Wrong tank assigned into 1stTM tank (Soviet)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Wrong tank assigned into 1stTM tank (Soviet)

Hello,
      you know, there is something that kinda pisses me off for a long time now.
      There is BT-7 assigned to First Tier Medium Tank for Soviets. That isn't actually true!
      BT-7 'Bethuska' is in fact one of the latest Soviet LIGHT tank of WWII. Well, I would
      love if you changed it to something else, I don't care, back something that isn't wrong.

*Also, my friend noted that Pz.Kpfw. II isn't actually stronger than Pz.Kpfw. 35(t), but at last it isn't
      wrong class, so yeah... That isn't why I'm posting.*
    • Soviet Tank design, as well as German, often confused allied commanders as to what classification it should have.
      For example, while the Germans called the Panther a 'medium tank' it was heavier than most Allied Heavy tanks, and thus by Allied standards, classed as a heavy.

Not to mention weight alone doesn't decide what type of tank it is, even if the BT-7 was built as a light tank, if it was used as during a break-through as part of the main force ( as opposed to exploiting the break through) it would be more or less, a medium tank.

But alas, this game often gets things wrong: mostly Soviet things. Have you seen the Russian Nuclear Battleship? its a 1970/80s missile 'battle-cruiser'
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • Ellio_98 wrote:

If you thinks thats annoying you will cry if you looked at the fact that they classed the KV-1 as a med. In no definition is a KV-1 a medium tank
      Yea, that's kinda annoying too... Well, actually, it would worth getting someone who understands it to write all of those mistakes... I was posting just becouse BT is my favorite :D

TankBuster wrote:

Soviet Tank design, as well as German, often confused allied commanders as to what classification it should have.
      For example, while the Germans called the Panther a 'medium tank' it was heavier than most Allied Heavy tanks, and thus by Allied standards, classed as a heavy.

Not to mention weight alone doesn't decide what type of tank it is, even if the BT-7 was built as a light tank, if it was used as during a break-through as part of the main force ( as opposed to exploiting the break through) it would be more or less, a medium tank.

But alas, this game often gets things wrong: mostly Soviet things. Have you seen the Russian Nuclear Battleship? its a 1970/80s missile 'battle-cruiser'
      Yeah, I can't anything than agree with you. But still, it would be nice to have the correct clasification nomatter how it was used... Also, those ships and planes are kinda different thing. Game is supposed to be from '42, but there isn't much ships nor planes in this era :D Not even talking about Nukes, that's definitley Cold War. So yeah, there is lot of wrong things, and hopefully they'll repair every single of them, but about ships and planes, I guess we will have to overcome this.