Add transport planes/Paratroopers

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Add transport planes/Paratroopers

It has been really frustrating for me that you can transport troops automatically by sea, but why not by air also? So I got out with this idea: Add paratroopers, and transport planes. Paratroopers would be an very efficient troop in attack, if used from an transport plane. Transport planes could also transport normal troops, but not armored ones (Only Commandos,Militia, Infantry). Hope this idea gets true sometime in next updates, as I think it will be gamechanging! (Also, these units should be in the research tree, more exactly the transport plane should start as a normal lvl 1 troop at the air tech tree, and paratroopers an ''evolution'' from infantry,as a better trained troop).

The post was edited 3 times, last by AnonymusPerson ().

• Quasi-duck wrote:

The devs are adding them in, no point talking about it.
    Yay. Noobs are going to get rekt now by pros and people starting out that get a good grip on game mechanics.
    Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
    -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
    -George S. Patton
  • They should add Transport Ships too. It's to easy to amphibious assault.
    Carl Wilson

“Dad, how do soldiers killing each other solve the world's problems?”
    ― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
    Bernard Law Montgomery, British general
  • No, it would make it realistic. People can't pull the Harry Potter and make a boat appear out of mid-air, so where do the convoys come from?
    Carl Wilson

― Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes: Sunday Pages 1985-1995: An Exhibition Catalogue

"Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: 'Do not march on Moscow'… Rule 2 is: 'Do not go fighting with your land armies in China."
  • Carl Wilson wrote:

No, it would make it realistic. People can't pull the Harry Potter and make a boat appear out of mid-air, so where do the convoys come from?
    Realism sucks when it makes a slow game slower.

Would you play CoD or BF if you could only take 2 rounds and then die, or not regain health?

If you want realism, this game will become unplayable.
    :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Well the transports should work like carriers, unit carry limit, such like that. It wouldn't add much time, and maybe it only takes an hour to embark instead of three..
    Carl Wilson

• nah it would make this game unplayable because than u must waste u open navy slots for pretty transport ships.
    sry for bad language. but here is my idea. u must have ports in province where u units are emparking but where u disempark there u dont need any as u soldiers use boats to land on shore. but yeah they should make that u soldiers can only empark at provincec where u docks are
    Katyusha Truck Sronk![/i]

The post was edited 1 time, last by WiseOdin: edited out offensive language ().

• This suggestion has been suggested several times.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
  • Transport planes would be very overpowered in terms of transport speed and getting troops to the frontlines compared to convoys. However this balances itself out because you don't need naval bases for convoys. In addition, planes require air bases to land, so it would sometimes be more effective just to transport your units by sea. I think if you just made transport planes a general research option (like nuclear power), then it would keep the pace of the game down. Otherwise you'll find yourself getting rushed by thousands of transport planes if it wasn't restricted to begin with.

I'd say make it researchable around the time you can research a strat bomber or whatever.
  • Quasi-duck wrote:

Carl Wilson wrote:

No, it would make it realistic. People can't pull the Harry Potter and make a boat appear out of mid-air, so where do the convoys come from?
    Realism sucks when it makes a slow game slower.
    Would you play CoD or BF if you could only take 2 rounds and then die, or not regain health?

If you want realism, this game will become unplayable.
    Respectfully and in all fairness, CSGO has no health regeneration and that has a large community and following. Although I agree with you, I don't see the need of constructing transport ships to be added.
    Make America Great Again.

#Trump2016
  • So I guess noobs will never be pro players, Airborne SHOULD be added. If you want to prevent an Airborne invasion, you will, You should have units patrolling, every province should have at least one militia defending, if you don't have that then OF COURSE YOU AREN'T GOING TO WIN! It would be fun to try out different strategies, not just, bombers, light tanks, then get mechanized infantry, then win. Also, Naval Transport? Really? I mean, sure...I guess...But not really...
    "ANU! CHEEKI BREEKI IV DAMKE!"