What would have happened if...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What would have happened if...

What would have happened if Hitler had died in 1944 and the German army had surrendered.

What is your opinion?

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

Quasi thinks that Germany would've torn itself fighting for power.
      It's possible.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

• Pablo22510 wrote:

I think that Germany and Central Europe in its entirety would have become Communist, meaning the Iron Curtain would have been further West and the Cold War would have had bigger dimensions.
      Communist? It would be too weird, I think it had a transition towards the monarchy.

• Pablo22510 wrote:

No. If the war had ended on 1st September 1944, because of Roosevelt thinking the Communists were his friends, he would have let them have ALL of Germany, the Balkans, Central Europe, etc.
      The Germans had signed the peace with the Soviet Union.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Quasi knows Truman would not have given the Soviets all of Germany, he made them promise they wouldn't attack Japan mainland.
      The United States of America had focused on fighting against Japan.

• No, they were focused on Germany. Japan was pathetic, it was the patriotism that dragged on the war. One of the last tank battles in the Pacific was 28 Japanese tanks fighting ~800 Americans.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

No, they were focused on Germany. Japan was pathetic, it was the patriotism that dragged on the war. One of the last tank battles in the Pacific was 28 Japanese tanks fighting ~800 Americans.
      If Hitler had died in 1944, Germany had become an economic and military power, and perhaps would have exploded a third world war.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

I wouldn't think so.
      Why?

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Operation Unthinkable. British plan to fight the USSR. Deemed an impossible fight and scrapped. Just compare troop numbers!