Quick Q&A Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Quick Q&A Thread

What's the Quick Q&A Thread?

Well, it is a thread made exclusively for questions that are short in length and do not require very much explications. To be more explicit, the users post questions in this thread which are too short and don't treat very complex problems and that are not found in the FAQ.

Example: "What's the best way to beat an Anti Tank?"

What's the objective of this thread?{/b]

This thread's objective is to reduce the number of threads in the Q&A subforum whose subject is a small problem.
    • I just joined this game overall, and was fooling around with some things like, what if I try to attack this city and the game said something like if I attack without declaring war or if I declare war, "our reputation may be harmed" or something. Is that a game mechanic, or what does this mean?
    • How large is the blast of an Atomic Bomb/Rocket?
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • Lheticus wrote:

I just joined this game overall, and was fooling around with some things like, what if I try to attack this city and the game said something like if I attack without declaring war or if I declare war, "our reputation may be harmed" or something. Is that a game mechanic, or what does this mean?
      It only means something when playing with advanced AI, which may embargo/attack you based on how much warmongering you do.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Sir McSquiggles wrote:

Kehsct wrote:

How large is the blast of an Atomic Bomb/Rocket?
      Roughly 50km. ^^
      Thanks for telling me. Don't want to blow up my own guys.
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • Sir McSquiggles wrote:

Kehsct wrote:

Thanks for telling me. Don't want to blow up my own guys.
      That is fine haha. I had blown up my own units probably a few times before... R.I.P to the fallen warriors ^^
      Intentional necessary sacrifice, or accident?
      -Winston Churchill

-George S. Patton
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

Lheticus wrote:

I just joined this game overall, and was fooling around with some things like, what if I try to attack this city and the game said something like if I attack without declaring war or if I declare war, "our reputation may be harmed" or something. Is that a game mechanic, or what does this mean?
      It only means something when playing with advanced AI, which may embargo/attack you based on how much warmongering you do.
      That's not at all true. That pop-up warning will appear in the following examples (that I recall; off the top-of-my-head ....where I keep all my nifty ideas):

1) Countries 'A' & 'B' are working together (w/ Share Map or RoW) vs. Country 'X'. Country 'X' has troops in Country 'A's territory. Country 'B' wants to TAC bomb the troops of Country 'X'.

2) Same as in #1 except Country 'X' & Country 'A' are engaged in ground combat.

3) Same as in #1 except Country 'A' & 'B' don't have RoW (whether or not that is from Share Map or RoW on its own).

4) Same as in #2 except Country 'A' & 'B' don't have RoW (whether or not that is from Share Map or RoW on its own).

5) Diff. example: a country wants to move troops into another country's territory (without RoW); without entering that province's town [this other country could be active player's or AI].

6) Same as in #4 but troops will be entering that province's town.

7) A player clicks on any of his units and, without using the March command, drags it to a location containing a neutral (at Peace) unit.

Will NOT cause an immediate war: #'s 1, 2, 3, 5
      WILL cause an immediate war: #'s 4, 6, 7
      Could be grounds for war at some time in the (near) future: #5

The post was edited 1 time, last by I Patton ().

• Quasi-duck wrote:

So, what is the best way to defeat an anti-tank gun?
      Tactical Bomber (TAC). The Anti-Tank Gun (AT) has no attack value vs air units and its lowest defense value is vs air units.

The TAC has the best attack value vs ground troops of all the air unit types.

[Edit: oh, and the TAC is "best" because it's quick to deploy, quick to do the job, and one doesn't need a lot of them to take out each AT]

The post was edited 1 time, last by I Patton ().

• Kehsct wrote:

I don't know but I do have a clue:

The blast radius a Nuclear Bomber attack is approximately the diameter of the cursor (when it appears as a magnifying glass) when one zooms all the way out (on a 22 player Clash of Nations map). I'd add a little bit more just in case ground zero isn't where you think it'll be.
    • I Patton wrote:

Kehsct wrote:

I don't know but I do have a clue:
      The blast radius a Nuclear Bomber attack is approximately the diameter of the cursor (when it appears as a magnifying glass) when one zooms all the way out (on a 22 player Clash of Nations map). I'd add a little bit more just in case ground zero isn't where you think it'll be.
      My question was already answered. lol. It's 50km.
      -Winston Churchill

-George S. Patton
    • Kehsct wrote:

I Patton wrote:

Kehsct wrote:

I don't know but I do have a clue:The blast radius a Nuclear Bomber attack is approximately the diameter of the cursor (when it appears as a magnifying glass) when one zooms all the way out (on a 22 player Clash of Nations map). I'd add a little bit more just in case ground zero isn't where you think it'll be.
      Yes, I know it was already answered by "50km". And for others reading this thread, I provided a rough approximation of how to know what "50km" might be using something in lieu of a scale/ruler.
    • I Patton wrote:

Kehsct wrote:

I Patton wrote:

Kehsct wrote:

I don't know but I do have a clue:The blast radius a Nuclear Bomber attack is approximately the diameter of the cursor (when it appears as a magnifying glass) when one zooms all the way out (on a 22 player Clash of Nations map). I'd add a little bit more just in case ground zero isn't where you think it'll be.
      Yes, I know it was already answered by "50km". And for others reading this thread, I provided a rough approximation of how to know what "50km" might be using something in lieu of a scale/ruler.
      Thanks then. Hopefully this does help ppl.
      -Winston Churchill

-George S. Patton