New Buildings

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• New Buildings

As many of you are probably experiencing, in many games, especially being a large country, you find that you are running low on wheat and oil. This is a large problem, as it essentially stops army growth in its tracks, and you cant fix it by shutting down a barracks. On average, in later games with a larger country, I have -200 tons of wheat and oil every hour, which stops me from making any useful units. There are a few things that I think we could do to fix this.
      1. This one is essential and easy. We just need to be able to shut down naval bases and infrastructure, which will help a lot with oil loss.
      2. Add special buildings that increase the amount of one specific resource in a province. These would use money and a different material, such as building an oil rig. This might cost $10,000 and 5,000 tons of iron, and would increase oil production by, maybe 500 tons a day. It would have only a small manpower daily consumption.
      3. If we were to be able to select what level barracks we wanted to be running, we could save a lot of wheat. Say I was building my infantry unit in a province with a level three barracks. That uses 1,000 tons of wheat every day, but if I wanted to build my infantry, I only need a level one barracks. These use 200 tons of wheat every day. This saves 800 tons of wheat a day, enough to run 4 other level one barracks, or shave 33 tons of wheat consumed every hour.
      4. Lower barracks consumption. It seems fine, but with +100 provinces, it adds up quickly.
    • Here's what I think of your following suggestion:
      1. Infrastructure are essentially roads, public roads, it does not need maintainance but it's quite expensive especially in oil, the validity of this point that I agree on is to shut off naval bases.
      2. yes, I agree on this one completely.
      3. I don't think this is a good idea, first of all why would you build a barracks to level 3 if you just need level 1, quite understandable for making mechs but it would be best to make high level barracks in cities rather than building them everywhere like in the province or non-core territory, building them there is non profitable. It's just simple resource management quite easy to resolve for the player.
      4. Like the point above don't build barracks like crazy, build them on cities that already have high manpower income, and those that have an industrial complex. Don't build them on places where you spend more than you earn.

Overall you really need to manage your resource more wisely, especially if it gets bigger and bigger, your army is worthless if you don't plan ahead. What puzzles me is having 100 running barracks I mean are you trying to cripple yourself just to make this post?
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day

The post was edited 1 time, last by V1nd1cat0r ().

• What I'm saying is that, maybe you took over Odense, in Denmark. If it is far enough into the game, this province will typically have a level three barracks. However, when you take over the province, you might not have oil, so you don't want to build any mechs. However, now you are wasting 800 wheat every day to build something for which you need only 200 wheat consumption. Also, with less than 5 lv 1 barracks running, maybe 1-2 lv 2, and 1 lv 3, I have -300 tons every hour, so running 100 or 10 barracks, you are still going to be losing wheat.
    • I understand what he wants, but instead of creating to many functions.
      Just stick with one.

* De construct / Remove 1 level of a building.
      (Includes removing level 1 to get rid of the building you don't want.)

This would allow you to remove the oil draining Naval Bases, and the wheat consuming barracks. (Build by someone else.)

And this would make it easier for the developers, as they only need to implement one function.
      However it has some more consequences to it, then turning levels on and off.
      Now if you remove a level, you would need to rebuild it to get it back which takes time and resources.
      That would be a whole lot more realistic and fair.