Casualties Should Affect Morale

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Casualties Should Affect Morale

I think the current system of -5 morale per country should be changed, as even a player with one province left on a tiny island in the middle of nowhere still inflicts a morale penalty as does a war with a country on the other side of the world where the two of you never actually come into contact with each other, instead I think it should be based on the casualty rate which makes a lot more sense then the current system.

If you are at war with 5 countries but have suffered virtually no casualties while inflicting heavy losses your citizens should have a morale boost as the are winning the war, while if you suffer heavy losses then there should be a severe morale penalty to reflect the grieving parents and families on the home front. Perhaps a -1 morale point for every 10,000 casualties per country you are at war with, capped at some point but this would be a much more accurate system and a much better way to handle it.
    • Interesting idea.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • I think the losses should make morale fall quicker. Some wars with AI can only reach around ~70k casualties, so that would only be -7 morale, which is a bit silly considering that the country has been overrun and the entire army annihilated, air forces and all.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

I think the losses should make morale fall quicker. Some wars with AI can only reach around ~70k casualties, so that would only be -7 morale, which is a bit silly considering that the country has been overrun and the entire army annihilated, air forces and all.
      Well it can be adjusted I just threw out 10k perhaps it would be based upon the manpower cap or the number of citizens you have to determine the morale to casualty rate
    • adding my two cents on the idea, asside from morale lost for every 10k, we should also have a morale penalty when an entire army unit or fleet were destroyed in battle, that way it means the losing country knows its going down hill.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • V1nd1cat0r wrote:

adding my two cents on the idea, asside from morale lost for every 10k, we should also have a morale penalty when an entire army unit or fleet were destroyed in battle, that way it means the losing country knows its going down hill.
      Sounds good, yeah. It should have to be over a certain amount of units though because losing 1k men it ain't that bad, depending on what you're doing.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• I don't really agree with the 10k idea, because I had a war that went on for 30 days and there were massive casualties on both sides (I was had a few 10 thousands less). Otherwise, I think it's a great idea.
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • Kehsct wrote:

I don't really agree with the 10k idea, because I had a war that went on for 30 days and there were massive casualties on both sides (I was had a few 10 thousands less). Otherwise, I think it's a great idea.
      Perhaps in the COW, it is different.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

• ShadowHawk5 wrote:

HUNDMiau wrote:

I think thats a great idea too. Even though Im most often suffering heavy losses in every major battle,
      Well try using tac bombers and artillery this will hopefully get players to take steps to minimize their casualties in battle instead of just relying on sheer numbers. It would also give players a better chance against block alliances
      Exactly what I'm trying to do.
      Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.
      -Winston Churchill

Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching.
      -George S. Patton
    • Maximilien wrote:

Kehsct wrote:

I don't really agree with the 10k idea, because I had a war that went on for 30 days and there were massive casualties on both sides (I was had a few 10 thousands less). Otherwise, I think it's a great idea.
      Perhaps in the COW, it is different.
      What do you mean?
      -Winston Churchill

-George S. Patton
    • Kehsct wrote:

What do you mean?
      Perhaps adding to the COW, it is different

• Maximilien wrote:

Kehsct wrote:

What do you mean?
      Perhaps adding to the COW, it is different
      I still don't know what you mean.
      -Winston Churchill

-George S. Patton