Flag of Canada

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Flag of Canada

I'm usually pretty lax about the flags especially the ones in Supremacy 1914, not many were official back in 1914. However during the Second World War Canada did have an official flag, the Canadian Red Ensign. It was a British Red Ensign defaced with the Royal Arms of Canada. The flag displayed in the game is a government proposal from 1946. The Canadian Red Ensign had been in official use since 1921 when King George V granted Canada Royal Arms. I would greatly appreciate it if that could be fixed, it was the flag my countrymen fought under during WWII and was my country's longest standing official flag until the introduction of the current Maple Leaf Flag in 1965. I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, I think it is just a great disservice to my country's former national flag.

• I could not agree more with you. All countries of the world recognized the ability of such a small country to introduce new tactics that worked,(creeping barrage, small units working alone to take out key positions with a new a all new attack wave the mop-up, and trench raids first introduce vimy ridge) and to create innovative training techniques, value the lives of your men and educate them to do the next man job. These were just a few things Canadians brought to today's battle field. By the end of ww1 not only Britten but the Germans believed Canadians were the elite troops of the Commonwealth nations. Everyone but Canadians and the few Churchill claims we owe so much received there training, who came up with the idea of conveys to cross the atlantic, made all of them Lancaster boomers, trained USA's special forces, and not to mention hosted the first meeting with Stalin, that would be Mr. King. I have noticed more and more the contribution such a small country made are being recognized, however you are correct. I can only guess how quick this error would be fixed if it were Britten or USA flag.
  • William T. Riker wrote:

I'm usually pretty lax about the flags especially the ones in Supremacy 1914, not many were official back in 1914. However during the Second World War Canada did have an official flag, the Canadian Red Ensign. It was a British Red Ensign defaced with the Royal Arms of Canada. The flag displayed in the game is a government proposal from 1946. The Canadian Red Ensign had been in official use since 1921 when King George V granted Canada Royal Arms. I would greatly appreciate it if that could be fixed, it was the flag my countrymen fought under during WWII and was my country's longest standing official flag until the introduction of the current Maple Leaf Flag in 1965. I'm not trying to be a jerk about this, I think it is just a great disservice to my country's former national flag.

So much like a true Canadian asking for a request then apologizing about asking lol but i completely agree any true patriotic countrymen would want the proper flag displayed during such a critical time period in history. I mean seriously world wars don't happen a lot that's why theirs been 2 and many thousands smaller ones.
    If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won’t follow.

Do you know why snow is white? Because it forgot what color it was.

Strength that knows no boundaries is merely violence.

• As a fellow Canadian I am not only gravely disappointed, but a little pissed off, that it has been 16 days since you pointed this out & yet nothing still not done.

Perhaps though this does not belong in the bug report section though. Why don't you repost again in main topic, though also any devs or mods who read your original post could have forwarded this to the right person who can do something about it.

Standing on guard for thee,
    Ducwigen
  • I moved the thread to an area it is likely to be seen & acted upon.

Right now there are much larger bugs than flag issues however...as for the statement "if it was the US flag itd be fixed"....why does everyone think the world revolves around that nation lol, every flag in the game receives the same attention from the devs.
  • The comment i made concerning the stars and strips, I believe I also mentioned the Union Jack. Funny that has gone un-noticed. I only used them as examples because they are the biggest flag waving nations going. They also have 15x the population, which means 20x the complaints. I am very pleased with the game and only wished to make a point that aggression is noticed, tolerance neglected, but thanks for noticing and helping.