Unrealistic Heavy Tanks Stats

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unrealistic Heavy Tanks Stats

Hello;

I'm playing against an enemy that spams lots of tanks, and since we are in late game, he produces dozens of heavy tanks. I'm making a good defence using AT and the whole army with forts and nice battles in specific terrains, but I've noticed that this game needs a new balance for these tanks because they can be very OP if well used against unprepared opponents.

Heavy tanks were a big problem, for germans especially, in WWII. The tech was entirely new and it wasn't reliable at all. The engines weren't prepared for tons of armor, making them slow and an easy targets for planes. Also, their protections against inf. was zero if they were alone (A good idea), and problems with breaks always happened. The game doesn't respects these facts; here, if we find someone without AT or good defences, spam heavies to destroy armies made of inf. or medium tanks would be easy, and, as I can see, the strategy of my enemy is working most often to invade the whole map in every game he plays (he is the first place in rankings).

Taking for example the lvl 2 heavy tank (oh, and the tank in this image isn't an IS3), we can see that the oil draw is very low, aaking possible to spam lots of these. The stats for soft targets aren't realistic, defending rate against planes is too high and they are extremely fast! Although an IS3 could reach 30km per hour, a Maus would never do that (it's top speed was like 10km/h in flat lands).

Att
      Images
      • Sem título.png

731.6 kB, 760×644, viewed 185 times
      O beijo, amigo, é a véspera do escarro,
      A mão que afaga é a mesma que apedreja.
    • Some heavies did have good anti-infantry capabilities thanks to a good 'ol MG on the top. But, Germany only wanted big guns for anti-tank use and maybe only 1 MG or so. They are OP, you can conquer places with ease when you use them with inf., bombers, med tanks and some other crap you can throw in as a meatshield(eg, an AA from the start of the game, which I usually have).

Forum ArmyField Marshall :00000441:

Mess with the Bill, you get the scorn!

• heavy tanks are more of a line breaker unit, but i see the point, their stats are a bit off, but remember that Germany uses tanks as an independent unit, always in groups and never alone, as well as the US, this might explain their stats are high because they act as an armored division than a single unit.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • I disagree here. The draw on oil in late game is huge, so who ever you are fighting is doing a good job of supplying his units with oil.

Also, you should prepare defenses where tanks suck, like in big cities and mountains.

Question for the devs. What happens if OIL out put becomes zero, and negative. Do the OIL based units stop moving?
    • I just think that heavy tanks should be harder to use since the tech was new, and for me produce oil is very easy, I could have the same number of armored division that infantry, it's wrong. Also, as I said, the stats don't represent how these tanks were (not) reliable, making them OP.

But ok, for me the heavy tank stats aren't so unbalanced, but I wanted a realistical tech tree to show its problems in WWII.

Akulla3D wrote:

Also, you should prepare defenses where tanks suck, like in big cities and mountains.
      Also, the game says that tanks have -25% strenght in mountains, but their hitpoints keep the same. Is the victory based on HP or strenght?
      O beijo, amigo, é a véspera do escarro,
      A mão que afaga é a mesma que apedreja.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wilhelm von Roos ().

• HP is how many hits needed to destroy the unit, strenght is the damage it will give, victory can be achive by is left standing, but also who deal the most damage, pretty complex so I think a mix of different units are better.
      "Victory needs no explenation, defeat allows none"
      -imperium thought of the day
    • Blue&Bright wrote:

How do you dislike something on this forum?
      It's a feature that got removed because everyone was dislike bombing each others messages xD and of course liking their friends messages when they got dislike bombed. Was kind of cancer lol.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: