Reduced non-core production penalty

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Reduced non-core production penalty

The 75% Non-core production penalty is a HUGH penalty. This penalty should be reduced with development of the province. Possibly reduce penalty with each Industrial complex built by 10%, with a further 5% reduction with each level of Infrustructure build.
    • BattleIvan wrote:

HUGH penalty.

Yeah, it's pretty Hugh alright.

On a more serious note, I agree, it seems rather large, but I understand it. I like what you suggest though, it makes sense. People would be more willing to collaborate if you build up the industry and infrastructure in their territory, that the penalty would go down with the people willing to help. Only thing I think you should change is that the infrastructure raises it higher than the industrial complexes, as I could see civilians being happier with you fixing/building up the infrastructure of where they live as opposed to building up their industry.
      "It is a fact that under equal conditions, large-scale battles and whole wars are won by troops which have a strong will for victory, clear goals before them, high moral standards, and devotion to the banner under which they go into battle."
      - Georgy Zhukov

The post was edited 1 time, last by Jordan823 ().

• I think that there should be a larger penalty for non-core provinces, but I also think their should be an assimilation of sorts, where, over time, the penalty reduces slightly as the people become more accustomed to your country's culture and difference.

But, for right now, just build infrastructure and factories in provinces that produce resources, as it'll still boost the production.
      Le Dawdlepuss, the slowest one of all

"As long as there are sovereign nations possessing power, war is inevitable" -Albert Einstein

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill

• I've been n CoW for nearly a year now, and the 75% resource has always p*ssed me off something rotten. When I've occupied your nation for several days now (and lets be far, one game 'day' is more like a real life 'week') and brought your nations market back up, freed you from your pathetic Government and now swear to defend you, i'd like some extra help to the war effort.

I believed core provinces should have only a 33% loss once morale hits 100, as the Cities become running again after a few days- The German occupation of Paris was rather easy going for those who obeyed the law, the Germans rather liked the City in fact. I under stand non-core provinces being a drain due to them being towns and rather undeveloped, so the 75% should stay for those, but maybe drop to 65-60% once morale get to 100.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • Interesting...

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Citing Hearts of Iron 3, -75% resources with low chance of having a rebellion is normal (aka. "Collaboration Government"). But if you put it to "Full Occupation", resource penalty will decrease up to -45% (ending up at -30% penalty) but increases the chance of rebellion 8 times (from the hoi wiki, values from 1.5(collab) to 11(fo)). And it can be settled by sending soldiers to a rebellious city to decrease its chances of having a rebellion of partisans (it will still exist but the chances are low and it will be immediately suppressed by the occupying soldiers). I recommend to put up a similar penalty system that will allow a decrease in non-core production penalty with the cost of having a higher chance of rebellion. And that sending soldiers/tanks will have an effect to an occupied city that might (or might not) stir the population and stabilize everything else (including province morale and resource output).

Although I can agree that -75% penalty is fair enough (if you're fighting AI and inactive players, that is), in an active 50p/100p (or higher, idk its my first time playing) map the struggle of finding a province with high resource output and low resource penalties will be totally lucrative to invaders.

just enjoy your dogs and drinks, fam. chill and chill hard.
    • The 75% non-core production penalty is rediculously large.

As you develope a captured territory surely this can be reduced. Possibly start with no production with no industry and no infrustructure (100% penalty), but as you build infrustructure or industry this is improved by 10% each time, such that when you have build x5 industry and x3 infrustructure the penalty is brought down to only 20%.
    • I think you should be able to convert non core to something else say occupied territory with -30% production penalty or lower instead of -75%

This function already exists in another bytro game called new world empires so the coding should not be that hard to program. This should be implemented as a very expensive and costly option say it takes 7 days and costs as much as a lvl1 factory
    • There should be a way to increase it, or once the morale gets above 80% it starts rising. and tops out at 50%

My other idea is to use buildings, like you guys said. Maybe it requires lv.2 infrastructure and a factory to begin increasing it. Then every day its above 80% morale, the resource production goes up by 1-2%, until it caps at a set amount. Maybe 50%. Or if its at 100% morale it could go higher. I don't like that its fixed like that at 25%, I don't mind it being complex or difficult to increase, but I'd like to have that option, maybe it wouldn't be worth it still in most places, but at other times it could be worth the price/cost to develop the production.