How Do Hit Points Work?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• How Do Hit Points Work?

I am confused about how hit points and damage points are dealt out. For example, a tank might have 20 hit points and do 1.5 damage, with 100% efficiency, against another tank with the same stats. So, how long would the battle last? Please note I'm not asking who would win. Would it last 6 hours, 40 minutes, if the damage is per hour, or something else? What is the scale that hit points and damage points are registered by?

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -Jack Handey
    • Each hour both sides will do some damage to the other side, but the amount of damage is highly variable. On average the amount of damage is roughly what you expect given stats, terrain etc, but within a given battle the average damage might be quite far from what you expect from stats. The battle will end when one or both sides have no more hit points. It could be a couple hours to many hours depending on the strength of each side relative to the opponent's hit points and which way the randomness tends to lean.
    • of Jophan wrote:

I am confused about how hit points and damage points are dealt out. For example, a tank might have 20 hit points and do 1.5 damage, with 100% efficiency, against another tank with the same stats. So, how long would the battle last? Please note I'm not asking who would win. Would it last 6 hours, 40 minutes, if the damage is per hour, or something else? What is the scale that hit points and damage points are registered by?
      Ask that question to every veteran player and 90% won't be able to answer, including me. Like our friend @DxC pointed out, it's best not to worry about hitpoints. Worry about terrain, numbers, morale, etc. I do that, and I haven't had problems so far.
      The past is a foreign country.