Disengagement and unit destruction.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Disengagement and unit destruction.

Right, after alot of people liked my flag idea, I was pondering over two points debated last year.

Disengagement/retreat

A while ago, I remember people talking about a 'retreat' or disengagement function. While I'm reluctant to say 'retreat' as it maybe give some our USSR loving players triggering memories of 1941. But anyway, down to the real important stuff.

Disengagement is the act of, well. its what it says on the tin. You remove yourself and your men from a combat situation, some times known as a 'fighting withdrawal'. This would give Generals the ability to remove troops from a battle and live to fight another day.

"But Tank Buster, people will just use this to scout the enemy and then withdraw all the time- thats not fair!"

I hear you people, I hear that loud and clear. So, we use logic! Disengagement is a vital skill, however its hard to master due to the action not being carried out often. So, when and army disengages, all units in the stack will take a 15% morale loss.

"Ok Tank Buster, thats fair- but 15%? Thats alot! Units might be destroyed by disengaging!"

You seen, despite the term, a disengagement is- in all truth- a retreat. Its falling back and leaving combat. Troops will be hurt, troops will be disheartened and people die. This ensures that those people who attempt to use this feature to hit and run, will have to think twice about it.

Unit Destruction:

Units are lost and left understrength in a war, sometimes you simply can't waste time reinforcing them. This is where disbandment comes in. This feature will also use a current mechanic already in the game. When trading units, you can only send so many in a stuck: also, you can only send so many per-day.

Flipping this feature over, we can only disband so many units per-day and only so many in a stack. When disbanding units, you will reclaim 1/4 of the cost to build them. I believe that this is a good amount, as it reflects the conditions of troops and how much equipment will be useful.

Also, if you have units are full strength you don't want (for example, your army is now fully mechanized and you no longer what walking infantry) this feature will let you gather some resources fast- but at the cost of losing units at full morale.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01
    • I knew it was on there, I just wanted to have my say.

You know, like the tens of posts we get on Multi-accounts, other suggestion lists ect.
      "If the tanks succeed, then victory follows."- H.Guderian

"Hit first ! Hit hard ! Keep on hitting ! ! (The 3 H's)" Admiral Jackie Fisher

"The 3 Requisites for Success – Ruthless, Relentless, Remorseless(The 3 R's)" Admiral Fisher

Crates: a Term used to define any unwanted and unneeded feature in CoW

Game Username: LordStark01