Out of food

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• When you run out of food, you will incur a morale penalty in your Empire and its called "Food Shortage", for every hr/day you go without food, the morale penalty increases. When you click on a province and left click on the "i" in the bottom left, you will see all the Morale bonuses/penalties listed; Countries at war with, Neighbors, and Distance to Capital are the basic three morale penalties. Food, Oil and Rare Materials are consumable resources, meaning that some buildings consume these to run. Food=Barracks (units and population), Oil=Naval bases (mechanized units), and Rare Materials=Nuclear Power Plants (research). Disabling these buildings will lower the consumption of its used resource. An issue to compound Food consumption is that players will build and run barracks without using them to produce anything and raise the population/manpower which causes an excessive drain on it. When a game starts, I like to get infrastructure going in all my core province resource provinces. Then I like to get Fortresses going, not for the defense factor so much, but the Morale boost I get. If you go through "phases" like conquer/capture new land, build up buildings, build units, rinse repeat; you will avoid shortages. I use the rule of thumb, when something goes below 100/hr, it gets my attention to fix. I like to be 200/hr or better before I do any other actions. I like to be 300/hr or better before I expand again because the newly captured provinces are going to be at 25% and that lowers your overall morale. I find that overall morale of 75% or better is optimum (for expansion) and anything close to 60% is dangerous.