Let's start a new RP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Let's start a new RP

Since the Cold War RP is ultimately going to fail since 2 vital Capitalist Nations France and United Kingdom never even joined.
      Examples of RPs:
      • Post WW1
      • WW2
      • Post WW2
      • Pre WW2
      • Another Cold War with new regulations
      • No Scenario at all
      I'll create it since last time we had the issue of putting a password on a game and i have had no issues at creating any games.

10 ACTIVE Players needed lol
      • Yugoslavia-Emperor Lelouch (I've never played it before...)
      • France-Hellraiser1350
      • USSR-DonViswanath
      • USA-Butter Ball Bill
      • BenjB
      • Spain-Pablo22510
      • GreatbigHippo
      • GeneralPhara

You can debate about rules or regulations before and whats decided will be edited on to this.
      If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won’t follow.

Do you know why snow is white? Because it forgot what color it was.

Strength that knows no boundaries is merely violence.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Emperor Lelouch ().

• USSR = me. Also, lets set another rule. Post a sample of your RP article, the kind you would post in game. Since you are choosing a country, make up a character and use his introduction as your sample.

It would give an example of the commitment and ability you possess, if nothing else.
      "Om Namah Shivaya....Aham Namah Shivaya"
    • DonViswanath wrote:

USSR = me. Also, lets set another rule. Post a sample of your RP article, the kind you would post in game. Since you are choosing a country, make up a character and use his introduction as your sample.

It would give an example of the commitment and ability you possess, if nothing else.
      Ill send a Screen Shot of the current Cold War RP game where im USSR.
      If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won’t follow.

Do you know why snow is white? Because it forgot what color it was.

Strength that knows no boundaries is merely violence.

• Yeah I would like to join this one, I would like to add a peace period of 10 days where war is forbidden till the 10 days are up, we could also agree till 20 days but 10 days is the bare minimum.

For the scenario I vote for pre-WW2 and make our own version of it.

France-Hellraiser1350
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • Lel, you chose Yugoslavia. Put in the work man, and give us an introduction to your Yugoslavian leader.

Vindicator, that is a good idea. I am ready to agree to any minimum NAP that everyone will accept. Further, to simulate the conditions at the start of the CW, we may need to make a few changes. We can discuss these once people have signed up, and implement these based on the willingness of all parties.

And, why don't you post a sample as well :) I'll post one when I have a bit more free time.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DonViswanath ().

• I´ll join too. I wanna be Spain. I agree on the 10 day peace period. BTW, does this mean we're leaving the Cold war RP?

My sample article:

Last Republican Stronghold Falls

Today, the bloody 2-year siege of Madrid has finished with a Nationalist victory. General Franco and his army have taken over the government, and he is the new ruler of Spain. He has promised the people a new Spanish empire, and has told us that he will take control of all the Mediterranean, a Spanish 'Mare Nostrum'. He is looking forward to ally with Mussolini's Italy, and possibly Germany.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Moscow, May 9, 1945
      0342 hrs MST

The War Room,
      Kremlin

"Comrade Stalin, we have the news! The surrender has been given, at last! The Third Shock Army has already established a temporary head-quarters in Berlin. Field Marshal Zhukov has begun discussions with the Americans...it is a jurisdictional nightmare, of course, with the troops treading all over each others feet, but..."

"Jurisdiction?! The Americans are making claims on our victory, I knew it! What was the useless mongrel doing when I asked him to capture Berlin! Field Marshal indeed! I will have that worthless Zhukov counting trees in Siberia!" ranted the enraged Soviet Premier, while the aide who presented this news to Stalin in hopes of getting promoted by the mercurial leader hastened to get as far away from his as possible. There were far too many messengers buried under the snow in Siberia, and he had no desire to join them.

"We had Berlin encircled and cut off! We had the chance to begin the assault before the Allies could even get to the outskirts of the city! We could have taken the city and awaited the Allies at the gates of Berlin, but no, Zhukov had different ideas! And now look what he has done! We have once again lost the initiative! Now we will have to share that city and everything we have won by spilling Soviet blood with those capitalist pigs!" Stalin was building up into a dangerous rage, and none of the assembled officers dared raise their voice to try and calm the Premier down, lest his anger be directed at them next.

Then, a rather soft voice spoke from the shadows. "Comrade...I am sure the Field Marshal had very valid reasons, reasons which are keeping us all alive and well here at this moment. He who turned this war our way, the one to whom we owe what we have now. I am sure that despite your delusions, you know in your heart that it was not your foolish policies or outrageous proclamations that kept the Soviet nation alive in the face of fascist armies that reached the gates of Moscow! And look where we stand now....all due to the Field Marshal....my father."

Stalin, and his assembled entourage, were stunned into silence by this outbreak. And as they watched, young Alexei Zhukov, Lt. General of the Soviet 19th Army, rose from his seat in a dignified manner, and strode out of the room with these words: "We both know you wouldn't raise your voice in the presence of my father, Comrade. You wouldn't have said those things if you remembered I was here. Now, if you can avoid that in future, you can avoid losing face like this in future as well."
    • Canada, Toronto
      Party Headquarters of the Social Liberal Party of Canada

"Sir! Sir! That´s it! The elections are over and you are leading the poll... This makes you official the new Prime Minister of Canada!"

Ben looked stern at his closes advisor and friend. "So it seems, eh? I suppose I prepare myself for a press conference and later on we have to work on the new cabinet."

Frank Sawyer, the close friend and advisor of the Ben Larkin, the new Prime Minister of Canada, has been a close advisor and an always present figure in the live of Ben during the past years. He was more than just a person of confidence, he was also a friend. Someone who got really close to him, which not many people did manage. Now he helped achiving the victory in the elections. A vicitory that without Franks help would not have been possible and what caused to bring Ben the biggest challange of his life: Ruling over his beloved country.

Ben shaked off his thoughts. He had to prepare himself. Soon a press conference would be starting and he had to be ready. Those guys from the Press always were a pain if one didn´t treat them well. That thought finished, the door knocked and Frank entered telling him that the press was now there and waiting. "Well then..." Ben said. "I suppose we go out into the fire..."

He left his office in the party head quarters to make his way into a big hall, which was used for press conferences and as well for general assemblies of the Paty Memberbase. When he entered the big room, he noticed that there have been hundered of people present. He entered into a storm of flashlights and cameras. His term in office had begun.

"What would be your first statement as Prime Minister of Canada?" was one of the questions and the first one, Ben picked up.

"I am happy to have been elected by the Canadian people and I will assure you that I will not abuse their trust, nor fail them! My goal is to make Canada a glorious and independent nation and as well a nation with people who are fell, happy and with everything they need. We wish to get even closer to our american brethren and also we are looking into some changes to the social system. My government will publish a press release, as soon as it has been established and we are officially in office."

There raised an immense applause as Ben kept answering the many questions. It appeared that he was a good fit and well respected by many people. However, the most dificult times were yet ahead of him... After speaking and many words now deeds had to follow and he had to proof that he actually was indeed a great and dedicated leader with skill, who could give to his people what they need and look for.
      Saludos Cordiales, / Liebe Grüße, / Sincerely,

-= BenjB =-
    • I made this from scratch, I don't RP much. I am a gentleman though.

Washington D.C., USA

As president William McButters walked down the hallway to his office, one of his underlings ran up to him, shouting with excitement.
      "Sir, sir, the Ruskies have launched an attack! We can strike back with our new weaponry!"
      "Great, launch 'Diabetes' and 'Heart Failure'!" McButters shouted.

As McButters and his wife watched from their bedroom window, two missile silo's opened up from the ground and launched two missiles with the names 'Diabetes' and 'Heart Failure' on their sides. To celebrate, they opened a bottle of champagne and watched 'Heil Honey, I'm Home!' on their TV.

The next day, the Russian fleet and ground forces had been obliterated by the American nukes. America counter attacked and Russia fell beneath the heavy boots of overweight American soldiers.

This isn't my best work, I can write much better for an RP, but I am a bit sleepy and hungry.

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• I'd like to play as Germany if that's not already taken.
      Paris Falls

After Months of fighting, Spanish troops have captured Paris. "I remember Just last year we were defending Madrid from french attackers. At that point nobody expected to get this far," Said general Quixote while being interviewed in his new office in Paris. Despite this Spanish victory, French resistance fighters are increasing in number, abusing Spanish convoys everyday.
      Forum Gang Premier

you are a balls
    • May 9, 1940

Dear Mary

When the Germans invaded Poland, I knew that France is next on their list. It will be like the last war, God I wish that war never happen again, all those years living in mud, and the fighting...the savage, senseless fighting. This time...this time will be different, the Germans will not be able to penetrate the maginot line, it's impenetrable, and with the Brits helping and American support flowing from the Atlantic, their war will be short, and maybe just maybe, boys will not experience what I experience in the trench, and the gas...the horrible gas as if death is strangling you slowly to sleep. The horrors humans can make, I long for your warmth my love, I was able to get permission from the sarge I can come home tomorrow for little Cyril's first birthday, God...I wish it never happen the day I fear, tommorow my love we could be together again.

With love Ben.

-last entry of corporal Ben. Anton, Great War veteran, KIA May 10, 1940, at the battle of the Maginot line by German forces.-

I don't RP so I just make something random, hope you guys like it!
    • Question, do we have teams like "Allies" and "Axis"?, or do we start as our own and make alliances in game? And regarding the "character" do we personify one or multiple characters, other than being the leader of the country?

The post was edited 1 time, last by V1nd1cat0r ().

• It would be best to make alliances inside the game, after starting of with a certain "relation" with each country and a set of ideologies that would define your actions immediately after starting. These can be changed over time, of course, by PR.

You could have more than one character as well. For example, I already introduced Zhukov and his son (imaginary), and Stalin.