AI The True Creators of Hitler's V2

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AI The True Creators of Hitler's V2

I'm confused if it was just my game or if the AI that takes over nations actually does this on purpose.

Currently started a war with France i saw large groups of enemy units near the borders so i expected either tanks or Inf and prepared to attack. To my surprise when i launched my lvl 2 Rockets at 2 major cities in France on the way the Rocket spotted over 20 Rockets. When the 2 cities was hit i counted over 13 French Rockets destroyed from just those 2 cities.

I noticed that about 7 Rockets were positioned at every air base in France.

Thats 105 Rockets......

Now when i invaded Yugoslavia i lost most of my inf in the beginning attacks. Which i decided to wait to get more so my tanks didn't have to attack their cities. I was hit by 20 Rockets in the course of waiting for inf from Sweden..... Sometimes i was online at the time..... This caused me to have to invade Yugoslavia with tanks avoiding cities. They not only target armies but poor Munich, Vienna, and Budapest were destroyed basically.....
      If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won’t follow.

Do you know why snow is white? Because it forgot what color it was.

Strength that knows no boundaries is merely violence.

• Yes, this has happened to me too. Except they only managed to launch a couple of missiles before I blitzed them. Apparently all the AI is good at doing is spamming missiles and dropping them willy-nilly.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• I hate to state the obvious but...the AI is broken and have near-infinite resource to build that much rockets. It would be better to prevent them using rockets and just spam ing, just like S1914 where you really have to commit in attacking the AI in the late game.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • V1nd1cat0r wrote:

I hate to state the obvious but...the AI is broken and have near-infinite resource to build that much rockets. It would be better to prevent them using rockets and just spam ing, just like S1914 where you really have to commit in attacking the AI in the late game.
      Oh i been knew the AI was broken i was just laughing at the fact that they have so many rockets. Their easy to dodge and take out so they dont affect me.

• Still, just imagine what to do with all that rare materials, make new industrial complex, research and much more, I don't blame the AI since its...an AI, seriously what a waste of resource, I bet fighting againts an elite AI is more fun than the standard AI.
    • V1nd1cat0r wrote:

Still, just imagine what to do with all that rare materials, make new industrial complex, research and much more, I don't blame the AI since its...an AI, seriously what a waste of resource, I bet fighting againts an elite AI is more fun than the standard AI.
      France did build some new factories but yah the Rockets..... thier not even lvl 3 but lvl 1 rockets....

• Emperor Lelouch wrote:

Thats 105 Rockets...
      That´s nothing compared to what I've encountered! I have this game in which I'm the U.S. After invading the American continent, I attacked Germany thorugh France, and took all of the Central European countries. Then I took Den,ark. I built an air field in the northernmost province (what´s it called, Aalborg?) and started patrolling the Swedish coast. In Malmö, there were 30 rockets level 4! I sent my ships to scout the coastal cities with air fields in them, and found out there were at least 30 rockets in each! Around 200 rockets, without counting the ones in inner air fields where my planes couldn't reach. I think this should be fixed or something, and that AI should instead invest in tanks or something.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • I've invaded some Ais but never found all these rockets. But since everybody says AIs are building lots of rockets without invest in tanks, infantry, infrastructure, etc, the devs must fix this or expand will be very easy because rockets aren't effective against troops...
      O beijo, amigo, é a véspera do escarro,
      A mão que afaga é a mesma que apedreja.
    • ......Most games i have about 50 tanks.... lol i would hate to find a AI with 200 tanks....

• I like to give my units air support while they attack a province. I am on holidays so I can micromanage and take an AI in less than, even without air support. The game is easy once you check often and bomb somewhere before advancing.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• See, guys, you can't help it.....the AI won't attack by itself, so it focuses on building an economy, and once it reaches a certain level, it focuses on building the best possible unit. The fact that it is building rockets should be an indication to you: they are probably the best in a completely neutral situation. Powerful, ranged, and bang for buck.

In S1914, they spammed tanks, even though tanks are expensive, because tanks are also incredibly powerful in large stacks.
      "Om Namah Shivaya....Aham Namah Shivaya"
    • AI does not do anything other than building stuff randomly around its territory, because their AI they don't actually care what's happening around them and are lock in one state...neutral. Although I would prefer mass infantry than mass rockets.

In S1914 they follow the same thing, being neutral and build a large economy, I like the S1914 AI than the AI in CoW since the AI there if left alone have a large army and mass tanks, very difficult to conquer in the late game and very costly without artillery.
    • DonViswanath wrote:

See, guys, you can't help it.....the AI won't attack by itself, so it focuses on building an economy, and once it reaches a certain level, it focuses on building the best possible unit. The fact that it is building rockets should be an indication to you: they are probably the best in a completely neutral situation. Powerful, ranged, and bang for buck.

In S1914, they spammed tanks, even though tanks are expensive, because tanks are also incredibly powerful in large stacks.
      Rockets really aren't that good. They are effective for damaging buildings and destroying other rockets or low health units. They really don't affect other troops like armor. They would have a better time building AT guns or Inf and Airplanes.

• Plus rockets if target a unit on the move it will miss if the target is fast enough, rockets are not the best weapon even if their at the end of the research tree, there just expensive and in the hands of an AI or an incompetent player their practically worthless...until it attack you while your innactive.