Regional Capitals for larger maps

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Only issue with that is. I am New Zealand... I have territories in South America and India, and they are of equal value to each other. So I am stuck with my capital being 3.6 days either way. A regional capital could say reduce the effect on moral say by whatever factor is playable.. 10% or reduce the effect by 1 day.

But limit the number of sub capitals you can have also to prevent spamming them.
    • A limit would be only being able to have one per continent (the continents that you find in the province list, like Europe, Asia, Russia, etc).

I love the idea of having sub-capitals in different continents, and while I don't think it should completely reset the morale drop that occurs the further away your territories are away from your primary capital, a reduction would be nice. You cannot have negative morale from being further away from a sub-capital in that continent than another territory, a sub-capital always gives you at least +1 morale. Maybe up to +15 morale or something. Sub-capitals do not effect the morale of another continent at all, just the continent that sub-capital is in.
      "It is a fact that under equal conditions, large-scale battles and whole wars are won by troops which have a strong will for victory, clear goals before them, high moral standards, and devotion to the banner under which they go into battle."
      - Georgy Zhukov
    • I would support the idea of a Regional Capital, especially to help with morale issues in provinces that are further away. The idea isn't all that far-fetched either. I live in Canada, and as such we have two different types of capitals; we have the federal capital, Ottawa, which is the capital of all of Canada, and then we have provincial/territorial capitals for each province and territory in Canada.

The province of Ontario has both the federal capital, Ottawa, and the provincial capital, Toronto. An idea similar to this could work with CoW.

Obviously, there will have to be a downside to it as well, and a limit to how many can be built, for example, the idea of one per continent, and if the province which contains this capital is taken, then perhaps it is destroyed in that area (instead of damaged), and it deals a blow to morale in the surrounding provinces.

Just my thought on that.
      Le Dawdlepuss, the slowest one of all

"As long as there are sovereign nations possessing power, war is inevitable" -Albert Einstein

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill

• dawdlepuss wrote:

I would support the idea of a Regional Capital, especially to help with morale issues in provinces that are further away. The idea isn't all that far-fetched either. I live in Canada, and as such we have two different types of capitals; we have the federal capital, Ottawa, which is the capital of all of Canada, and then we have provincial/territorial capitals for each province and territory in Canada.

The province of Ontario has both the federal capital, Ottawa, and the provincial capital, Toronto. An idea similar to this could work with CoW.

Obviously, there will have to be a downside to it as well, and a limit to how many can be built, for example, the idea of one per continent, and if the province which contains this capital is taken, then perhaps it is destroyed in that area (instead of damaged), and it deals a blow to morale in the surrounding provinces.

Just my thought on that.

Yeah, I like that idea. Wouldn't change anything of what you just said.
      "It is a fact that under equal conditions, large-scale battles and whole wars are won by troops which have a strong will for victory, clear goals before them, high moral standards, and devotion to the banner under which they go into battle."
      - Georgy Zhukov
    • What about, once you've capture enough provinces from a country (for arguments sake, 9/15) you may build an 'administrative building' in former capital of that nation, The Germans did this when they tried rebuilding their Empire.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01