Newspaper articles should be in chronological order

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Newspaper articles should be in chronological order

Currently, whenever someone writes a newspaper article, it is displayed right at the top of the page. I think this is a problem, because when players are having exchanges in the newspaper, the articles appear in reverse order, with the latest correspondence at the top and the earliest at the bottom. This makes it hard to follow the discussion, because you have to read the articles from the bottom to the top, as well as from right to left.

Surely it wouldn't be too difficult to make it so that articles written on a given day appear in chronological order, with the oldest at the top and newest at the bottom? Players could then follow a discussion much more easily.

Edit: it gets worse. I just discovered that editing an old newspaper articles pushes that to the top of the heap. This makes a newspaper discussion all but impossible to follow. It really needs to be fixed.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Joe Bentleigh ().

• Generally I suppose the most recent topics are ususally the most interesting ones which is why it makes sense to put them first... The Newspaper in RL does the same.. most recent or important things go first...

What indeed would be a good idea, would be to keep a topic where it is upon editing. I use to post my cabinet and ambassadors at the beginning of the game. Any changes result in the post coming up to the front. While in this case it might make sense, I think it would be better to leave the posts where they are... as an upside of this, everyone would just have to go to the first page, in order to find all such declarations in one place.
      Saludos Cordiales, / Liebe Grüße, / Sincerely,

-= BenjB =-
    • Most recent news, sure ... but articles written by players, they should stay in chronological order IMO. You can still see when a new article has been posted, courtesy of the little number icon, so all you would need to do at that point is just go to the bottom of the player articles and read that post.

And yes, I agree that editing an old post should NOT bring it back up to the top as that totally destroys the sequence of posts.