Let's start a new RP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Gonna take that as a yes. But just in case anyone else related to the RP did NOT see this happen, we are going to wait. Game will be launched in 24hrs.

Prepare for the game to begin! Details will be posted here, and passwords will be given in a group conversation (to which you are all being added now).
      "Om Namah Shivaya....Aham Namah Shivaya"
    • In long ages past, before Gary Gygax and D&D, there was a game called Diplomacy, invented by Alan Calhamer. This was a seven-player board game and the grand-father of many modern variants, including Supremacy. There were two period turns divided into a negotiation phase in which orders were written onto slips of paper and a second phase as the orders were read and armies and fleets moved about a map of Europe to gain mastery of the continent. Losers were sometimes emotionally crushed by the experience, as supposed friends proved false by events. This game was also played by mail (as in US Postal service first class mail) to various monitors who published a weekly or monthly newsletter recording the moves and associated press releases. These press releases were often bombastic and cartoon-like parodies, in fact, RP or role playing.
      There were dozens and dozens of ‘zines in the US and Europe publishing the results, first being Diplomacy World (still functioning as an annual review). They also featured articles on strategy and the brilliant device of a demonstration game among the top players with extensive critical commentary. Nothing worked so well to introduce new players to the subtle points of play.

Among hundreds of variants of Diplomacy, an unusual one was The Bourse.In this a market was created with seven currencies traded against each other during a game; each beginning at 1=1, pounds, lira, marks, etc…As a country’s fortune waxed and ebbed, their currency would gyrate wildly on the Bourse. Of course, if you planned to stab someone in the back, you could speculate against his currency in advance. The net effect was that the winner of the most money on the bourse was often not the same as the winner on the board.
    • I am King Vi the new ruler of Sweden.

I look to protect my country and our strong scandinavian traditions. I look forward to making friends with Finland and protecting our fellow cold country friends Norway and Iceland. My first goal is to establish a Northern Alliance to protect my people. I don't care about the rest of the worlds conflicts to much but will get involved if I feel it in dangers my people.

My goal with this rp is to have fun. I look forward to what this potentially has in store.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vinnie Nickell ().

• I'd like to join as well. Poland if you will. Here's my RP:

1 September 1939

Early this morning, on the German-Polish border, there were reports of troops movements on the German side of the line. The Polish High Command disregarded it, assuming that it was yet another of the German field drills that had been going on for months now.

At about 10 AM, radio chatter from the frontier posts fell silent. Near a half hour later, scattered rumors sprouted up that the Germans had attacked, and were using tanks and motorized infantry as part of their famous Blitzkrieg style warfare. Panic soon ensued, and with it, chaos and confusion.

Nobody knew what the hell was going on. In this case, General Stanislaw Jezçek, mustered up a force of two regiments, as well as 10 tanks to assist. They quickly moved out, and they met their foes in the small village of Helga. In Helga they met a much larger German force, and though they fought heroically, were soon routed. At the very least, we received reliable reports that detailed the German force.

The Polish people are living in fear. Those who fled spoke of the Germans looting and burning towns, and executing local leaders and prominent figures. We call for help from the rest of the world, as the imperialistic Germans have made an unprovoked attack on Polish soil for the sole reason of gaining more territory and exploiting the resources of Poland.

We beg of you to help us, or Poland shall be destroyed.