Who Was The Worst Dictator of WW2?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I would like to express that the last 3 vote options of mine are there simply because they were leaders of their nations during World War 2.

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -Jack Handey
    • Quasi-duck wrote:

of Jophan wrote:

I would like to express that the last 3 vote options of mine are there simply because they were leaders of their nations during World War 2.
      Just because someone lead in WWII doesn't mean they are a dictator.....
      Correct!

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • That's what I meant. I picked them simply because they were elected officials during World War 2, not because of anything they've done.

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -Jack Handey
    • of Jophan wrote:

That's what I meant. I picked them simply because they were elected officials during World War 2, not because of anything they've done.
      Interesting!

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

• MihailMD wrote:

They have done QUITE a lot. Burning German cities to inflict the most civilian casualties, dropping nukes on Civilian population in JApan. They all belong to this pole
      Remember the crimes carried out by the Empire of Japan and Germany.

• Maximilien wrote:

MihailMD wrote:

They have done QUITE a lot. Burning German cities to inflict the most civilian casualties, dropping nukes on Civilian population in JApan. They all belong to this pole
      Remember the crimes carried out by the Empire of Japan and Germany.
      It does not make the crimes of US and UK any less horrific, but rather proves my point that they all belong to the poll
    • MihailMD wrote:

It does not make the crimes of US and UK any less horrific, but rather proves my point that they all belong to the poll
      Interesting.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

MihailMD wrote:

rather proves my point that they all belong to the poll
      The leaders were voted in democratically and chosen by the people, so they are not dictators.
      Correct! For example Stalin.

• Not A Communist wrote:

Stalin was still a dictator.
      Stalin was chosen by the members participating in the Russian revolution. Stalin was chosen and supported by senior members of the Soviet Union. Stalin had to obtain absolute power and eliminate numerous political enemies to strengthen the Soviet Union, for this reason people think that he is a dictator.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Stalin was an elected dictator! End of, as he ruled until death did him and the USSR apart.
      Correct!

• MihailMD wrote:

[FDR, Churchill, and de Galle] have done QUITE a lot. Burning German cities to inflict the most civilian casualties, dropping nukes on Civilian population in JApan. They all belong to this pole
      Since World War 1, bombing cities has become the norm of war. The nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was commenced to spare many more lives, and the effects of a nuclear fallout were unknown.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

MihailMD wrote:

The leaders were voted in democratically and chosen by the people, so they are not dictators.
      Technically he was elected by the members of the party

Maximilien wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

MihailMD wrote:

Correct! For example Stalin.
      They started talking about war crimes, and that is why I mentioned just a few from many of the ones committed by Western powers

of Jophan wrote:

MihailMD wrote:

[FDR, Churchill, and de Galle] have done QUITE a lot. Burning German cities to inflict the most civilian casualties, dropping nukes on Civilian population in JApan. They all belong to this pole
      Since World War 1, bombing cities has become the norm of war. The nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was commenced to spare many more lives, and the effects of a nuclear fallout were unknown.
      How can you say nuking densely populated cities would spare many more lives?? this is the most ignorant comment.
      The way UK and US bombed German cities was not a norm of war. It was a war crime , as they were setting them on fire from the outsides, so people could not escape, and yet again we are talking about civilians, not military sites or bases.
      Even Stalin was not as bloodthirsty as western "democratic" leaders
    • The worst part is that the raids didn't do all that much. Even after special raids with hundreds of bombers targeted a ball-bearings factory for a week, it was only partially damaged and was repaired again in a few months.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

The worst part is that the raids didn't do all that much. Even after special raids with hundreds of bombers targeted a ball-bearings factory for a week, it was only partially damaged and was repaired again in a few months.
      Interesting...