Radar as a building type.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Radar as a building type.

I'm suggesting a building type like a radar station, which expands your fog of war view range. This would be effective for things like islands, where you could have advanced warning of landing ops/enemy action. Also effective for things like readiness against surprise attacks (Building them on border towns), or scouting enemy troop movements discretely while you prepare for a suprise attack. There can also be a mechanic where their view range is better if built on mountains (giving mountains actual value) and less if built in forests and such. Just an idea I had, could add an interesting dynamic and I don't believe would require too much work on the team.
    • I think RADAR is an excellent idea! Some way to expand the FoW. Yes, make it a building to be placed on ground terrain and possibly put it in the higher tech levels on ships and aircraft. But, (sorry Shadowhawk5), I don't think it should increase the damage that is inflicted because RADAR really doesn't affect ammunition; just ability to 'see' what is out there. Being able to see further out on the islands make them more strategic.
    • cerealnerd wrote:

But, (sorry Shadowhawk5), I don't think it should increase the damage that is inflicted because RADAR really doesn't affect ammunition; just ability to 'see' what is out there
      I think what he means is that aircraft can be vectored towards targets quicker, but I still don't agree with it.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Interesting idea.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Ivanov Ibrahimovich wrote:

I'm suggesting a building type like a radar station, which expands your fog of war view range. This would be effective for things like islands, where you could have advanced warning of landing ops/enemy action. Also effective for things like readiness against surprise attacks (Building them on border towns), or scouting enemy troop movements discretely while you prepare for a suprise attack. There can also be a mechanic where their view range is better if built on mountains (giving mountains actual value) and less if built in forests and such. Just an idea I had, could add an interesting dynamic and I don't believe would require too much work on the team.
      That is a pretty good idea, but can you give some more details about the prices and things?
      BeaveRyan
      EN Community Support | Bytro Labs Gmbh

Training Alliance United Leader