Who Was The Worst Dictator of WW2?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Who Was The Worst Dictator of WW2?

Who was the worst dictator of the their country? 17
        Adolf Hitler (Germany) (5) 29%
        Josef Stalin (Soviet Union) (10) 59%
        Michinomiya Hirohito (Japan) (0) 0%
        Benito Mussolini (Italy) (1) 6%
        Winston Churchill (England) (1) 6%
        Franklin Delano Roosevelt, aka FDR (USA) (0) 0%
        Charles De Galle (Free France) (0) 0%
      Who was the worst dictator during World War 2? When answering this, consider the number of their own people they killed, their methods of imprisonment, 'racial cleansing', and, most importantly, how they led their country.

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." -Jack Handey

The post was edited 1 time, last by of Jophan: Who was the worst dictator of their country? ().

• Moved to Off-Topic! @of Jophan

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

"Alea iacta est" Gaius Julius Caesar.
    • Stalin! Perhaps Stalin fought against the Germans in the second world war but it was a dictator! He annihilated his political enemies and created great purges in the Red Army.

"I came, I saw, I conquered" Written in a report to Rome 47 B.C., after conquering Pharnaces at Zela in Asia Minor in just five days; as quoted in Life of Caesar by Plutarch; reported to have been inscribed on one of the decorated wagons in the Pontic triumph, in Lives of the Twelve Caesars, Julius, by Suetonius.

• @Quasi-duck what do you think?

• Churchill and FDR were not dictators. But its hard to choose with Stalin's purges and ruling with an iron fist and Hitlers holocaust of which were the greatest evil. I have to say Stalin because he killed millions directly and indirectly through his purges and forced collectivization. The purges resulted in poor military command leading many troops to their deaths.

Forum Gang Divine Entity :00000156:

Taking over the Forum 1 post at a time.
    • Ellio_98 wrote:

Churchill and FDR were not dictators.
      Correct.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Hitler, he used the same political tactics as Donald Trump except he followed them through as well as starting the damn war.
      Interesting.

• And Stalin? @Quasi-duck

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Maximilien wrote:

And Stalin? @Quasi-duck
      What he did to some people was bad but you have to remember, he was voted in legitimately (albeit still a dictator in a one party state). Stalin was a dictator but Hitler was just a dicktator.
      Ambos llevaron a cabo purgas.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Maximilien wrote:

And Stalin? @Quasi-duck
      What he did to some people was bad but you have to remember, he was voted in legitimately (albeit still a dictator in a one party state). Stalin was a dictator but Hitler was just a dicktator.
      Both carried out purges!

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Maximilien wrote:

Both carried out purges!
      And? Stalin lead the USSR to economic prosperity (at the time) and did not force his country to go to war. In fact, he was quite the isolationist, contrary to popular belief.
      The purges are purges.

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Maximilien wrote:

The purges are purges.
      Whatever.
      But he became a power to Russia!

• Quasi-duck wrote:

Maximilien wrote:

But he became a power to Russia!
      USSR, actually. Common mistake, the USSR was a union of states, Russia being the biggest.
      Correct.