Morale bonus/penalty from enemies and allies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Morale bonus/penalty from enemies and allies

Morale seems to be a pretty big issue, primarily on 100 player maps in my experience. With that many people you end up fighting a lot of different countries and if you have territories over seas you have to devote a huge force to occupying to keep morale up. I am totally cool with the idea of war with multiple countries causing increasing morale penalties. However I feel like this same principle and mechanic should be applied to allied countries.

Think about it. Morale was getting very grim in England when France lost their homeland to Germany. England's already low morale took a hit knowing they were down an ally. When the US joined it renewed hope, suddenly another country was in the war on their side. Morale increase!

The end.

Thanks for reading. Like if you agree!
    • But English Morale was restored during the Africa war, victory in the Battle of Britain and saving Malta.

Good idea though
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

What ally helped achieve those aims? American tanks, American supplies, American troops, Quasi thinks.
      Are you trying to claim that British victories are all based upon US equipment or troops. While I'm not doubting that US equipment helped, no USAAF pilots (fighting under the USAAF banner) took part in the BoB, 2nd Batttle of El-Alamein was British empire troops only, the sinking of the Bismark was RN only, defence of Malta was RN only- hmm, alot of battles which were fought by Imperial troops which boosted English morale- AND LOOK AT THE LACK OF AMERICAN FORCES!

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

• TankBuster wrote:

Are you trying to claim that British victories are all based upon US equipment or troops
      No.

TankBuster wrote:

English Morale was restored during the Africa war, victory in the Battle of Britain
      Quasi was stating that these victories had a lot of American help, especially American tanks in Africa. British tanks were terrible.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• "British tanks are terrible"

Tell that to the Sherman Firefly, our upgraded versions of the M3 and other tanks.
      British tanks got the job done, and drove the Germans back.

• TankBuster wrote:

British tanks are terrible"

Tell that to the Sherman Firefly, our upgraded versions of the M3
      Firefly is an American tank with a British gun. Good gun(unless HE shells). M3 Grant only had top turret(machine gun turret) taken off. A fair amount of British tanks were very good, but not in North Africa. Can you tell me this would make a German tanker quiver with fear?

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• I personally like British tanks more than American tanks, particularly the Churchill and Matilda Infantry tanks, as well as the Valentine Infantry tank.
      Le Dawdlepuss, the slowest one of all

"As long as there are sovereign nations possessing power, war is inevitable" -Albert Einstein

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." -Winston Churchill

• Quasi does not think anyone fancies the early cruisers though, eh? The ones that the Brits fought with(albeit with the Matilda, but that was infantry support) until they got the game changing American tanks.

• Love what is going on in this thread.

I don't think you can claim one thing was responsible for boosted morale, its many factors that effect it both positively and negatively (the negative stuff they've got down well in this game but not the positive things).

My point totally stands though. They lost France, a major bummer, They gained US, big sigh of relief to not be fighting on their own.

@Azkazan You could easily fix this by adding a diminishing return the more allies you gain.

In terms for people who didn't take econ. The more allies you gain the less of an effect each additional ally has on your morale.
    • Interesting idea.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.