Huge Resource Hog

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Huge Resource Hog

since the ingame ads have appeared, my browser is using up a tremendous amount of memory if i leave callofwar open. which i had been doing previously. i work at my computer all day long so i would leave my game tab(s) running all day too. i no longer can do that as they are killing my pc performance. maybe there is a mem leak? veeeeery frustrating :wallbash :wallbash :wallbash
    • Agree completely. In fact, my typing of my support of this complaint has snagged already...

While ads are necessary (that's understood), the side bar is enough. Quit hijacking the entire screen at various intervals. This WILL make me leave the game.

I have never paid to play these types of online games. This is the first game where I've even considered it (I may be buying some gold...in other words...giving you guys money). And since I'm not a gold buyer (up to now), I understand that putting up with the ads is the price I must pay to enjoy this game. But when the ad takes me away from the came with a full screen hijack...that's simply not going to work.
    • King Rex 007 wrote:

I have never paid to play these types of online games. This is the first game where I've even considered it (I may be buying some gold...in other words...giving you guys money). And since I'm not a gold buyer (up to now), I understand that putting up with the ads is the price I must pay to enjoy this game. But when the ad takes me away from the came with a full screen hijack...that's simply not going to work.
      When you buy one thing from the shop, the ads go.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

King Rex 007 wrote:

When you buy one thing from the shop, the ads go.
      I have bought gold and the ads still appear. This is a broken mechanic. Maybe if the game ran faster (silly to make the 100-man map have longer research) and less people got bored, they would buy more gold and have more active players.
    • BeerBelly wrote:

I have bought gold and the ads still appear. This is a broken mechanic. Maybe if the game ran faster (silly to make the 100-man map have longer research) and less people got bored, they would buy more gold and have more active players.
      Me too.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Hi folks, if you have any issues with pubs blocking the game(blank page+pub in the middle), please, provide us a screenshot of those pubs so we can block them.
      Otherwise, if you have any issues with the banner on the right side while you already payed, please, provide a screenshot and a username.

Thank you.
      Estoy dispuesto a darlo todo, a luchar por lo que soy, a ser libre dentro de mi, a guerrear mientras viva.

Manual: Básico y Machiavelli