Actual Role Players

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• John pete1 wrote:

Emperor Lelouch wrote:

John pete1 wrote:

question

wot is the differ between hardcore players and normal players
    Hardcore RPers like myself publish 2+ messages in the Newspaper, and play how their character is represented and act the part. Normal RPers are those who simply communicate with messages and post 1 message in the Newspaper.
    then you reallllllllllly need to change that list around, and also
    its not about how many posts you do, its about how good at is it.
    You would be surprised at how little people actually write. They may right a paragraph day 1-2 but they will stop that and most aren't influenced by how they play their character.
    If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won’t follow.

Do you know why snow is white? Because it forgot what color it was.

Strength that knows no boundaries is merely violence.

• Ladies and Gentlemen,

This post has had a lot of ups and downs. If you have issues with other players, please handle them privately. If a player verbally attacks you, please report it, and do not feed to the negative energy.

Happy Hunting,
    WiseOdin,
    Super Moderator
    EN Community Support
    Bytro Labs | Call of War
    Free Time looks good on me
  • I do admit to having some amount of interest regarding how the OP listed himself as a 'hardcore Roleplayer' without anyone else supporting that classification, and in fact having a member of the community listing a game where they were close to the opposite of the current definition of a 'hardcore roleplayer'. Granted, events out of our control can lead to us being unable to play a game as we should be able to, but it would be wonderful that if examples of everyone else's RP is required to be a 'hardcore' RPer, that the OP also participates in this classification and does not simply arbitrarily list himself as 'hardcore'..

Also, I'll state here and now that the sign of a good, or 'hardcore' roleplayer does not come down solely to how many articles are posted a day and whether they seem to do what their leader would do in character. One high quality article of 1000 word or more length is far far superior than two or three 250 word articles riddled with spelling and grammar errors, and uses incorrect leader titles of other world leaders. I could endlessly list examples like that.
  • das es true

soooooo, i fully and utterly disagree with this system which you are using. Plus, until proof is given about this, this will simply seem like a list of names.
    How many regert electing the current US president, and if not, please, tell me why you havent yet, id love to here you, hopefully smart answer.
  • Emperor Lelouch wrote:

Apparently that game i forgot to bookmark it like i always do. Plus the fact that game was created just before i had to go to drill training for the National Guard where i was gone for 3 days. So its not the fact i abandoned it but i forgot about it oops that was a technical issue on my fault.

On the other hand you can't say im not a Hardcore Role Player cause you have never experienced me in a RP where i hadnt mistakenly forgot to bookmark the game and was busy.

Also i found the game and looked through the Newspaper and from what i saw even me not being afk only 3 other people were active. If i wasnt afk then it would only have been 4 people active. Not a RP.
    At first we were 6 people actively posting, 7 if you were included, keep in mind that more people would have probably remained active if you had done so as well.

Also, you're kind of coming up with 2 really awkward excuses, but that is my opinion. I don't understand why you have to mention that you didn't bookmark it when you were going to be gone for 3 days anyway? Kind of makes me think that you are lying, but again, my opinion. I must also add that it is silly to join a game when you're going to be gone for 3 days.

On the other hand, I can. Your defintion for a "hardcore" roleplayer, the one you listed above, literally claims that you'd be posting more than twice a day in the newspaper, which you didn't. You didn't even post on day one, which a normal RP'er probably would have to introduce his/her country.

Get off the saddle, "king."
  • Emperor Lelouch wrote:

Also i found the game and looked through the Newspaper and from what i saw even me not being afk only 3 other people were active. If i wasnt afk then it would only have been 4 people active. Not a RP.
    I checked back on this, you are still listed as inactive, meaning you haven't checked back on the game at all, one more lie to fuel your ego-train?
  • Sovereign wrote:

I do admit to having some amount of interest regarding how the OP listed himself as a 'hardcore Roleplayer' without anyone else supporting that classification, and in fact having a member of the community listing a game where they were close to the opposite of the current definition of a 'hardcore roleplayer'. Granted, events out of our control can lead to us being unable to play a game as we should be able to, but it would be wonderful that if examples of everyone else's RP is required to be a 'hardcore' RPer, that the OP also participates in this classification and does not simply arbitrarily list himself as 'hardcore'..

Also, I'll state here and now that the sign of a good, or 'hardcore' roleplayer does not come down solely to how many articles are posted a day and whether they seem to do what their leader would do in character. One high quality article of 1000 word or more length is far far superior than two or three 250 word articles riddled with spelling and grammar errors, and uses incorrect leader titles of other world leaders. I could endlessly list examples like that.
    What i used was merely a example and the only reason im the only one up there under the Hardcore is because i haven't been in any RPs where other people have shown they are Hardcore RPers. Thats why under the Normal RPers list there's a unconfirmed by their name. I have not witnessed them in-game.

• Galindor wrote:

Emperor Lelouch wrote:

Apparently that game i forgot to bookmark it like i always do. Plus the fact that game was created just before i had to go to drill training for the National Guard where i was gone for 3 days. So its not the fact i abandoned it but i forgot about it oops that was a technical issue on my fault.

On the other hand you can't say im not a Hardcore Role Player cause you have never experienced me in a RP where i hadnt mistakenly forgot to bookmark the game and was busy.

At first we were 6 people actively posting, 7 if you were included, keep in mind that more people would have probably remained active if you had done so as well.
    Also, you're kind of coming up with 2 really awkward excuses, but that is my opinion. I don't understand why you have to mention that you didn't bookmark it when you were going to be gone for 3 days anyway? Kind of makes me think that you are lying, but again, my opinion. I must also add that it is silly to join a game when you're going to be gone for 3 days.

On the other hand, I can. Your defintion for a "hardcore" roleplayer, the one you listed above, literally claims that you'd be posting more than twice a day in the newspaper, which you didn't. You didn't even post on day one, which a normal RP'er probably would have to introduce his/her country.

Get off the saddle, "king."
    The game started the day before i left for 3 days. Unlike a video game being in the National Guard is a real life occupation and drill training requires a 100% attendance. Unless something comes up like a injure etc...

I didn't post anything because i joined the game just before i went to sleep and didn't want to stay up for another 1hr typing a story for my character, nation, etc...

Also being occupied for 3 days straight and not bookmarking the game can make u forget easily. As far as the stats for a hardcore player goes i do need to change it but when i made this thread it was more of a rough draft not at perfection.

• Galindor wrote:

Emperor Lelouch wrote:

I checked back on this, you are still listed as inactive, meaning you haven't checked back on the game at all, one more lie to fuel your ego-train?
    It says im inactive cause i didn't do anything to make me active again. Like i said i checked the newspaper that's all. As far as this ego-train goes when it comes to life and video games. At any moment i could just stop playing this game if need be to focus on real life situations. So as far as my life goes im very busy working and maintaining my physical health so i don't get yelled at by the Drill Sgt for not passing my PT test i have to do every month. So missing and forgetting game isn't much of a big deal for me when i have to focus on more pressing and important issues.

• Master of Europe wrote:

Not trying to hate on anyone here, but you listed your self as hardcore with no one backing you up yet, you make other people have references. 1 question, who's your reference?
    The reference is myself since i made the Thread and currently the list is still in its starting phases. So like i keep telling people the stats for normal and hardcore players needs to be changed the whole list is a rough draft. Until i actually experience players listed or not listed i can confirm if their even RP players. The same can be said about me being a Hardcore RPer. If enough players tell me in game im not doing enough then ill change it. Until RP games start up and time passes everything listed and said can easily be changed.

• Emperor Lelouch wrote:

What i used was merely a example and the only reason im the only one up there under the Hardcore is because i haven't been in any RPs where other people have shown they are Hardcore RPers. Thats why under the Normal RPers list there's a unconfirmed by their name. I have not witnessed them in-game.
    Like had has said, a post of 1,000 words without a mistake is better then a posts with 500 words and is just mistake after mistake.

I ask that you take down your list since it is rippled with mistakes, and is simply unneeded.

I would also not be supersized if no one which is still talking here, has never seen you once RP.
    How many regert electing the current US president, and if not, please, tell me why you havent yet, id love to here you, hopefully smart answer.
  • Somewhat funny, and moreso depressing.

The unsavory elements from the Supremacy Role-Playing community are finally beginning to filter over here. It is with great regret that I would have to make a post in the Call of War Role-Playing Forums like this, but it would be a event that would occur eventually.

The entire arguements that I have seen in this thread so far are completely pointless and meaningless. Bragging about how many Role-Plays one has been in. The "Hardcore/Casual/Regular/Whatever". People complaining of people not Role-Playing "properly", and others Role-Playing splendidly. It somewhat reminds me of the "Old Guard/New Guard/New Generation" talk that the most recent people in the Supremacy community would argue about all day.

Addressing this "List", it is silly. If people do not understand the differences between a normal game and a Role-Playing game, educate them. Build a community. Make better games. Create examples to follow. I find your entire categorization of "Normal/Hardcore" Role-Players both entirely silly, insulting, and pointless. It is simply more silly hiearchy. So some people can feel more special or important, or belonging to some sort of imaginary created elite class. I somewhat enjoy how some person creates a list and presumes some sort of authority, and other people begin to fall in line. Then it explodes.

Now then, beides the silly bit of this unconstructive nonsense I have seen in this thread, I have furthermore scene the "I approve/Interesting topic/Generic insults/Etc". Their has not been one constructive post in this thread so far. Nor many constructive posts in these Role-Playing forums. Perhaps some of the old "I need to comment to feel like I am part of something important/Doing something constructive, but am not actually doing anything constructive" trend is at play.

---

A Role-Player my friend, a "Bytro Role-Player", from Supremacy to Call of War, is a artist. He is one who declares the game his stage, and everything within the game his props. Your first tier of tools is your knowledge of history, of grammar, English, your intellect, talent, and the rest. Your second tier is of your keyboard, Google Docs or Microsoft Word. Your third is the stage, the game, and all that lies within. A Bytro Role-Player is a artist who conveys the thoughts and ideals of history onto the stage of the game, bringing to life the fantasies he dreams of, foolish and childish, great and terrible, honorable and evil. He is one who brings forth the ideals of age old Imperialism, the mandates of men, the philosphies of Marxism, Lenin, of the numerous philosphers of the French Revolution, of Bismark and realpolitik...And is the one who uses his words, through the D.E/W.H, to debate said ideals, thoughts, and intangible, human feelings. A Bytro Role-Player is a artist, a philospher, a historian, and many more things.

And of utmost importance is ones Honour. To Community, Role-Playing, and oneself. The Honour of a Role-Player. To not use Gold, to dedicate yourself to a game...And if you don't have the time, nor the desire to make time in the weeks to come, a hour a day, two, or three...(Then as it is apparent, it is not enough concern to you, since you cannot make time for then, then do not join.)

Your Honour, you honour your word, spoken and unspoken. You are loyal to your friends, and you, for everything you take from the community, you give back to it three times more, if not ten, to a hundred times.

You are a writer. One who is writing a story. Of a new history, alternative, or even repeating the same. You work with your fellow Role-Players, to create drama, hatred, love, friendship, betrayl, and you do all of this intentionally, and by accident. Your passions rise and fade! You fight. You dedicate yourselves, obsessively. And then you let go.

There is a vast difference between one who just logins to Call of War, writes a couple paragraphs, posts it into the newspaper, and "Role-Playing". The former is something anyone can do. It is simple. Easy. You play the game. The latter has its own entire traditions, lore, history...Much of it stretching back to the last ten years. One requires a love of history, a passion for studying, long nights researching...The other requires simply a brief scan of a wikipedia page, and then making something "Shiny or important sounding happen.". One is realistic in its own sense, the other requires artifical rules, artifical tech trees, unit restrictions, building restrictions, and the rest of that nonsense.

It is something you will either get, or not. It is where the vast majority of the current community of Supremacy have fallen oh so short. Their is no fun or shame in what they do, nor what you are doing. But their is a vast difference between what it is, and what it could be. And one is so much more than the other, for it requires putting into it a vast amount of the finite time you have upon this Earth. And the Honour of the Bytro Role-Player, the honour of the student of history, and the strength of casting off these chains and labels. That is quite different.

Nor is five out of ten a failed game. A failed game, by whose perspective? Did ten join, and five forgo their commitments? Yet the five remaining play for many months, enjoying themselves? It is so subjective.

Excuses. Excuses. Then insults. You among everyone here have no right to presume authority, create categories of categorization, nor insult. You are blind of tradition, Honour, and community. And of those things, none exist in this nonexistent Role-Playing community, where people lulz and joke around for as far as the eye can see.

Quality. It is not the number of posts, nor how many words are within them. It is how the feelings, thoughts, the message is conveyed. Quality could be the word to use here.

If you want a good Role-Playing game, consistently strive to improve yourself as a Role-Player. Review your articles. Nitpick them. Rip them apart. Rewrite them hundreds of times before posting. Research. Study the game, and how it works. Research the speeches of Stalin, Mao, Roosevelt, Lincoln, Napoleon. Stand as a example, and help others improve.

If you desire good games, simply host a game. And gather among those who play the best into a private Skype group, chatroom, or something of the sort. Focus on quality, and improve yourself as a group. Host games on the forums. Build a community. Establish your traditions, until they fade away. Hold fast to your honour. Have a enjoyable Role-Playing game for yourself, and for everyone else. Actually ACT, instead of talking of acting. Actually host a Role-Playing game, instead of talking about the next great game, or of hosting. Actually Role-Play and think of better ways to Role-Play, to have fun, and enjoy yourselves, instead of critizing one another meaninglessly, calling others failures, and other childish things.

That is what you do. Not this silly list. Not this silly arguing of who is a "Hardcore/Real/Fake/Normal/Whatever" Role-Player.

Among all those here, I have seen many people Role-Play. They did. They Role-Played. I have seen some make slight improvements. They games are mostly "Chat Games", or games with a slight theme of Role-Playing and whatever rules or such that suits the creaters of the games...But it is a start. You however throughout these many months have made no improvement. Instead of going on of the others, focus on yourself first. Then one you can critize yourself as harshly as you can any other, once you can gaze into yourself and see your own hypocrisy and lies, they can can comment of those of others. To often what is apparent is others, is completely true of oneself. And the community continously accuses one another, instead of actually focusing on oneselves first...For that is where you lay the first bricks of the house to come.

Now then, begin building the house. Having a vacant field like this is rather nice at times, but when you, or the failed remants of the other begins to intrude, it is somewhat irritating. Now, it is time to begin the Great Craft once again. Or not.

"There certainly are things that cannot be told in words, but that can only be said by people who have exhausted their use of words. Words are like icebergs that are floating on the ocean called 'heart.' The parts that show above the sea surface are small, but they still let us perceive of sense the larger parts that are hidden below the water. Use words deliberately. If you do, you'll be able to convey more things more accurately than if you were to keep silent. Right judgement can only be made with right information and right analyses."