What resource does the infrastructure increase?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• What resource does the infrastructure increase?

What resource does the infrastructure increase in a wheat producing province?

Does it increase the money or does it increase that particular provinces resource such as oil,wheat,steel,goods.

Logically it would seem that it only increases money and workforce because some provinces have no commodities being produced. However many players believe that a level 3 infrastructure will increase wheat provinces wheat production by 50%.

I am not sure that is the case and I question whether infrastructure only increases the money and workforce of that province without effecting the wheat production.

I am presently building a level 3 infrastructure in my main wheat producer to see what effect it has, I would be very surprised if it rose by 50%.
    • cpt Omer wrote:

It does increase your production, you can check the numbers when you click on it.

yes production of everything actually, if a province does not produce a resource then when building a road on it, it will still increase poppulation, therefore increases tax (monies) income and also increases MP income.
      Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.
    • I recomend not building the infrastructure on provinces that don't produce any resource, the structure cost quite a bit of everything and on a province with nothing to offer but money would be a waste of investment.

It increase the move speed of all land units in the province but again don't build it on resource less province it's a complete waste.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • V1nd1cat0r wrote:

I recomend not building the infrastructure on provinces that don't produce any resource, the structure cost quite a bit of everything and on a province with nothing to offer but money would be a waste of investment.

It increase the move speed of all land units in the province but again don't build it on resource less province it's a complete waste.
      well in my experience and opinion you are partially right.
      I indeed would not build roads everywhere, but.. It can be usefull to make a sort of a highway trough your country.
      Next to that I do suggest building it in your core provinces, o all provinces that is. though the investment is allot so not worth the return on provinces that re not core, core provinces on the other hand return enough money that way tobe able to buy those resources back within a few days and after that it will only keep giving extra.
      Though wouldnt do this in the start of the game ofcourse....
      Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.
    • V1nd1cat0r wrote:

I recomend not building the infrastructure on provinces that don't produce any resource, the structure cost quite a bit of everything and on a province with nothing to offer but money would be a waste of investment.
      Correct.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.