Let's start a new RP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hi guys,
      I have played a number of RP (role-playing) games in Supremacy. After picking a leader and flag (Wikipaedia). I usually go for some intersting, often minor historical figure. For instance, last year in a 30 player game I decided to base my play on Armenians, since I have some Armenian friends and found a suitably obscure national leader. The way it works is you post articles, usually daily, in the newpaper for the game. Armenians are Christian, so this gives opportunities for lots of anti-Communist propognada and anti-other groups as well. (Not that I'm anti-communist; I've played many RP roles as a Red (France, for instance, assuming a Red political takeover). I try to fashion my strategy around the actual ideology of my leader. Sometimes, you have to have an assination or revolution to accomodate the realities of the game. Some people get really carried away with this. Others join RP games and simply ignore the whole thing, damaging the game for the RP people; but, worst are the RP people who get bored or frustrated and leave making big holes in the game for the remainders. (Even in Alliance games, we see a lot of absent players, damaging their alliance, as well as the play.)
    • Until we have everything planned and the issues fixed we wont start since the last "planned" RP failed because of this. Also i warn yall most of my proper RPs last over 40 days. I'm just starting to end a Premiums RP in S1914 as France. Its a WW1 scenario so its CP vs Entente. Me (france), UK, and Italy vs Germany, Austria, Ottomans. In the beginning we didn't follow our planned alliance members like me and UK just allied each other... I France am the strongest nation in all the game i toke over Spain, Portugal, and Morocco. With 36% of the World's Military... UK has been battling Germany and Ottomans for about 14 days alone. What seemed like a peaceful France was involved with no wars. Our simple offer to CP was not to invade The British Isles. UK owned Norway but both failed to defend against UK's invasion into Hamburg. This is when i launched Operation Overlord to help UK. In 1 day with overwhelming force French Forces toke Berlin and all of Western Germany. The French Navy has complete control of the Mediterranean Sea. Ottomans have no chance of saving Germany. After losing half their nation in a matter of 1 day Germany surrendered. That game is still in progress and just reached day 50. I believe a total of 5 days it will take before my French Forces take over all of Germany and Ottomans are pushed out of Europe. Also Austria and Italy are inactive so its a 2v2 currently but since i joined UK.
      If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won’t follow.

Do you know why snow is white? Because it forgot what color it was.

Strength that knows no boundaries is merely violence.

• DonViswanath wrote:

40 days? Thats a failed one as well.....lel, successful RP's run into months. We will get there....

What issues do you think should be fixed on this one?
      You do realize most people go inactive after 40 days. If a RP last longer great i had another French RP game and it lasted 80 days. But in that game the amount of RP dropped i tried to RP but when only 2 people actually RP daily its not fun
      If the king doesn't move, then his subjects won’t follow.

Do you know why snow is white? Because it forgot what color it was.

Strength that knows no boundaries is merely violence.

• That is what we must try to change. Just saying, 40 is no target....most games last 15-20 days on LS itself.

Anyway, lets start. Synkronize wants the last spot. If there are any more issues to address, bring them up now. Lets not drag it on too long and make people lose interest.
      "Om Namah Shivaya....Aham Namah Shivaya"