strategies however the 'all your eggs in 1 basket' often is a horrible plan. :trust_me: Just sayin' Oh yes, the Soviets did it in WW2 and got schmunched as well.

Soviet WW2 strategy:
      The core premise of the new thinking became:
      1. A maintenance of the offensive
      2. Increase of tempo in the conduct of combat.
      3. Use of overwhelming firepower.
      4. Penetration in depth of enemy territory.
      5. Infantry working with heavy ARTILLERY to break through the enemy's possibly fortified forward positions,
      6. Red Army changed their tactics from the usual cavalry role (motorized infantry) to that of mobile mounted infantry to support the tanks

1936 USSR Red Army Field Regulations used 'Deep operations' which had 2 phases;
      - Tactical deep battle.
      - Followed by the exploitation of tactical success, known as the conduct of deep battle operations.
      Deep battle envisaged the breaking of the enemy's forward defenses, or tactical zones, for fresh uncommitted mobile operational reserves to exploit by breaking into the strategic depth of an enemy front.
      The goal of a deep operation was to inflict a decisive strategic defeat on the enemy and render the defence of their front more difficult, impossible—or, indeed, irrelevant. Unlike most other doctrines, deep battle stressed combined arms cooperation at all levels: strategic, operational, and tactical.

And another thought is that you MUST use your 'Siberian' transfer troops; check the history, or our 'Country Situation' post for details. Unfortunately it takes some CoW Gold :wallbash . That happens from June 1941- Nov. 1941. ALSO, I can not stress the Russian (and Yugoslavian) partisans in action. Historically many partisans operated in small bands in the occupied USSR, and they forced many Krauts to keep garrison troops back there.
      Some Partisan facts:
      - By the end of 1941, more than 2,000 partisan detachments (with more than 90,000 personnel) operated in German-occupied territories.
      - Just in the territory of Belarusian SSR during the 1941–44 period, 374,000 personnel, with about another 70,000 in the urban underground, and about 400,000 in the reserves.
      - After the liberation of the Belarusian, about 180,000 partisans joined the Soviet Army in 1944.
      - Ukraine over 150,000 fighters.
      - Etc.
      Now this is besides the lesser detatchments that just disrupt rail lines, communications, resource delivery and reinforcement columns (i.e. CoW lowered territory morale).
      So, long story short, USE PARTISANS! You can make a huge [communist] amount in Romania as well (the substitute for Yugoslavia).

Lastly, you probably will need some motivational Russian music to do well:

• 1st, HA! You are very correct sir gsg. Playing Russia is draaiinningg... .. . . to say the least. That is if you want to do well & get the edge your opponent :!:

2nd, sir Tilen yes there are technically 3 spots available. If you would be so kind, allow me to explain. There are 2 objectives with our games as far as players are concerned- to be fair (to who can come in) and if at all possible to get active, serious players, as your opponents and allies certainly will be :00010164: . We try and take players on a 1st come, 1st serve basis. There are several players that have checked in a time or 2, and a couple that have checked in more. We prefer to talk to players, to ensure that they're active & serious.
      So far, they are:
      Yonericus - severl times (slated for the U.K.)
      Vasco Macedo Will play any country.
      Albert_1
      Idamtus Requested U.K.
      dawdlepuss
      Scott Gourley1 (requested Spain)
      KingJoe (requested Yugo)
      panzerfaust (requested Spain)
      and now, but not least... MarshalTilien (the most cool :thumbup: )

Ok, that was the long version.
      The available countries are:
      - France
      - Spain
      - U.K.
      If sir Yonericus checks in soon, he'll get the U.K. spot. He's serious, has checked a few times, blah, blah.... A factor in here is that if the U.K. is not active, it's CURTAINS for the ALLIES. And the U.K. player really should gold purchase a lvl 3 naval yard then 4 (extra gold purchased) battleships. The U.K. starts with 10 [really 11]. The ALLIES will get schmooshed without them.
      The French player ought to know that he has a tough 'row to hoe.' Germany is much stronger than he is, and might suffer to be a Vichy French player if he loses the Battle of France.
      The Pro-AXIS Spanish player must realize that it's a lighter commitment, only playing 6 units (3 vs Russia & 3 vs the Africa Corps). and is very hamstrung with very low $ & resources, and rarely gets fully into WW2.

So... if we know a player is active, and is serious, they're in.
      We're trying to be fair here :trust_me: - just waiting for people to say what country they want, check out the particulars for it (using the forum's RP 'Country Situation' post), say they agree... and ... BAM we can start.
      Thank you guys for your interest and checking in multiple times.
      These games are tough, grueling, full of good players and tons of fun.
      :00010166:
    • Sir Tilen,
      Ok, welcome to the war then. You're in as Spain. Please make sure that you're ok with them being a Pro-AXIS neutral and are ok with their lighter commitment (playing 6 units) and very low $ & resources.
      If you're ok with that my good man, you're in! :thumbup:
      Please let me know right away sir.
      Thank you for your patience.
    • Hiya sir Idamtns,
      I know there's quite a bit of back and forth here my good man. Please don't take offense there are just a few players checking in at once.
      You're active * check. You've replied several x, * check.
      Please message me back here (or in the COMMUNITY, Message system) with the ok for the U.K. Know that you really should use EXTRA gold to purchase the 4 at-start Battleships. Otherwise the U.K. gets schmooshed.

Let me know right away sir about the BB purchase. In an emergency, I could purchase some of them (I have to purchase 1 of my own as Germany). If you check back soon you're the U.K. and welcome to the war. :00010166:
      Thank you for your patience brotha.'

• Ok, sir Tilen,
      Again thanks for you patience. You're in as Spain. If you read the 'Country Choice' post that will (should ) give you all the details.
      I wanted to say that I was VERY sorry that you did not get in 2 games ago. I'm glad you got in this time.
      Spain will be tough for you/ any player. A lighter commitment and having very few resources- yuk <X
      Let me know what questions you might have.

Some Spanish player notes:
      Purchasable units:
      Infantry and Militia only.

Research and tech level.
      Infantry, Militia, AT-Guns, Light Armor, All ships, all restricted to level 1.
      Motorized Infantry -Lvl 1
      Artillery - Lvl 2.
      Fighters - Lvl 2.
      AAA- lvl 3.

Your Combat Units:
      For the AXIS.
      At the start of the game you need to send:
      1 Infantry (Blue Division)
      1 fighter group (Blue Squadron)
      You will be send 1 degraded Commando (your assault troops).
      You will play these troops, and the fighters.

For the ALLIES.
      You will send Spanish filled units to fight for the ALLIES:
      de Gualles FFF (Free French Forces):6
      1 motorized infantry (9th column)
      2 militia (later)

1 infantry (13th Half-brigade)

AT START send all but the following Spanish $ and resources to Sweden (the game's World Bank).
      $ - 25,000
      Goods - 50,000
      Food - 25,000
      Steel - 5,000
      Rares - 50,000
      Oil - 25,000

Spain is still involved in it's Civil War (ends in April). They're war-torn, ravaged & just plain poor. $212 million debt to Germany for example.
      Lastly you're officially a neutral, and won't attack other countries except for your 'volunteers.'

T'is a challenge sir Tilen. You have to be willing to be a 'jerk' attacking both AXIS and ALLIES and play both sides of the fence, lol ?( I hope you have fun.

The post was edited 3 times, last by James Hartmund ().