Who Was The Worst Dictator of WW2?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Not A Communist wrote:

Maximilien is Call of War's worst dictator... *Shudders*
      :00008172: :00008172: :00008172: :00008172: :00008172: :00008172: :00008172:

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • MihailMD wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

MihailMD wrote:

rather proves my point that they all belong to the poll
      The leaders were voted in democratically and chosen by the people, so they are not dictators.
      Technically he was elected by the members of the party

Maximilien wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

MihailMD wrote:

rather proves my point that they all belong to the poll
      The leaders were voted in democratically and chosen by the people, so they are not dictators.
      Correct! For example Stalin.
      They started talking about war crimes, and that is why I mentioned just a few from many of the ones committed by Western powers

of Jophan wrote:

MihailMD wrote:

[FDR, Churchill, and de Galle] have done QUITE a lot. Burning German cities to inflict the most civilian casualties, dropping nukes on Civilian population in JApan. They all belong to this pole
      Since World War 1, bombing cities has become the norm of war. The nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki was commenced to spare many more lives, and the effects of a nuclear fallout were unknown.
      How can you say nuking densely populated cities would spare many more lives?? this is the most ignorant comment.The way UK and US bombed German cities was not a norm of war. It was a war crime , as they were setting them on fire from the outsides, so people could not escape, and yet again we are talking about civilians, not military sites or bases.
      Even Stalin was not as bloodthirsty as western "democratic" leaders
      Mate, Operation Downfall, the Allied codename for the invasion of mainland Japan, had an estimate of 2,000,000 Allied DEATHS. And that's without counting the countless deaths the Japs would have suffered in their fanatic defense. Fat Man and Little Boy saved lives.
      The past is a foreign country.
    • Pablo22510 wrote:

Mate, Operation Downfall, the Allied codename for the invasion of mainland Japan, had an estimate of 2,000,000 Allied DEATHS. And that's without counting the countless deaths the Japs would have suffered in their fanatic defense. Fat Man and Little Boy saved lives.
      Yes! For this reason, the allies had to launch atomic bombs.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

• Maximilien wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

I agree, the atomic bombs saved the most lives.
    • Not A Communist wrote:

Maximilien wrote:

Pablo22510 wrote:

I agree, the atomic bombs saved the most lives.
      Yes! And atom bombs avoided a direct confrontation between the Soviet Union and the United States in the cold war.

• purplepizza117 wrote:

Who the heck picked Churchill?
      Yes. It's rare.

purplepizza117 wrote:

Stalin, by far, considering that in 1939 he also purged the Russian Military of its best generals.
      Many purges.

• purplepizza117 wrote:

Who the heck picked Churchill? Also, Stalin, by far, considering that in 1939 he also purged the Russian Military of its best generals.
      That doesn't make him a dictator and they were not the best generals either. Zhukov was the best. What it does make Stalin though is a bit of a wazoo.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Zhukov was the best
      Rommel was the best.

• of Jophan wrote:

Maximilien wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

Zhukov was the best
      Rommel was the best.
      A better idea would be to make a poll about the best general.
      Or one thread!

• I was on about Russian general. I couldn't care less who was the best general overall, the Allies won together while the Germans, Japs and Italians all lost so their generals were tied down by bad armies and countries.
      :00000441: Forum Gang Commissar :00000441:

Black Lives Matter!!!!! All Lives Matter!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Surely if most of a "superior" army were there they should've won if they were actually any good? This would mean that Germany threw nearly everything they had at the USSR and still lost.
      When Germany invaded the Soviet Union possessed better weapons, more troops and experienced generals. Germany lost the war since the Red Army resisted.

• Maximilien wrote:

Quasi-duck wrote:

Surely if most of a "superior" army were there they should've won if they were actually any good? This would mean that Germany threw nearly everything they had at the USSR and still lost.
      When Germany invaded the Soviet Union possessed better weapons, more troops and experienced generals. Germany lost the war since the Red Army resisted.
      unlike any other European army?:)))
    • MihailMD wrote:

unlike any other European army
      Germany also lost against the American army...

• MihailMD wrote:

USA did not fight Germany until the fate of Germany was already determined, they were already weak and broken. It was hardly a victory for USA, it was more of kicking the downed opponent
      The Normandy landings, The Allies liberated Western Europe.