Alternative History- Great War- Colonial Era.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RoyalGladiator wrote:

Alright yeah i would like Cali
      It is an interesting option.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • I've had some troubles in the past with territory disputes (which we need to address, as I will be forming literally the largest empire ever). For example, what would happen if France conquers a territory within its previously set borders, but a rebellion places it in my hands? Basically, do I trade it back for a minimal price ($1) or a reasonable price of my choice? If for whatever reason I can't trade it back, would France briefly go to war with me to retake it? Or France conquers territory of mine but claims it belongs to France, according to the map? Or attacks on one another before we are properly ready, whether accidental or intentional?

Also, are attacks on allies allowed? I'm saying this because of my past experiences, not because I will. Also, we should have a 36-hour period after the last person is done conquering their assigned territories so they can properly prepare for the war to begin. What happens if any of the rules are broken?

Enough questions for you? :muahaha:

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -Jack Handey
    • of Jophan wrote:

I've had some troubles in the past with territory disputes (which we need to address, as I will be forming literally the largest empire ever). For example, what would happen if France conquers a territory within its previously set borders, but a rebellion places it in my hands? Basically, do I trade it back for a minimal price ($1) or a reasonable price of my choice? If for whatever reason I can't trade it back, would France briefly go to war with me to retake it? Or France conquers territory of mine but claims it belongs to France, according to the map? Or attacks on one another before we are properly ready, whether accidental or intentional?

Also, are attacks on allies allowed? I'm saying this because of my past experiences, not because I will. Also, we should have a 36-hour period after the last person is done conquering their assigned territories so they can properly prepare for the war to begin. What happens if any of the rules are broken?

Enough questions for you? :muahaha:
      Hello Jophan!

Each nation has to conquer the territories which are marked on the map. Where a territory conquering has had a rebellion, this land will belong to the nation revolted.

When all nations have conquered their territories, the war will start.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

• Maximilien wrote:

When all nations have conquered their territories, the war will start.
      I think this is unfair. Say, for people such as Japan and California that don't have that much land to conquer, they can build up large amounts of resources while the rest of us go and form Russia (which is HUGE!), the British Empire (which is HUGE!), China (which is relatively large), the Ottoman Empire (which is relatively large), the French Empire (which is HUGE!), the Spanish Empire (which is HUGE!), unite North America, and conquer half of Europe (Germany). It is totally unfair for some people to have large amounts of stockpiled resources and the rest of us to conquer our given territories (and subsequently not stockpile resources).

Second, I have a question. Why are we starting the coalition war at the very beginning of the role-play? Shouldn't we have a large buildup to it? Because, as you have said in the rule-makings of this role-play, that certain countries within coalitions are enemies to other countries in the same coalition. But these enemies are brought together by the fact that they want to coalition the powerful French and Spanish Alliance (along with their North American pals). Shouldn't we have a couple years of 'world peace', AKA the entire world not at war with itself, to really get into the role-play? I am Russia, right? And China is my coalition member, but he's also my enemy. So... you're saying that as soon as everyone conquers their territories, basically a World War starts. I don't like it and I think it needs review from the community.
      It's been a while
    • purplepizza117 wrote:

I think this is unfair. Say, for people such as Japan and California that don't have that much land to conquer, they can build up large amounts of resources while the rest of us go and form Russia (which is HUGE!), the British Empire (which is HUGE!), China (which is relatively large), the Ottoman Empire (which is relatively large), the French Empire (which is HUGE!), the Spanish Empire (which is HUGE!), unite North America, and conquer half of Europe (Germany). It is totally unfair for some people to have large amounts of stockpiled resources and the rest of us to conquer our given territories (and subsequently not stockpile resources).

Second, I have a question. Why are we starting the coalition war at the very beginning of the role-play? Shouldn't we have a large buildup to it? Because, as you have said in the rule-makings of this role-play, that certain countries within coalitions are enemies to other countries in the same coalition. But these enemies are brought together by the fact that they want to coalition the powerful French and Spanish Alliance (along with their North American pals). Shouldn't we have a couple years of 'world peace', AKA the entire world not at war with itself, to really get into the role-play? I am Russia, right? And China is my coalition member, but he's also my enemy. So... you're saying that as soon as everyone conquers their territories, basically a World War starts. I don't like it and I think it needs review from the community.
      Hello purplepizza117!

Thanks for the suggestion! To a certain extent you have reason, for that reason I have decided to reform the map of the United States.

The Republic of California will have a large expansion in the United States, and will have the North of Mexico.

In this way, the map is reformed!

On the other hand, this game has coalitions because the history of this roleplay is one Alternative History and need teams!

• RoyalGladiator wrote:

california please
      The map of your nation has been update.

• Few nations are missing!

• of Jophan wrote:

I've had some troubles in the past with territory disputes (which we need to address, as I will be forming literally the largest empire ever). For example, what would happen if France conquers a territory within its previously set borders, but a rebellion places it in my hands? Basically, do I trade it back for a minimal price ($1) or a reasonable price of my choice? If for whatever reason I can't trade it back, would France briefly go to war with me to retake it? Or France conquers territory of mine but claims it belongs to France, according to the map? Or attacks on one another before we are properly ready, whether accidental or intentional?

Maximilien wrote:

purplepizza117 wrote:

Hello purplepizza117!
      Thanks for the suggestion! To a certain extent you have reason, for that reason I have decided to reform the map of the United States.

The Republic of California will have a large expansion in the United States, and will have the North of Mexico.

In this way, the map is reformed!

On the other hand, this game has coalitions because the history of this roleplay is one Alternative History and need teams!
      Thanks for the quick response.

I understand the reason for the coalitions– but I don't think they should be put to war immediately.
      It's been a while
    • A user called UMER has chosen the German Empire!

• 8th Coalition
      @MarshalTilen is the Japanese Empire.
      @purplepizza117 is the Russian Empire
      @of Jophan is the British Empire.
      Unclaimed: China, Ottoman Empire
      La Coalition
      @oceanhawk is the Spanish Empire.
      @RoyalGladiator is the Republic of California.
      @UMER is the German Empire.
      Unclaimed: French Empire, United States of America

-Only 8 players will take part.
      This was a rule from Maximilien's very long post on page 1, just above the map of the world. Since there are 10 players, will one on either side have to sit out?

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -Jack Handey
    • of Jophan wrote:

Unclaimed: French Empire, United States of America
      I chose the French Empire.

• purplepizza117 wrote:

I think he meant 10 players.
      Correct.

• 8th Coalition
      @MarshalTilen is the Japanese Empire.
      @purplepizza117 is the Russian Empire
      @of Jophan is the British Empire.
      Unclaimed: China, Ottoman Empire
      La Coalition
      @oceanhawk is the Spanish Empire.
      @RoyalGladiator is the Republic of California.
      @UMER is the German Empire.
      @Maximilien is the French Empire.
      Unclaimed: United States of America

• It is necessary to post at least 3 articles in the newspapper. And all units are allowed.

• Maximilien wrote:

It is necessary to post at least 3 articles in the newspapper. And all units are allowed.
      Per day? Week? By the time the coalition war begins?